Tyre pressure

edit: I thought I was replying to a previous post but the quote didn't come up. So forget it. I just use the pressures on the door post label, I don't see anything wrong with that.
Oh and by the way did you know that if you have a new - ish motorhome with a TPMS then it has to be working properly for the MOT? Reason number two thousand nine hundred and eighty six not to buy a new motorhome.
Ours is newish 2020 and doesn't have TPMS. Think it's an option when ordering Fiat Cabs

I would imagine it comes as a non-option if you want the 'de-luxe' pack of Remis blinds, cab air con, and the seemingly non-optional alloy wheels which look fabadabadozy in the showroom but take an hour each to clean later.

After writing my
So forget it. I just use the pressures on the door post label, I don't see anything wrong with that.

Our van, like many others, is built on a Maxi chassis but only licenced for 3.5t. The door pillar pressures are for axle loads which add up to 4.5t, considerably higher than we can legally use, let alone those we actually run at.
After writing my reply something occurred to me, for decades now my cars have had three different pressures on the door pillar label, one for light load, one for maximum load, and one for economy, and yet for vans Michelin only ever consider the tyres should be at maximum pressure which might well be way over that needed.

On my Rapido weight 3.875 I run my Michelin Agilis 60 at the front and 65 at the rear
Why?
Because the man that fitted them told me to.🤷‍♀️

Continental do a fantastic tyre data book tha gives tyre pressures for load on many many tyres.
It is best viewed on a computer screen to get double pages lined up.
Obviously manufacturer specific but with Ply Rating and size I would be prepared to use it for other premium brands.

It's very comprehensive and full admit to being too lazy to edit up the most likely sections - have fun browsing 😀😀

Attachments

• Conti Databook 20-21.pdf
    2.8 MB · Views: 124
Carthago have 5 pages of tyres and tyre pressures to pick from Zw is for tag axle
IMG_20210905_132849.jpg

Last edited:
Pleased that Cathargo have engaged brain - see a page published in another thread recently.

Pleased that Cathargo have engaged brain - see a page published in another thread recently.
Possibly on the Bailey forum I have been trying to educate them but they are a reluctant bunch. Just because it says 80psi on the MH that's what it should be. Then they wrap everything in teatowls and bubble wrap. 🤔😊😊😊😊😊😊😊

If you are going to get too fussy about weight and tyre pressures then you will need to adjust your tyre pressures each time you fill up with diesel, each time you go shopping, each time you fill the water tank / empty the grey tank and each time you empty the cassette. Then of course you will have to set the pressures before you set off in the morning and adjust them at noon after a hundred miles of driving.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back