Tyre pressure monitor

TyrePal have replied saying if I want a system for six wheels I can order a solar colour and two extra sensors and the CCC discount applies at 25%.

The only problem I can see is the handbook says do not use with aluminium valve stems, so I assume the same would apply to the steel bodies common on motorhomes. Does anyone use one of these set ups on steel bodied valve stems?

Cheers

H

TyrePal have replied saying if I want a system for six wheels I can order a solar colour and two extra sensors and the CCC discount applies at 25%.

The only problem I can see is the handbook says do not use with aluminium valve stems, so I assume the same would apply to the steel bodies common on motorhomes. Does anyone use one of these set ups on steel bodied valve stems?

Cheers

H
Using my Tyrepal solar with steel valve stems. No problems at all.

Tyre fitters advise not using metal stem valves at all, unless you are running pressures too high for the normal rubber ones.

I use metal valve stems considering we’re running 65 and 80 psi in the tyres. I’ve not had a problem in all the years I’ve used tyrepal.

The display is set up for twin rear wheel rather than tag as ours is, but so long as I know which sensor is for which wheel that'll do me.

Good to know the system is working with metal stems. I've ordered a Solar Colour, two extra sensors and a neat little pressure gauge for £125 all up with the C&CC discount.

Cheers

H

I use metal valve stems considering we’re running 65 and 80 psi in the tyres. I’ve not had a problem in all the years I’ve used tyrepal.
Yes, at those pressures, you probably do need metal valves.

I have had steel valve stems on mine since new, the tyre fitters keep wanting to change them but I insist they stay on, TyrePal works fine with them

I fitted my tyre pal today ready for our first trip on Sunday, it was extremely easy to fit and set it up, far better quality than the Chinese crap I bought of eBay, luckily I received a refund from the seller for this, I still have it as he didn't want it returnimg, so I'm going to put it on my jetski tyres that are 45psi as an early warning system.

I have a compressor and a Sealy tyre pressure inflator, I put 80psi in the rear tyres and 70 psi in the front tyres. I then fitted the Tyrepal valve sensors, one front is showing 75psi, the other 76psi and one rear showing 82psi and the other 81psi, not sure which is more accurate, the tyre pal system or my Sealy tyre pressure inflator.

TyrePal, you can change the sensor batteries when they run out. My previous Fit2Go (now marketed as Michelin) the whole sensor (expensive) had to be replaced when the batteries went flat.

My van according to the dealers brochure was supposed to have TPMS fitted, when I got Fiat to check the specs on the chassis number co computer says no. After a few calls to dealer & Elddis I agreed to having a system so had Tyrepal fitted. The dealer hadn't done one before but it was soon fitted. Got them to hard wire it rather than using the cigarette lighter socket. Works well, co es on when I start driving, cycles round each tyre showing pressure & temp for each. Has settings for warnings but left at default. To me it does the job well, enlightening seeing how much the pressure increases when it's hot. I have them set at 65 psi. Anybody can usually tell if they have a serious puncture but can only check their tyres before a journey, what you have with Tyrepal is some warning if you are slowly losing pressure & allows you time before they tyre gets damaged.

Just had a similar problem with my ebay 'Dunlop' set - I was just about to get one of my tyres re-fitted due to a slow leak, shown by the TPMS - but its seems its actually the little sensor that is leaking. Think I will just go back to manually checking tyres before every journey.
Probably not the sensor that is leaking, but the small rubber O ring. If you tighten them too little, they can leak. If you tighten them too much, they can leak. It's inherent in the design: the sensor has to hold the valve open to read the pressure. The airtightness depends on how well the O ring seals the valve stem to the sensor.

They would be far better if they had a valve on their "out" side so you could leave them fitted when adjusting the pressure.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back