There's always a silver lining.

Lee

With the money saved by being in lockdown we decided to have a new patio.
But we rather be in Portugal though😁😎
20210302_112911.jpg

Looks good but almost on the damp course left of building, where they layed in sand/cement or just sand or gravel.

As observant as I am. I noticed none of the above. My concern is that there is often a reason for laying a patio. Is that why Lin Da is not in the picture?
Hammersmith flyover? Krays, Richardsons? There’s so many bodies under there. That’s the reason it’s always under repair. So keep an eye on any rippling. Decomposition = gases have to vent somewhere.
For my part of doing something, anything during lockdown 2.
Tilting solar panels, not finished.
Diesel heater, bought, but put in attic. Think Nik is going to take my credit card from me.
I’m so bored, don’t really know what to do with my self
Is this why I’ve almost always been a law abiding citizen. I didn’t do the crime, ‘ cos I could never do the time 😉

It's block paving layed on hardcore then sand, the damp course is above the blocks and it has a gravel gap between blocks and the wall.
Thanks for the concern.
Sand is no good, they should be layed on a 7/1 mix sand cement, if not they will move and sink with rain over time, damp course should be at least 6 in above any pavement to stop rain bounce or flooding.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back