There's always a silver lining.

I remember reading here about 50 new homes built up in Portstewart, heating and kitchens just fitted, workers back next day and all gone, strange as getting any work sorted with plumbers/kitchen fitters here takes weeks to do. 🤔

Getting so bored, I’ve bought a new road map of Sweden from EBay. I’m also getting fed up of staying home, being blamed for everything that goes on.
While typing the above, Millie has emptied a jar of Sudacream over the lounge. My fault...........? Of course 🤬

Sand is no good, they should be layed on a 7/1 mix sand cement, if not they will move and sink with rain over time, damp course should be at least 6 in above any pavement to stop rain bounce or flooding.
as a sometime floor layer and possibly the only member of this forum who has actually laid a section of granite cobblestone pavement [outside Len Deighton's house in Albufeira ] gritty sand is the favourite bedding

i’m from a village called mountsorrel huge quarries have produced pink granite rare in europe for centuries the builder i did my apprenticeship with used to use granite sett‘s of cobblestones as his trademark who laid them ! any apprentice who didn’t look busy enough 🙄

on the road just outside Monchique ,a man was sat under an umbrella with a hammer and some large granite blocks . 6 days a week he'd make a big pile of granite setts . i used to wonder at what stage in his career his wife stopped asking him how his day was

Getting so bored, I’ve bought a new road map of Sweden from EBay. I’m also getting fed up of staying home, being blamed for everything that goes on.
While typing the above, Millie has emptied a jar of Sudacream over the lounge. My fault...........? Of course 🤬
Tell her to stop playing sex cames with exotic creams. 😂
And there was me thinking Sudocrem was a Chinese martial art.😂😂😂😂😂😂

as a sometime floor layer and possibly the only member of this forum who has actually laid a section of granite cobblestone pavement [outside Len Deighton's house in Albufeira ] gritty sand is the favourite bedding
No wonder your joints are knackered, Nigel..
Did you kneel , knees together, feet splayed out ? Hour after hour, like the Portugese terrazzo layers do..?
Makes my eyes and nadgers ache to imagine it .

There is plenty of work for you up here Nigel.

North of Watford Gap the M1 is all cobbled. :D

i’m from a village called mountsorrel huge quarries have produced pink granite rare in europe for centuries the builder i did my apprenticeship with used to use granite sett‘s of cobblestones as his trademark who laid them ! any apprentice who didn’t look busy enough 🙄
We lived in Watling street, Mountsorrel when I was about four! Coincidence...

went st. peter’s school wailing st 57/60 left sorrel 88 my sons GF is a parish councillor went for socially distanced walk from the buttermarket up walling st the old conny club is a nursery school now st. peter’s is private dwellings as is the old classroom up the hill good memories running over the hills & the rocks & sillys

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back