Toilets and Water

Not the Middway truckstop mate. Nearer Chester than that. From Midway carry on towards chester on the A41 and it is roughly about 10 miles from Midway and 10 miles from Chester. There is a roundabout with signs leading off to the left and the place is a sort of picnic area with a t-bar there in the daytime. Pub is right next to it but not sure of name of it. Been nearly 20 years since I stopped there and that was in my truck. Sorry I can't be more specific.

billy1000 said:
Not the Middway truckstop mate. Nearer Chester than that. From Midway carry on towards chester on the A41 and it is roughly about 10 miles from Midway and 10 miles from Chester. There is a roundabout with signs leading off to the left and the place is a sort of picnic area with a t-bar there in the daytime. Pub is right next to it but not sure of name of it. Been nearly 20 years since I stopped there and that was in my truck. Sorry I can't be more specific.
yes i know where that is billy its a good place to stop a few wagons sleep over there its the broxton roundabout that you are talking about,coming from chester way you turn right at roundabout towards holt/wrexham ind est then immediately turn left although iv heard that the doggers go there,i only know this because when i was a coach driver we stopped here once in the day and found out from the local burger van....thats honestly how i know lol :D

Last edited:
billy1000 said:

Were off up to Broughton, NW on 17/18th March so will pass by, I will take note of pub name etc!

virgil said:
Sounds a lovely spot?!:confused:
it would have been perfect to stop there but as usual its been spoilt,its a shame ....:( i wouldnt be able to sleep here no way..:(

sammclouis said:
i wouldnt be able to sleep here no way..:(

Doesn't sound as though anyone sleeps there!;)
spidereekA.gif

Last edited:
This is the trouble with a lot of great places; the Pervos seem to have taken them over.
There was a really great place at Slapton and my M8 asked me about it. I told him it was OK. Anyway he drove in there with his van and had the Family on board as well... Seems it is now a well-known Dogging spot and there was a group of men etc etc All rather sickening really.

====

But to return to the water question: Do you filter the water when you get it from a garage or any other source for that matter? I'm talking about proper 3 or 4 stage filters now not the dopey Brita thingys

happybonzo said:
====
But to return to the water question: Do you filter the water when you get it from a garage or any other source for that matter? I'm talking about proper 3 or 4 stage filters now not the dopey Brita thingys
Nope but if i was geting it from a stream i would, seen to many dead sheep and other things up stream.:eek:

The reason that I ask is that last year I went to fill up in a French garage and was told to water was "non potable" It seemed to have a stonking pressure from the tap and generally French water standards are as good, if not better than the UK.
Fully agree on stream water though: The thought of Giardia is pretty grim

happybonzo said:
The reason that I ask is that last year I went to fill up in a French garage and was told to water was "non potable" It seemed to have a stonking pressure from the tap and generally French water standards are as good, if not better than the UK.
Fully agree on stream water though: The thought of Giardia is pretty grim

errrr.gif
<---Admits he had to Google Giardia

Don't worry, according to some of the magazines like TGO we may well become all too familiar with it

Water

A couple of places where it is possible to fill up with water
Killin in Scotland public toilets
Teviothead Scotland Picnic site
Mallaig Picnic site
yes I know that's three. I must have a few more I will look in my book
When we are in the wilds in Scotland we use water from the mountains

:eek: Hope there are no dead mountian goats or haggis upstream.
But seriously i used to take my water from a beck in the lake district untill i took a walk a few miles upstream two dead sheep.:(

Trevor said:
:eek: Hope there are no dead mountian goats or haggis upstream.
But seriously i used to take my water from a beck in the lake district untill i took a walk a few miles upstream two dead sheep.:(
might add to the flavour lol :rolleyes: ;)

sammclouis said:
yes i know where that is billy its a good place to stop a few wagons sleep over there its the broxton roundabout that you are talking about,coming from chester way you turn right at roundabout towards holt/wrexham ind est then immediately turn left although iv heard that the doggers go there,i only know this because when i was a coach driver we stopped here once in the day and found out from the local burger van....thats honestly how i know lol :D

I believe you Samm!!! Honestly!! Last time I was there was a lot of years ago and it seemed ok then. Nice and quiet with no hassle from anyone.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back