Towing out of the mud / wet grass

Yes, very handy, essential if you do tracks, even if just for comfort.

Not being too lazy to use it helps too. The only reason the green van got stuck in the sand was because I couldn't be bothered to air down tyres. I never learn :ROFLMAO:
Also I knew a winch was around.
Once down to 20psi that van flew over the dunes.
Still using a 20+ year old Viair, but one of these is on the wish list.

It would also help Barry get under those low bridges Mark. :)

Not being too lazy to use it helps too. The only reason the green van got stuck in the sand was because I couldn't be bothered to air down tyres. I never learn :ROFLMAO:

CKMTPxx.jpg

If only that couple who died in the Australian desert had carried one Mark. :cry:

CKMTPxx.jpg

I'm looking at a old fire exstingser for my air horns, as a pressure cylinder. But I seen a 4x4 with a tube bar as a rear bumper and air chamber. 150psi.

I'm looking at a old fire exstingser for my air horns, as a pressure cylinder. But I seen a 4x4 with a tube bar as a rear bumper and air chamber. 150psi.
The small gas cylinders that you get for MIG Welders would make a good small pressure vessel for air horns.

Make sure the tow vehicle stays in front in a straight line, a Portuguese tractor driver took a sharpish turn to get on the adjacent riadway and I now have a bent tow bar.

I'm going to Armitage Trailers a week on Monday for a rack fitting. I bet they will have loads but I might just order an 8ton one off eBay. Chances are I won't need it. I did get stuck on one cl last summer which is our first port of call when we first arrived but after a day or two when it dried out I got out with a bit of wiggling.
Better to have one and not need it rather than need it and not have one IMHO.

someone recommended a tow kit off ebay a couple of years ago which I bought, but I've only just remembered I have it, not sure where it is as it might have been for a previous van.

Back