Tyres- All season or summer only

I thought that camper tyres were a higher ply rating to cope with the extra weight.
Why do you say that commercial tyres are better?
I have always been happy with Continental until now but am happy to take advice.
Camper tyres are 10 ply? Anyway yes higher ply rating because, think about it, gvw 3.5t, massive overhang etc etc and running almost or even over legal gvw.
The typical white van man's van run mostly well under max gvw.

In Ireland most cars go sideways round bends it’s an Irish pastime. King of the cone?
Trev will know🤣😂👌
I think MoTs were only recently? introduced in Ireland. Tractors which look like heaps of scrap and puffing clouds of smoke, no number plates or lights, seem to be exempt

Camper tyres are 10 ply? Anyway yes higher ply rating because, think about it, gvw 3.5t, massive overhang etc etc and running almost or even over legal gvw.
The typical white van man's van run mostly well under max gvw.
Before posting you need to check your facts, CP (campervan tyres) are not 10ply, and that's one of the big problems with them, the regs limit the load rating of them, so for a van like ours a CP tyre will be woefully short of capacity to take the maximum axle loads.

In alpine areas winter tyres are required but you could get away with RV tyres if thet have the snow symbol mark. The orginall van tyres supplied on our ducato panel van sent us sliding skidding and loosing traction - never again.
The whole of Norway for instance requires winter tyres in winter.

I thought Norway was one country that bucked the trend in not having a winter tyre rules?
Stating something like, you must have tyres with adequate traction, rather than specifying winter tyres.

Although it probably has dates when tyres with studs can be used.

Will have to look up current rules.

They should have the snowflake symbol on to comply with local laws i think.
All cross climate / all season will have, otherwise it isn’t a cross climate.
Photo of my tyre

IMG_1183.jpeg

I thought Norway was one country that bucked the trend in not having a winter tyre rules?
Stating something like, you must have tyres with adequate traction, rather than specifying winter tyres.

Although it probably has dates when tyres with studs can be used.

Will have to look up current rules.
For sub 3.5t in Norway the tyres should be the correct ones for the conditions, as such winter tyres are not mandated in law to be fitted unless the weather is bad, but I doubt anyone there keeps summer tyres on, as for much of winter over most of the country they would be illegal.

For sub 3.5t in Norway the tyres should be the correct ones for the conditions, as such winter tyres are not mandated in law to be fitted unless the weather is bad, but I doubt anyone there keeps summer tyres on, as for much of winter over most of the country they would be illegal.

Basically what I said, although I used the term " tyres with adequate traction" and you, "correct ones for the conditions"

Funny enough, a mate I was up there with did tow a local bloke up a slippery hill. That was well up north too and in January. He still had summer tyres on.
Regardless of rules, I think you're nuts not to have winter or even studded tyres up there.

Basically what I said, although I used the term " tyres with adequate traction" and you, "correct ones for the conditions"

Funny enough, a mate I was up there with did tow a local bloke up a slippery hill. That was well up north too and in January. He still had summer tyres on.
Regardless of rules, I think you're nuts not to have winter or even studded tyres up there.
I noticed in many driveways sets of wheels with studded tyres awaiting next winter, can you imagine leaving sets of wheels out in UK! how many mornings would you expect to still see them.

Many of the handful of people I know in Nordic countries pretty much all run studded tyres during dates allowed. If they don't have room to store them, the local tyre fitter stores whichever set are not in use. Studded tyres are being discouraged in big towns now though, not that they have too many big towns, or not what we'd call big towns. 😂

Back