Travel to the EU after January 1st

Strange things happen. Dustbin lorry crashing in to crowd comes to mind. Bet the people he hit now wish they had stayed in.

Strange things happen. Dustbin lorry crashing in to crowd comes to mind. Bet the people he hit now wish they had stayed in.
You stay in, fall asleep while the chip pan is on the stove, the house burns down and all those firefighters, paramedics and neighbours who rush to help are exposed to the virus you are carrying. Bloody selfish of you, don't you think? :)

Or then again someone sets off for “exercise” on a paddle board, gets into trouble and the lifeboat rescues them. The casualty is found to be C19 positive even though a symptomatic resulting in a good proportion of the volunteer crew having to self isolate for ten days. Never confuse genuine accidents with selfish acts. the quotes of bin lorries and chip pans are not the same as doing something you do not need to do, they are accidents which are a part of normal activity. And if you see my title then yes the above actual.

Or then again someone sets off for “exercise” on a paddle board, gets into trouble and the lifeboat rescues them. The casualty is found to be C19 positive even though a symptomatic resulting in a good proportion of the volunteer crew having to self isolate for ten days. Never confuse genuine accidents with selfish acts. the quotes of bin lorries and chip pans are not the same as doing something you do not need to do, they are accidents which are a part of normal activity. And if you see my title then yes the above actual.
At this point the paddleboarder is being selfish. It can be quite a dangerous way to exercise. When John went to Spain it was totally legal, and much safer than paddleboarding. It arguably reduced the Uk infection possibilities. I am sure he sees his trip as "normal activity" and needed for his sanity.
if I go out for my local run which even now is totally legal and recommended to keep fit to reduce pressure on the NHS. I too just might need rescuing. The chances are small and a tiny increase in one risk is a price worth paying for a clear improvement in other risks.
The issue is what do you need to do? The main rule to decide that is act within the law, and balance the risks to society in general. In my opinion your paddleboarder did not and John and I did balance the risks.
By the way congratulations on having an interesting job.

At this point the paddleboarder is being selfish. It can be quite a dangerous way to exercise. When John went to Spain it was totally legal, and much safer than paddleboarding. It arguably reduced the Uk infection possibilities. I am sure he sees his trip as "normal activity" and needed for his sanity.
if I go out for my local run which even now is totally legal and recommended to keep fit to reduce pressure on the NHS. I too just might need rescuing. The chances are small and a tiny increase in one risk is a price worth paying for a clear improvement in other risks.
The issue is what do you need to do? The main rule to decide that is act within the law, and balance the risks to society in general. In my opinion your paddleboarder did not and John and I did balance the risks.
By the way congratulations on having an interesting job.
Agree, by the way now retired but still associated, you never really leave. It is the spurious examples which annoy me, jigsaws, tiddlywinks? Come on to use extreme examples to prove a point normally proves you do not have a point. Stay within the law, only do something if it is within the law and necessary. Talking to an ex colleague who is a paramedic, absolutely at the end of his tether with the actions of some. His take On the situation was that while you have people who as soon as a rule is brought out look for a way around it then the virus willl keep killing people. The virus dies of loneliness.

I think you'll find that those spurious examples were deliberately used to show the pointlessness of taking an argument to extremes - that is certainly what I was doing with my chip-pan intervention. :)
Similarly I don't anticipate many bricking up their doors😁

I imagine most people on here are sensible and not looking for ways to get around the rules. My comments were of course as always a bit of fun in these dark times and not meant to offend anyone. Not many of us are in the first flushes of youth so naturally most of us will be cautious anyway. I dont think us motorhomers are the problem. Whether we be hiding out in Spain in our vans or trying to puff up the hill on our push bikes for a bit of exercise. I doubt many of us would be daft enough to set out to sea on a paddle board right now.

We drive to local places for my wife to do a bit of walking and thats about it. Nothing much is different here really. The only thing we dont know is what the government defines as local as they wont tell us.

Does anyone know if my daily exercise of Tiddlywinks is allowed please? I am worried I could put my eye out or my Wifes and need to call an ambulance and this would be deemed a selfish activity by the social media Covid Police. What about Jigsaws? 😬
You are supposed to be kind and not make digs at mr brown who notably did some damage a while ago with a jig ( well something to do with woodwork anyway) 🖐;)

Hardly anyone is travelling in EU now, but new restrictions today in various countries. Link

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back