Tyres- All season or summer only

Alshymer

Hi
I am currently using Continental Vanco Camper tyres which will need replacing shortly.
I see there is an option of all season or summer tyres, which ones would you go for?
Is there any advantage to paying the extra for all season?
Thanks

I run Michelin cross climates have to say they are great, but they ain’t cheap, also if you don’t drive in snow or on mud and if you don’t push-on in the dry maybe save the money.

I run Michelin cross climates have to say they are great, but they ain’t cheap, also if you don’t drive in snow or on mud and if you don’t push-on in the dry maybe save the money.
Also good if you drive at temps under 6/8C - which is more than half the year in Scotland.

So yup, I run Cross-climates on both Motorhome AND car.

I thought that camper tyres were a higher ply rating to cope with the extra weight.
Why do you say that commercial tyres are better?
I have always been happy with Continental until now but am happy to take advice.

Camper tyres have a stronger side wall to deal with being stood for long periods....that's it.

I thought that camper tyres were a higher ply rating to cope with the extra weight.
Why do you say that commercial tyres are better?
I have always been happy with Continental until now but am happy to take advice.
I thought this had been done to death, campervan tyres are not always a higher rating due to the regs around them, so for the size of tyre on my van and it's axle loads I have to use commercial tyres to be safe and legal.

I use Continental Four Seasons and they have been great, just over 5 years in with this set now and loads of life left one them yet

I ran Michelins on my works van, went through 3 sets in 7 years, last lot still good. 238,000 miles on the clock.

the only think i expect from my tyres is grip to get me off a slippery grass
pitch I can drive according to road conditions but rain overnite can catch you out

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back