Toll road categories

alcam

Travelled about 10 miles on Spanish toll road and went from category 3 to category 1 .
In France I appear to be , consistently , category 2
Both Spanish peages were manual .
Does the operator decide ?

All of France and the few we`ve done in Spain come up as category 2 when using our Bip&Go tag.

Our autotrail is 3.1m high on frence toll roads We are class 3 as over 3m
We press the help button every time and say to the nice French worker "mistake class 2 camping car" 2 out of 3 times we getaway with it and they change the fee to class 2, been doing it for years

No idea why I went from category 3 to category 1 in Spain then
Maybe faulty hight sensor ? .i think thats what they use to solve .Always worth challenging ,but I have also been told "mismo" (the same ) toll !

We wonder why Motorhomers have such a poor reputation amongst the wider public; and then read this Thread about pressing the button to say the system is wrong to classify you as Category 3, so 'you can get away with it'. That is fraud and in UK would constitute an offence under the Theft Act. I wonder if the same Members complain about immigrants at Calais trying to break into Vans to gain free passage or steal stuff?

If you don't want to pay Category 3, get a smaller bloody Van and act honestly

Steve

We wonder why Motorhomers have such a poor reputation amongst the wider public; and then read this Thread about pressing the button to say the system is wrong to classify you as Category 3, so 'you can get away with it'. That is fraud and in UK would constitute an offence under the Theft Act. I wonder if the same Members complain about immigrants at Calais trying to break into Vans to gain free passage or steal stuff?

Steve
I think under Spanish law ,motorhomes are classed as cat 2 so I am not trying to "get away with it " .If they did not want to charge class 2 they would not.
I have never complained about immigrants because I am one myself.

Steve
In fact, I have never had anyone reply to me ,sorry you are class 3 . Like I say sometimes they just say its the same fee , mainly around, Cartagena

Steve

Not a particularly good comparison at all, and thats being kind.

If you press the button, you are entering a negotiation. Completely up to staff on duty how they deal with it.

Getting your van broken into usually doesn’t include negotiation.

Anyway, if I were on duty, if you’re class 3 your paying class 3 fees, oh yes, and I’d be out to check ya papers if under 3 M but look like your over 3.5 tonnes too. I’d have the peage queue backed up to Calais in no time come holiday season. :p :LOL:

I think under Spanish law ,motorhomes are classed as cat 2 so I am not trying to "get away with it " .If they did not want to charge class 2 they would not.
I have never complained about immigrants because I am one myself.
I was merely commenting on the Thread as a whole, where there is at least one post that acknowledges that the Van, under French Autoroute Regs is Class 3, but if it is charged as such, they 'try it on' by pleading a mistake and 'get away' with Class 2. That is dishonest

Steve

I’ve been doing the same thing since I had my first motorhome and if i could find a way to pay nothing I’d use that too If you we’re behind me I’d say my mate behind is paying for us both 😜.It doesn’t make me a thief if anything in my world that makes me clever and I was actually told to do this by a French guy who had a van the same as ours he said nothing to do with weight or length it was to do with hight to distinguish trucks and heavy commercials apart from passenger vehicles and a motorhome is classed as a passenger vehicle.

I’ve been doing the same thing since I had my first motorhome and if i could find a way to pay nothing I’d use that too If you we’re behind me I’d say my mate behind is paying for us both 😜.It doesn’t make me a thief if anything in my world that makes me clever and I was actually told to do this by a French guy who had a van the same as ours he said nothing to do with weight or length it was to do with hight to distinguish trucks and heavy commercials apart from passenger vehicles and a motorhome is classed as a passenger vehicle.
Next time I see you just remind me and I will tell you how to get through for free

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back