Travel Plans for 2023?

I'd be interested to hear your experiences/recommendations on that as we have it in kind to spend some time in the Moselle valley before heading down to Bavaria I think.
A few years ago, on maps.me I plotted a number of Stellplatz in pretty towns on the Moselle and on the Romantische Straße (which I think you might follow en route from the Moselle down to Bavaria - if my geography is right).

If you are interested, I can send you the file. I’m not sure if I can do it by pm though, I’ve sent files to people before and I’m pretty sure it had to be by email.

We stay in Sweden and visit places in southern Sweden during the spring and autumn. July is the holiday month in Sweden, then we usually stay at home. Crowded and expensive. Öland, Tosteberga, Brösarps Backar, Kåseberga with Ale Stenar, Söderåsen and Kalmar are places we will visit. Depending on how I recover, there could be a trip to my sister in Stockholm and a trip to my brother-in-law in Sala.

Hope so cos I’m on it! 😂
Sorry Andy I was wrong. I checked with Brittany Ferries and its the Plymouth to Santander run on the Pont Aven that doesn't start until late March.
So I am guessing that you are going from Portsmouth on either the Galacia or the Santona?
It says on the Brittany site that its a 2 day crossing. Is this correct?
I hope so as it would be great to be on the boat in a nice cabin for a couple of nights.
Please let me know as we fancy doing a trip to Spain in February :)

Got plenty of ideas, no plans as yet though.
Fancy German Moselle area again, park up then cycle, stopping in the towns for coffee on the way out, beer on the way back to van.
Abanteuer Allrad show in June is a must.
Trip that will need a bit of planning is to cross the Pyrenees west to east using all the off road tracks, if it happens this year there will be 3 vans, they can do the navigating, I'm on holiday.
If that doesn't happen, I'll be off to Corsica and Sardinia, coastline not as good as Croatia but it's good enough and not as busy.

All just ideas at moment, have to wait for butt cancer results end of Jan, then can plan.
Good luck. (y) 🤗

A few years ago, on maps.me I plotted a number of Stellplatz in pretty towns on the Moselle and on the Romantische Straße (which I think you might follow en route from the Moselle down to Bavaria - if my geography is right).

If you are interested, I can send you the file. I’m not sure if I can do it by pm though, I’ve sent files to people before and I’m pretty sure it had to be by email.

I just sent you a PM (y)

Currently in Australia, back in UK in March, sort out all the medical stuff and then probably a month April/May - North Devon, Welsh coast, Liverpool, back through the middle of Wales.

Summer in the UK doing short trips.

Two months in Europe Sept/Oct - not sure where yet,

December back to Australia.

We are off to Spain on the 14th Jan for a 50 night round trip.

The only other trip booked in is in April when we drive down to Sicily on a 46 night round trip.

Other outline ideas include Devon/Dorset in June time and Germany in September although nothing is booked yet. There will also be several trips up to Gloucestershire to visit family/friends.
Good morning and a Happy New Year.
I would be very interested in your route down to Sicily, have been looking at doing a trip there and have been looking at various routes, thanks for any information
Ken

As some may have read...Sweden and Norway for 88 days.
Drove to Puttgarden then ferry and bridge to Malmo.
North to Kiruna then Narvik.
South via the Fv17 to Trondheim.
Then south near the Swedish border.
To Fossbergom and the "Roof of Norway" to Sogndal.
Hardanger fjord to Kristiansand then ferry to Hirtsals.
Back to Calais and UK
To Malmo 9 days.
Sweden 30 days.
Norway 39 days.
Back to Uk 10 days.
Shuttle out 20th May or thereabouts !
And will you be having a divorce party on your return then :ROFLMAO:

Cornwall for a while in April, then Norway/Sweden a week or so behind jagmanx, though not booked it yet but looking at june/july/august.then Spain when the next available lump of up to 90 days allows.also got to fit in south west Scotland somewhere but middle of wales tomorrow.

Green with envy reading about your trips through Europe, and North Africa. :(
Never having even driven even a car in Europe to say I would be apprehensive would be an understatement. Plus my wife would not be comfortable. So sadly we decided years ago to limit ourselves to the U.K. and Ireland. :( I have driven in Florida, but the roads are so easy to drive on there.
And we don’t WC in England we only do so in Scotland, to dam busy down there , and never felt comfortable when we did it in the past.
So our big trip involves 10 CCC sites over a three week period in August. (I know how boring some will say).
We start off in Kendel, then Delamere forrest, Hereford, Salisbury, Minehead, Wolverly, Ebury Hill, Ravenglass, Jedburgh, and finally Dunbar.
Nine places we have never been to before, then finish up in one of our favourites Dunbar.

In April/May we will be heading up the west coast of Scotland wild camping mostly. We love getting up there before the wee buggers come out to play. (Midges)

We will visit other parts of Scotland during the year. Arran will be on the agenda at least once.

I hope you all have some great trips in 2023.

Very envious hearing about your trips, but very pleased for you too.
I did enjoy exploring England last year and different events have sabotaged any plan to go to Spain in spring.
I am enjoying planning folk festivals over the summer and autumn and want to get further north this year especially Whitby.
I can't camp in my basic van during cold weather so two weeks in Tenerife in March.

Where are you off to in the middle of Wales?
Rhayader to see parents.motorhome will be blocking the road outside their house for a few days.. not sure where after as its weather depending

Reactions: GMJ
Green with envy reading about your trips through Europe, and North Africa. :(
Never having even driven even a car in Europe to say I would be apprehensive would be an understatement. Plus my wife would not be comfortable. So sadly we decided years ago to limit ourselves to the U.K. and Ireland. :( I have driven in Florida, but the roads are so easy to drive on there.
And we don’t WC in England we only do so in Scotland, to dam busy down there , and never felt comfortable when we did it in the past.
So our big trip involves 10 CCC sites over a three week period in August. (I know how boring some will say).
We start off in Kendel, then Delamere forrest, Hereford, Salisbury, Minehead, Wolverly, Ebury Hill, Ravenglass, Jedburgh, and finally Dunbar.
Nine places we have never been to before, then finish up in one of our favourites Dunbar.

In April/May we will be heading up the west coast of Scotland wild camping mostly. We love getting up there before the wee buggers come out to play. (Midges)

We will visit other parts of Scotland during the year. Arran will be on the agenda at least once.

I hope you all have some great trips in 2023.
When in the UK the C&CC Temporary Holiday Sites (THSs) are a great way to get around. They are run by local volunteers who can give you info on places around. You don't have to take part in any activities if you don't fancy them. Information is on the "out & about" app and in the out & about suppliment to the magazine. Mostly off grid but some of them are on Full facility sites, such as Hendra Site in Cornwall, at a big discount to the normal site fee. It used to be just turn up but since Covid a lot need to be booked in advance. They are great value.

Wild Atlantic Way in the Spring for us, well, the northern half anyway. Postponed from 2020 due to 'you know what'.

We are off to Spain on the 14th Jan for a 50 night round trip.

The only other trip booked in is in April when we drive down to Sicily on a 46 night round trip.

Doesn't this exceed the 90 in 180 days Schengen rule?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back