Travelling from Scotland to France

I managed to download my proof of vaccination with qr code yesterday, all went smoothly. At the moment not planning to use it but at least it’s there if needed. A word of caution though as it may not work in some European countries apparently Link
Hopefully we will get our French Government certificate of equivalence before too long - then we won't need it 😂

Reactions: 2cv
Downloaded my NHS Scotland Cert today just in case needed it when going out and about in England in next few weeks .... I found the NHS App does not recognise the Codes :(
I can understand other countries Apps not recognising it, but a bit poor a UK App not doing so? I found the French 'TousAntiCovid' recognised the codes just fine though and brought up all the right details (y)

First time said anything positive about the French for a long time! :p

Good plan. We’re doing the same tonight in Cambridge.
Excellent early meal at St Margaret's Bay. Good overnight stop, and mid morning ferry tomorrow. Will keep you all posted regarding what goes well, and what doesn't! IMG_20210905_181216_028.jpg

Weather looks great down there - just started raining up here. Did you and/or Angus have chips by any chance?!! Enjoy your trip and hope everything goes well.

Weather looks great down there - just started raining up here. Did you and/or Angus have chips by any chance?!! Enjoy your trip and hope everything goes well.
As it happens, no! Although Angus had some on Sunday as well! Weather warm, sunny and just what we want of a holiday in France!

We're in the south of France, having crossed from Scotland then Dover last Wednesday. All very straightforward. French border control is on the Dover side. Chap looked at out paper vax certificates + passports, didn't want to see the Attestations (declarations we had no symptoms). And that was that.

To clarify, the recently made available NHS Scotland QR codes are not valid in France simply because they contain nothing except you name and DoB. EU/French ones are a single QR which contains that plus details of both vaccinations. However we've had no problem at the three sites we've stayed at - they were quite happy with the paper certificates - and we've yet to be asked to show anything in a cafe.

We're in the south of France, having crossed from Scotland then Dover last Wednesday. All very straightforward. French border control is on the Dover side. Chap looked at out paper vax certificates + passports, didn't want to see the Attestations (declarations we had no symptoms). And that was that.

To clarify, the recently made available NHS Scotland QR codes are not valid in France simply because they contain nothing except you name and DoB. EU/French ones are a single QR which contains that plus details of both vaccinations. However we've had no problem at the three sites we've stayed at - they were quite happy with the paper certificates - and we've yet to be asked to show anything in a cafe.
We crossed today and had similar experience at French Border Control! In fact, because the port was SOOOO quiet, it took far less time than usual to get throught he border control/check in etc! Have yet to experience cafes, restaurants and shops so keeping the fingers crossed!

Arrived at Dover today and literally sailed through customs and onto an earlier ferry. The French Official couldn’t have been more indifferent and wouldn’t have even checked our Vaccine Status if Christine hadn thrust our letters in front of him. In Calais I don’t think we’ve ever passed through more quickly. No delay whatsoever. The ferry was very quiet but quite a lot of Motorhomes.

Arrived at Dover today and literally sailed through customs and onto an earlier ferry. The French Official couldn’t have been more indifferent and wouldn’t have even checked our Vaccine Status if Christine hadn thrust our letters in front of him. In Calais I don’t think we’ve ever passed through more quickly. No delay whatsoever. The ferry was very quiet but quite a lot of Motorhomes.
We were the only van on our ferry - and we haven't seen another British one since!! Now on big Aire at Le Crotoy. There must be over 50 vans, here. Mostly French, a number of Belgian, one or two Germans, no Dutch, and us!

When you are in Sunny Thailand in December, think of us poor souls in Scotland trying to get 30 minutes of daylight on out Solar Panels :(
I will indeed (in between laughing)
For now...it is likely we will suffer like you as we will not fly until the 2 week hotel quarantine is abolished.
Not planned for 01 Oct
Hoping fot 01 Nov
But maybe even later.
Fortunately visa issues are suitably flexible !

I will indeed (in between laughing)
For now...it is likely we will suffer like you as we will not fly until the 2 week hotel quarantine is abolished.
Not planned for 01 Oct
Hoping fot 01 Nov
But maybe even later.
Fortunately visa issues are suitably flexible !
By that time, you might be able to get a trip down into Europe for some Winter Sun without all the testing stuff possibly?

By that time, you might be able to get a trip down into Europe for some Winter Sun without all the testing stuff possibly?
Yes 2 months or so in Spain & Portugal is under consideration for Dec/Jan/Feb.
We plan to have the water ingress repaired in November.
With a house sit organised.
Wait and see 4now

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back