Tyres- All season or summer only

You do well out of tyres, im on the second set on my car since xmas, get a few years with the van.
How many miles a year do you do a year? Worst I can remember for me is on my Austin Ambassador where I used to get 10,000 miles a year which I thought was pants (only had that car for 13 months and had two new sets in that time).

That is on the van, they have done over thirty thousand now
Best i ever got out of tyres on a car was 10.000 miles, they were hard and slid in the wet when hammering round bends.
Average milage now is 20th a year but on my last car i hit 40th one year, do you ever go out. 😂

Best i ever got out of tyres on a car was 10.000 miles, they were hard and slid in the wet when hammering round bends.
Average milage now is 20th a year but on my last car i hit 40th one year, do you ever go out. 😂
That is rubbish mileage you are getting. Current car I changed the tyres at 27,000. You should get something better than Chinese Ditchfinder XL Specials.

I bought my Fiat Panda in 2011 with 8.000 miles on the clock, I have had to replace the tyres twice in that time (both times with all-season tyres) it is now at 87.000 miles and the tyres still have plenty of tread left, I have swapped front to back regularly because it is my toad so the fronts wear quicker, I don't drive it slow but I do drive carefully

I always put new tyres to the back and bring the rears forward, it meens when they wear out i have only 2 to buy, if you keep swapping or put new ones to the front then all will wear at the same time, then 4 tyres at the same time will empty the bank.

I bought my Fiat Panda in 2011 with 8.000 miles on the clock, I have had to replace the tyres twice in that time (both times with all-season tyres) it is now at 87.000 miles and the tyres still have plenty of tread left, I have swapped front to back regularly because it is my toad so the fronts wear quicker, I don't drive it slow but I do drive carefully
I had an Alfa 164 and replaced all 4 every 6000 miles ,glad it was a Company car :ROFLMAO: 😀😀

Please note this cannot be done with directional tyres.

I also regularly change my tyres side to side to even out the extra wear the front near/passenger side tyre get because of our roundabouts.

Whilst they are off i destone, clean and inspect the wheels inside and out for damage etc. etc.

I am not suggesting everyone should do this but this regime works for me and i`m happy to continue doing it whilst i am able to :)

It’s not just about buying cross climate tyres for winter driving. The type of places we go in our vans to park up is often off road so an aggressive tyre is going to be better. BF Goodrich Trail Terrains work well for me. They’re a bit more road friendly than the All Terrains.
IMG_3466.jpeg

That's not strictly true.

Provided front and back are swapped on the same side it's not a problem.

As an aside it's worth having a spare that is not directional. Then it can be put in any position.
I`m sorry i didn`t make myself clear enough and i will make sure that i cover all possiblities in future posts.

My bold statement was meant to be in relation to swapping directional tyres side to side which should not be done, front to back is fine.

FWIW after hours of review searching and much deliberation I've just fitted a pair of Kumho Portran KC53 to the front of the van. Commercial van tire, excellent grip and very quiet compared to the vanco camper. Less than £100 each fully fitted.
We're pretty low mileage, fair-ish weather campers.

Weren't you just telling us in another thread that we were irresponsible for not checking everything such as CV joints and track rod ends every time we went out on the road Trev? :LOL:
Nop i do it before i go out on the road, not safe looking at those things when driving. 😂

https://www.paisleyfreight.com/alloy-wheel-courier
they don't distinguish between alloy an steel
Anyone interested in these £210.
Two tyres have only been fitted about a month

Weren't you just telling us in another thread that we were irresponsible for not checking everything such as CV joints and track rod ends every time we went out on the road Trev? :LOL:
In Ireland most cars go sideways round bends it’s an Irish pastime. King of the cone?
Trev will know🤣😂👌

I'd say that it depends on whether or not you drive in winter.

Either way, it is not a good idea to buy camper tyres. Commercial tyres are cheaper and better
In alpine areas winter tyres are required but you could get away with RV tyres if thet have the snow symbol mark. The orginall van tyres supplied on our ducato panel van sent us sliding skidding and loosing traction - never again.
The whole of Norway for instance requires winter tyres in winter.

Back