Travel in EU

Have a look at the new Location App
Thanks for reply... I know where the sites/ Aires/ parking spots are from the app ...
I’m trying to find more about current welcome or otherwise... how receptive the sites/ other campers to us poor buggers with uk plates...?
Cheers

I have read quite a few reports in various places, including this website, from motorhome travellers in France.

All the reports have been positive. Fortunately their view is less blinkered.

I don't think you should be concerned though it's worth keeping an eye on the news about possible quarantine measures.

I am planning a trip to Brittany next month.

We are hoping to get away at the beginning of Sept.
We will be using Le Shuttle and will basically keep going until circumstances dictate otherwise.
If we have to come home, for whatever reason, then so be it.

We are in the ecrin french alps. Very hot, busy but apart from masks in shops and some closed facilities such as supermarket toilets, there are no problems, until governments intervene. We just keep away from others on the mountain paths, and everywhere we go.

I have read quite a few reports in various places, including this website, from motorhome travellers in France.

I don't think you should be concerned though it's worth keeping an eye on the news about possible quarantine measures.

Apparently there have been a few Covid clusters appearing in northern Brittany ( Cotes d’Armor) so just keep an eye on what’s happening. Otherwise, you will be very welcome on aires throughout France.

The 14 day cumulative number is creeping up in France and higher now than Portugal which has a quarantine requirement and advised against by FCO. Link

Still intending going over on 1st September but Gov.UK says French entry requirements from Uk includes a “Sworn Statement” This attached is available on the French Embassy website

D97B2433-457C-4867-B111-C3FAD4B657B5.jpeg

Still intending going over on 1st September but Gov.UK says French entry requirements from Uk includes a “Sworn Statement” This attached is View attachment 85744available on the French Embassy website
Interesting, was there any statement regarding repercussions for providing false information?

The way the French Consulate UK put it is "Some transport operators ask travellers to fill out and carry with them a sworn statement certifying that they do not have any symptoms of a COVID-19 infection." as far as I can see.

We travelled to the UK on 26th July and had to complete the UK quarantine type form before we travelled ( Eurotunnel said this had to be done) though we didn’t have to show it to anyone.
We got back to France last Tuesday ( Eurotunnel again) No forms required or asked for.

The way the French Consulate UK put it is "Some transport operators ask travellers to fill out and carry with them a sworn statement certifying that they do not have any symptoms of a COVID-19 infection." as far as I can see.

I get daily updates for France and Spain from Gov.uk as follows-

Daily update from GOV.UK.

France – travel advice
France travel advice

Change made
Revised entry requirements with travellers needing to self certify that they are not suffering coronavirus symptoms or have been in contact with a confirmed case within 14 days preceding travel. Revised list of other countries requiring an international travel certificate. Update on requirements for travel to French overseas territories (‘Entry requirements’ page)

Time updated
11:06pm, 21 August 2020

I get daily updates for France and Spain from Gov.uk as follows-

Daily update from GOV.UK.

France – travel advice
France travel advice

Change made
Revised entry requirements with travellers needing to self certify that they are not suffering coronavirus symptoms or have been in contact with a confirmed case within 14 days preceding travel. Revised list of other countries requiring an international travel certificate. Update on requirements for travel to French overseas territories (‘Entry requirements’ page)

Time updated
11:06pm, 21 August 2020
We came across monday on eurotunnel and not asked for any form.could not get us across fast enough.

As I mentioned in post #30, it’s fairly easy to see which countries will enter and exit quarantine requirements on return to UK. Link
Since that post quarantine is now required from France and no longer required from Portugal.

BGT180, Downloaded the form on Sunday. We are booked on tunnel 1st Sept too. Are you going as far as Spain? Have just looked at the requirements and filled in a FCS form to get a QR code. It is set up for flights though so not sure if we need it. Any thoughts?

BGT180, Downloaded the form on Sunday. We are booked on tunnel 1st Sept too. Are you going as far as Spain? Have just looked at the requirements and filled in a FCS form to get a QR code. It is set up for flights though so not sure if we need it. Any thoughts?

Hi, myvanwy I do intend going on to Spain as I’ve booked a flight back from Valencia on 29th Oct.!!!
Am hoping to store the motorhome there until January. I saw the form also but haven’t completed it, as you say, refers to flights. Spending a bit of time in France and will watch developments

A few internet sources popping up on Google now suggesting a French 14 day quarantine period is inbound.
Saw a report by French Minister that it was being discussed and a decision may be made shortly- whenever that is?

We are booked on the 12.36 crossing on 1st Sept, will possibly look out for you.

You will be 4 hours ahead of us. 16.30 our crossing. Good luck.(y)
Just sat doing route. Planning aire for 1st night at St Clair or Le Crotoy.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back