TOMTOM POI Installation.

I'm just tried to do this, and failed. Then I found a section on the TomTom website which seems to say that POI files can't actually be imported with the Go Discover and Go Camper Max. Copied below from the website

"Adding POI files​

Note: This feature is not supported by TomTom GO Discover, GO Exclusive, GO Camper Max and GO Expert."

Here's the link:

Is there a way around this?

Yvonne

I'm just tried to do this, and failed. Then I found a section on the TomTom website which seems to say that POI files can't actually be imported with the Go Discover and Go Camper Max. Copied below from the website

"Adding POI files​

Note: This feature is not supported by TomTom GO Discover, GO Exclusive, GO Camper Max and GO Expert."

Here's the link:

Is there a way around this?

Yvonne
I haven`t looked into it but sadly i don`t think there, i went down the Garmin route and they load 3rd party POI`s like ours easily (y)

I haven`t looked into it but sadly i don`t think there, i went down the Garmin route and they load 3rd party POI`s like ours easily (y)
It's a real pain - my old TomTom loaded the files with no problem so I assumed the new one would do the same. I'm outside the return window for it so I'm stuck with it now. I'm going to email them but for now I'll just use the WildCamping app on my phone. Enjoy your Garmin!

It's a real pain - my old TomTom loaded the files with no problem so I assumed the new one would do the same. I'm outside the return window for it so I'm stuck with it now. I'm going to email them but for now I'll just use the WildCamping app on my phone. Enjoy your Garmin!
I was a TomTom fan right from the start when you could load them but then not being able to load 3rd party POI`s was no good to me.

I tried the cheap chinese sat navs which would load them but they went tits up after only 6 months or so, that`s when i went over to Garmin

I was a TomTom fan right from the start when you could load them but then not being able to load 3rd party POI`s was no good to me.

I tried the cheap chinese sat navs which would load them but they went tits up after only 6 months or so, that`s when i went over to Garmin
I'll definitely look at Garmin when this one needs replacing, unless TomTom change their mind!

I'll definitely look at Garmin when this one needs replacing, unless TomTom change their mind!
I have a TomTom GO Camper and have no problems loading WC POI, or any home made POI.
Done using TomTom MyDrive.
Maybe not accessible to all devices....

Roger

I have a TomTom GO Camper and have no problems loading WC POI, or any home made POI.
Done using TomTom MyDrive.
Maybe not accessible to all devices....

Roger
What year is your Go Camper? I have a Go Camper max, bought earlier this year. I logged into MyDrive on my laptop and found add POI, but it wouldn't transfer them to the SatNav. Is there something I missed? Hope so!

Yvonne

Yvonne
In TomTom MyDrive, Log In or Register.
Attach your TomTom with USB Cable
Click on MY PLACES (Location Icon with head & shoulders in it)
It will open with your Favourites showing.
Click on POI FILES
Click on IMPORT POI FILE
Click on Select File
Look for each POI file and load seperately - for example-
Load [Wild Camp.ov2]
Then [Tap.ov2]
Then [Pub Stop.ov2[
etc. etc. etc.

HTH

Roger

Yvonne
In TomTom MyDrive, Log In or Register.
Attach your TomTom with USB Cable
Click on MY PLACES (Location Icon with head & shoulders in it)
It will open with your Favourites showing.
Click on POI FILES
Click on IMPORT POI FILE
Click on Select File
Look for each POI file and load seperately - for example-
Load [Wild Camp.ov2]
Then [Tap.ov2]
Then [Pub Stop.ov2[
etc. etc. etc.

HTH

Roger
Thanks Roger - I'll give that a try again tomorrow. I've tried once but maybe my laptop and TomTom weren't talking to each other so I'll try again.

Yvonne

Thanks Roger - I'll give that a try again tomorrow. I've tried once but maybe my laptop and TomTom weren't talking to each other so I'll try again.

Yvonne
Just tried on two different laptops, without success. So I've emailed TomTom support, but I think it's just not possible on the new Go Camper Max. Really annoying! Otherwise it's a great SatNav.

Yvonne

Just tried on two different laptops, without success. So I've emailed TomTom support, but I think it's just not possible on the new Go Camper Max. Really annoying! Otherwise it's a great SatNav.

Yvonne
Had a reply from TomTom which confirms that it is not possible on the new Go Camper Max or Go Discover. Pain! I've asked if there are any plans to enable the facility in the future. I wonder what they will say....

Yvonne

Was the above link i gave in post #39 any good to you ?
Hi finally got answer from Tomtom the camper max is not compatible and you can not load POIs onto this model. I have had to buy another TomTom 1/3 price. bog standard one so I can put wild camping site POIs on the sat nav.

Yep - my old one was fine. Really annoying they dropped it. I'm just using the app on my phone.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back