Travelling from Scotland to France

magbrin

Having read the recent threads regarding travel to France some of my questions have been answered. However, I would like to hear from anyone who has travelled to France from Scotland, recently. Our NHS Scotland covid vaccination certifaicates are not accepted by the French authorities, so we have applied for Certificates of Equivalence from the French Government, which have not yet arrived. Did you get one, how long did it take to arrive/or how close to date of travel did it arrive? We are also waiting patiently for our GHICs, which were ordered about 3 weeks ago.

We are hoping to cross next Monday, from Dover, and back from Amsterdam in mid-October, although our crossings can be change to any time up to September 2022 - and have already been changed twice. Foolhardy, maybe, but if we can go and things remain as they are we reckon we could be safer there than here!

Any other tips or warnings from Scots in France would be welcome.

We too have decided to curtail our overseas travel for now. Europe would be a nightmare with only our print out to prove vaccination and even the US when they open up will require a digital proof of vaccination. Next year we plan to be based in England and hopefully will be able to get digital validation.

Hi Margaret/ Angus

Just to let people from Scotland know that as from 27th August, you apply for the Certificate of Equivalence through a web link.

Since August 27, the requests for QR code are made online.

For foreign nationals, except students: https://www.demarches-simplifiees.fr/commencer/passe-sanitaire-etrangers

For foreign students: : https://www.demarches-simplifiees.fr/commencer/passe-sanitaire-etudiants

By. Coincidence we too are booked on ferry from Dover on Monday. We waited till the last minute so couldn’t apply for the French Certificate of Equivalence until then. After much faffing about getting all the relevant docs scanned and pulled together into an email I got an automated response saying sorry mate, procedure has changed.

must say it’s more straightforward, but as I have yet to get a response, no dea if I have done it correctly!

Hi Margaret/ Angus

Just to let people from Scotland know that as from 27th August, you apply for the Certificate of Equivalence through a web link.

Since August 27, the requests for QR code are made online.

For foreign nationals, except students: https://www.demarches-simplifiees.fr/commencer/passe-sanitaire-etrangers

For foreign students: : https://www.demarches-simplifiees.fr/commencer/passe-sanitaire-etudiants

By. Coincidence we too are booked on ferry from Dover on Monday. We waited till the last minute so couldn’t apply for the French Certificate of Equivalence until then. After much faffing about getting all the relevant docs scanned and pulled together into an email I got an automated response saying sorry mate, procedure has changed.

must say it’s more straightforward, but as I have yet to get a response, no dea if I have done it correctly!
Hi, 5andy
Aha ........... we applied before 27th. Both have had automated responses but they're not the same! But no sign of QR code:( Think we'll give it another go, online.
If all else fails, Tonybvi told us the other day that you can buy them online :unsure:, or more likely we can get a test when we arrive and the result lasts 3 days - by which time surely something will have arrived otherwise we will be testing every three days for 5 weeks!!!

Margaret, something else I just thought about. Can’t remember if your Crafter is over 3.5t or not but if it is I read somewhere about needing blind spot (angles morts) stickers plastered all over the van for France.

Yes,
Margaret, something else I just thought about. Can’t remember if your Crafter is over 3.5t or not but if it is I read somewhere about needing blind spot (angles morts) stickers plastered all over the van for France.
But I think you have till 1st Jan 2022 to display them ?

Thanks, Tony, I too had read this, but we are under 3.5t (just!!)

So long since I have posted here, struggling to work the quotes:unsure: Think it has changed since I was last in a conversation!

HOT NEWS for anyone vaccinated in Scotland and travelling to Europe:

Sent: 01 September 2021 16:16
To: angusbrin@outlook.com
Subject: (Case Ref: KF12772)

Dear Angus, thank you again for your recent correspondence.

In light of that, and following the First Minister’s announcement today (1 September 2021), from Friday 3 September those who are vaccinated will be able to download a PDF copy of their vaccination certificate, with a personalised QR code. This can be printed off or stored on your mobile phone, and can be used both domestically and internationally.

This is an interim measure until the launch of the vaccination certificate app, which has been designed to meet EU standards for travel, and will be launched at the end of September.

The First Ministers statement can be watched in full at: Meeting of the Parliament | Scottish Parliament TV and I understand more information is being added to the Scottish Government website (www.gov.scot) over the coming days.

I hope this information is useful to you.

Kind regards,

Kate

Kate Forbes MSP
Skye, Lochaber and Badenoch

Just in the nick of time for you both! I suspect Kate had been holding back this reply until the official announcement was made today. FM questions is worth watching today to hear the chicken in Douglas Ross’s house!
Tony

At the risk of sounding negative, my concern is that the QR code will only accesses the same info which is in the health status form we have already and can be ‘used……..internationally‘. ie to prove double vaccination, state which vaccine used, dates etc, and get into countries. I just have a gut feeling that this is not the equivalent of the QR code which the French expect to access pubs, restaurant’s, etc. Obviously I hope I’m wrong.

At the risk of sounding negative, my concern is that the QR code will only accesses the same info which is in the health status form we have already and can be ‘used……..internationally‘. ie to prove double vaccination, state which vaccine used, dates etc, and get into countries. I just have a gut feeling that this is not the equivalent of the QR code which the French expect to access pubs, restaurant’s, etc. Obviously I hope I’m wrong.

We managed to get our QR codes onto our phones the day before catching the ferry from Dublin to Cherbourg, they were only made available for Isle of Man residents then. The Manx government had previously issued us with paper proof of double jab, sounds similar to the Scottish one? When we arrived in Cherbourg they accepted the paper copies but we also showed them our QR codes (not that they really wanted to see them!).

We downloaded the Tous Anti Covid app from App Store (iPhones) when we got to France and using two phones or an iPad and a phone you can transfer your QR code to this French app. Once we had them we screen shot them for quick access and the only place we’ve been asked for them so far one stop in a camp site.

We‘ve seen a few places with signs outside saying you need the French QR code, but they weren’t enforcing it. Have to say that everyone seems to wear masks in shops or anywhere inside which is good to see.

I’ve made this sound complicated but it really isn’t.

Hopefully, we will have belt and braces - Equivalence certificate applied for twice - online and by email, and have paper copies of vaccination certificate, hopefully, when we can apply tomorrow, will get Scottish QR code. More good news, too, listening to Radio Scotland early this morning, France really does seem to be low in case numbers, and getting back to some sort of normal. I am beginning to believe that we really will be safer there than here:love::love:

Just downloaded our new QR codes on the vaccination confirmation letter, took about ten seconds, we then downloaded the french covid pass and installed our QR codes on it. Overall it took about five minutes with no problems at all

Glad I didn’t promise to eat my hat or I would be munching away right now. App downloaded and wallet filled *2. I even feel optimistic it will work!!! We arrived Yesterday at the Lochore Meet, Zooming down to Cambridge on Sunday then Ferry Monday late morning.⛴️🚢🙂 Have a great trip guys.

Safe and enjoyable travels to those lucky enough to be able to get away right now. i must admit to feeling a little bit (or actually rather a lot) envious!

I managed to download my proof of vaccination with qr code yesterday, all went smoothly. At the moment not planning to use it but at least it’s there if needed. A word of caution though as it may not work in some European countries apparently Link

I managed to download my proof of vaccination with qr code yesterday, all went smoothly. At the moment not planning to use it but at least it’s there if needed. A word of caution though as it may not work in some European countries apparently Link
Yeh. There was someone talking on Radio Scotland who was in France and had downloaded the qr code and found it didn’t work for a restaurant he tried to get into.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back