Tyre pressure monitor

campervanannie

Ok let’s talk about these things
Are they any good
Is there a make that can be relied on
Are they idiot proof on the setting up and using

I bought one from eBay as Tyrepal was out of stock at the time, so I thought I would take a punt, it was supposed to do upto 99psi. When it arrived I set it up and it only seemed to register upto 55psi for some reason and the maximum setting for the low pressure alarm was only showing 29psi, not much use for a motorhome tyre pressure, I contacted the vendor and they refunded me the £21.79 but did not want the item back as it would have been more expensive to post it back to them. I have since ordered the Tyrepal from there website using this code, that someone kindly posted on here. CCCTYPL20. Not fitted it yet though but others on here highly recommend it.

Tyrepal annie great bit of kit worth every penny for around £80 with discounts.
Yes I need to get one as I checked my tyres yesterday ready for going off today one of my rear tyres was down to 45 should be 65 so maybe need to keep my eyes on them in case it’s a slow leak.

Tyrepal. No question. Does what it is meant to, around £100 for 4 wheels. You can opt for 2 extra for a tag axle.

Yes I need to get one as I checked my tyres yesterday ready for going off today one of my rear tyres was down to 45 should be 65 so maybe need to keep my eyes on them in case it’s a slow leak.

A doddle to fit Annie, and the display can be easily moved about till you find the best position on your dash.

If you’re in the CCC Tyrepal discount code is. CCCTYPL20

This was from CCC members discounts a few minutes ago.

Cheers

H

We have Tyrepal kits on our car and motorhome. Wouldn’t be without them.
I’m sure all the kits available are made in China, but there are different levels of quality. You can buy the unbranded or weird name kits for a few pounds that are produced with cheap components, but Tyrepal seem to be at the higher quality end.

One tip Annie. I don’t use the securing nuts supplied. I had to remove an old system before fitting tyrepal. They are murder to get of. I just use a pair of grippers to tighten them. But that’s just my experience.

Tyrepal is good and I have used them.

This is what I would check before buying any system ...
  • Does it read high enough pressures? - many are car only and max out at 60PSI or less
  • Can you read the display? - some displays are tiny! if you need reading glasses but have to take them off for driving, can you read the small numbers?
  • Have they got replaceable batteries on the sensors? if not, can be a very short-lived system!
  • Have you a place to plug in the display? - many now have rechargable batteries via a little solar panel (like a garden solar light). Those are very handy :)

The present TyrePal system does not have the locking nuts, does have replaceable cells in the sensors, and is solar charged.

Last edited:
TyrePal is worth the money and the only one I would recommend for a motorhome
I have TyrePal on the van and a cheaper Dunlop system on the cars, both have the solar charger and clear display but the Dunlop one has a maximum pressure of 60psi.

The present TyrePal system does not having the locking nuts, does have replaceable cells in the sensors, and is solar charged.

Just sent off to them asking about the Solar 6 (we have a Hobby 750) because it is not in the product list.

Cheers

H

I Fitted my ebay set at the weekend. Lots of beeping and the instructions were too small to read. The bits I could make out said to take a 30 minute drive to pair the senders and initialise them. I took a nice long drive up the motorway to keep the speed above 30 for a reasonable length of time and returned home 45 minutes later with my ears ringing from the constant beeping. The best idea I could come up with was to switch everything off, have a beer and scour youtube. The next morning, thoroughly educated, I went out again and switched everything on. Still loads of beeping so I adjusted the high and low pressure settings. Still beep beep beep and very low pressures shown so I went and sprayed the widgets with soapy water. Two of the caps were leaking and the tyres had gone down and the other two were just reading the wrong pressures. Time to invest in a Tyrepal set I think. I should know by now buy cheap buy twice.

Just had a similar problem with my ebay 'Dunlop' set - I was just about to get one of my tyres re-fitted due to a slow leak, shown by the TPMS - but its seems its actually the little sensor that is leaking. Think I will just go back to manually checking tyres before every journey.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back