Toilets in campervans - advice please

When we had an older T4 campervan it had a porta potti in a cupboard. You had to remember to get it out of the cupboard before you pulled the bed out & it just about fit at the end of the bed.

we have the Dometic that is shown in the "top 11" link. it fits in the cupboard under the sink in our Transit dayvan. like others have said... make sure you take it out before you set the bed up as it blocks access to the cupboard!

the non crude user review would be:
great for #1s, but you need A GOOD AIM with #2s to avoid them not flushing into the bottom tank.

lessons learned!

I can sell you these cheap.
AA284EB4-F0FA-49F8-B7BA-4041355C476E.jpeg
EE97F5B4-BE66-42BB-A164-39A211093160.jpeg

Spent ages looking for an affordable left hand Thetford when I did my build. Chosen because it fit just right where I wanted to put it, & no problems so far.

I squeezed a cassette toilet and shower tray at the back door

Attachments

• 6ECB2C23-2C63-43CE-8103-BFF96849BEEC.jpeg
    6ECB2C23-2C63-43CE-8103-BFF96849BEEC.jpeg
    502.4 KB · Views: 147
Very good!
Does the loo rotate 90 degrees?
I like the slide-out bench arrangement.
No it’s just a fixed (bog) standard cassette toilet I put it there so the Cassette can be taken straight out the rear doors for emptying without cutting holes in the van also it’s just a convenient place out of the way

whilst I have a toilet & shower in my van, I have a friend (American), who refuses to use it when visiting & wishing to make a solid deposit.
he instead insits on findind a large stone in the forrest & makes his deposit beneath it.
(foreigners have such odd notions).
for fluids I prefer a 2 pint plastic milk carton.....emptied responsibly.
I know of at least one female member who's happy to use a SheWee whilst using the same.

& as trevskoda points out......
only dirty people wash.

Thanks, that's useful advice about using a detergent spray. I did laugh at the McDonalds comment though - we tend to visit the Highlands and rural areas of Scotland - not a lot of McD's to be found there. :cool:

Are you sure are you really sure I thought in Scotland every other person would have the name McDonald?

whilst I have a toilet & shower in my van, I have a friend (American), who refuses to use it when visiting & wishing to make a solid deposit.
he instead insits on findind a large stone in the forrest & makes his deposit beneath it.
(foreigners have such odd notions).
for fluids I prefer a 2 pint plastic milk carton.....emptied responsibly.
I know of at least one female member who's happy to use a SheWee whilst using the same.

& as trevskoda points out......
only dirty people wash.
2 pints,you need to see the doctor.

Whe we bought our camper it had no proper toilet, just a wee low thing kept in a cupboard. A joiner friend removed the wardrobe and installed a small - but big enough - shower room. We got a Thetford Porta Potti (manual one) which sat on the shower tray (took up 2/3 of the tray space). Just lifted it out to have a shower. Liked it as it is the same height as the toilets in our house so no crouching with knees up beside chin lol.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back