Tyre pressures ( what do you use to inflate/check/ adjust?

The laird

Last weekend done my tyre pressures and managed to blow up my RAC approved inflator,so went onto the net to see what I would buy
I then reminded watching ash pollard on you tube ( lost n Europe) and he had purchased one like I was looking for ,a twin cylinder 150 psi max so I can also do my rear suspension with it.so I ordered one on Monday and it got delivered today and I must say I’m very impressed with it
just wanted to check the tyre pressures and they were all out so another job well done
what do you use?

AE455606-1F52-4E1C-957D-C34E882BF970.png
DCDA2B3E-1139-40B7-B1F3-B212B85B1ECC.png

I use my garage compressor at home and I have one I found in the tip years ago in the van. Don’t know the make but it works well. I have puncture repair strings in the van which are excellent and can repair punctures without even removing the wheel.

I use my garage compressor at home and I have one I found in the tip years ago in the van. Don’t know the make but it works well. I have puncture repair strings in the van which are excellent and can repair punctures without even removing the wheel.
Where did you get the strings from cal?

I've got a puncture repair aerosol thingy which I think is a getyouhome job.

Not sure if they are to be recommended though?

Got the kit off Mac Tools a long time ago. But it’s similar to this one from Euro Car Parts.
E1ACA632-E938-48F4-8EB7-04AFCD60FBE3.jpeg

I have a Ring 240v unit I keep in the MH, it is then run off the inverter. It allows a quicker higher pressure than a normal 12v unit.

Last edited:
I have one which is pretty much an exact copy of this Gordon;

I think I paid £19.99 for it and it works a treat.
I have a genuine Ring 900 and it is excellent. Had it many years. At least ten.
It is quite powerful. It draws 20A when working hard.
I also have a Ring 1000 which is less powerful. That draws 15A which means it runs off a cog lighter socket, and it has an auto-cutoff when it has reached the right pressure (more or less).
The 1000 is more of a domestic product, the 900 more of a trade one. Both are well made, quality products.

I have a genuine Ring 900 and it is excellent. Had it many years. At least ten.
It is quite powerful. It draws 20A when working hard.
I also have a Ring 1000 which is less powerful. That draws 15A which means it runs off a cog lighter socket, and it has an auto-cutoff when it has reached the right pressure (more or less).
The 1000 is more of a domestic product, the 900 more of a trade one. Both are well made, quality products.
Yes in fact I was actually looking to buy the ring RAC900 when I spotted this, but at the price I thought I would give it a go and so far it has been very good.

I don't think that I will get the longevity of the ring product and it will probably let me down just when I need it most. However, I do have a smaller product made by ring which I think cost about £25 or so and it was also pretty good so I have it as a backup.

If this fails I will replace it with the Ring RAC900.

Gordon I have been attracted to this inflator, but not sure if the combined length of 12v cable and yellow extension tube gets you to both rear tyres without disconnecting, are you able to access all your tyres on the new van?
Bruce

I've got a puncture repair aerosol thingy which I think is a getyouhome job.

Not sure if they are to be recommended though?
Similar things are supplied with new cars that don't have a spare wheel ,they have a low speed limit , ,.as you say just get you home .

And utterly useless for anything other than a small puncture in the tread of the tyre.

The tyre repair centre may refuse to fix the tyre when this has been used. New tyre required...

Gordon I have been attracted to this inflator, but not sure if the combined length of 12v cable and yellow extension tube gets you to both rear tyres without disconnecting, are you able to access all your tyres on the new van?
Bruce
I made up a power lead extension and can get round the whole vehicle now Bruce

I was stuck once with a flat and no spare, looked in the local small ads and saw this advert for 'Brenda's Blows' she came round straightaway. Boy did I get the wrong end of the stick, however Brenda knew her onions and soon got me up and running.... in her own inimitable way...... Happy days..

79dbb86c322be365b6bd7af9447be2a7--big-balloons-ministry.jpg

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back