Teleplus arial

The "Source" button enables selection of the signal source (aerial/DVD/HDMI/etc.)
You will likely need to use the "Menu" button, then perhaps select the "Channel" menu and "Auto Search".
If necessary, specify DTV (Digital) not Analogue, but I would tentatively recommend an auto search rather than a manual one.
If the TV is a NEVIR, you may be able to find the manual for your model at https://nevir.es/contacto-asistencia-tecnica/manuales/
The manuals generally appear to be trilingual, including English.

I will try to get a signal in the next few days but will have to wait until I have fitted the replacement starter I can then move the van from beside the high wall that may prevent me getting a signal. Thanks again everyone for your help and suggestions.
The aerial fitted to a motorhome will only receive an usable amount of signal if it has line of sight to the transmitter. If the wall is obstructing that line of sight you won't be able to tune in the TV.

As others have said take note of the signal polarisation which is either horizontal (used by the main transmitters such as Crystal Palace, Wenvoe, Winter Hill, Litchfield etc) or vertical (used by fill in or repeater transmitters that are much lower powered).

If you're near residential houses you should be able to spot which orientation is in use - for horizontal the crossbars in front of the reflector at the back end of the aerial will be horizontal; for vertical the crossbars will be vertical (surprisingly).

The direction of the transmitter should also be apparent. The aerial points like an arrow.

If you have an Android phone this app will be useful:

It uses your phone's GPS to determine where you are. If you choose map view it then displays on a map where it thinks the best transmitter for your location is situated.

The initial view uses your phone's compass to show you in which direction your aerial should be pointed, assuming your phone's compass is calibrated correctly. Note that on the second line of information at the top of the screen it tells you the compass bearing and the polarisation (Pol: H or V). Don't stand inside the vehicle to check this. The compass will be affected by the steel bodywork and chassis!

Thank you one and all.The t.v. Is a NEUIR and it does have a remote the only button that looks like it may help is marked source! The only reason for even trying to get it to work is the very long dark evenings when stuck in the van ,I can only take the dog for so many walks and it’s to dark to use my bike. And after a couple of hours reading my eyes get tired.
I will try to get a signal in the next few days but will have to wait until I have fitted the replacement starter I can then move the van from beside the high wall that may prevent me getting a signal. Thanks again everyone for your help and suggestions.
Hope u get it sorted soon. You may find that some areas close to the sea may be effected by the tide, eg, Minehead somerset high tide sometimes reduces the stations we can receive, wiping out a large numbers. But our aerial is a very basic Status omnidirection mushroom thingy at the mo.

Because of ongoing starter problems ( unable to locate one) this means I can’t move the van so will have to wait before going any further. But thanks for all your help ,living in Portugal it is not always easy to get parts when required.

We are headin from uk on the 4th and making our way to Spain Portugal border is there a starter in uk for your van we could bring over, sort of international pony express 🤣
Because of ongoing starter problems ( unable to locate one) this means I can’t move the van so will have to wait before going any further. But thanks for all your help ,living in Portugal it is not always easy to get parts when required.

We are headin from uk on the 4th and making our way to Spain Portugal border is there a starter in uk for your van we could bring over, sort of international pony express 🤣
That is such a kind offer but the problem seems different starters were used on this model so far have had three sent but all wrong so may have to try to get the old one reconditioned.But thanks again for your kindness.

Should have some numbers on the old starter! It’s easy enough to cross reference and get the correct one , a phone call to any good motor factors in uk with your numbers will give you a cross reference

Should have some numbers on the old starter! It’s easy enough to cross reference and get the correct one , a phone call to any good motor factors in uk with your numbers will give you a cross reference
Yes the old starter had numbers on originaly but with rust flaking paint etc we were unable to read enough to distinguish which part no and Portugal is not renouned for its effiency.

Well I finally managed to move the van to an open spot today and after a fight with the remote managed. To get the t.v. working ,after watching it for a short while I now remember why I havent bothered with one for the last thirty years.Not sure if Portuguese t.v is worse than U.k. but what a load of crap.
Thanks all you kind folk for telling me how to set it up ,but I will have to be very desperate to spend time watching it .Thanks again.

Hi everyone.
I realize most folk will think this strange but I have not had a t.v for the last thirty years,in the last six months I changed my van and it came with a t.v complete with a Teleplus arial ,just recently I have been trying to make sense of it ,have got set working but all the screen says is no signal obviously I have raised the pole fully and tried rotating it to different positions but to no avail ,the cable is plugged into the side of t.v. So my question are these arial any good and what may I be doing wrong.
Hi there,
It might be a good idea to remove the TV and try it in your house (or a friends house if you are living in your van) and connect it to your roof aerial. Then try tuning it with, what you know, is a strong signal. If it tunes then you know the problem is in the van. It may be the aerial, but van aerials are usually OK so you may have a faulty connection somewhere between the coax tv plug and the aerial itself. Check it all and, if possible, connect to another portable working TV from indoors and test signal strength. Again, if it won't tune, the aerial and leads are at fault. Good luck!

Hi there,
It might be a good idea to remove the TV and try it in your house (or a friends house if you are living in your van) and connect it to your roof aerial. Then try tuning it with, what you know, is a strong signal. If it tunes then you know the problem is in the van. It may be the aerial, but van aerials are usually OK so you may have a faulty connection somewhere between the coax tv plug and the aerial itself. Check it all and, if possible, connect to another portable working TV from indoors and test signal strength. Again, if it won't tune, the aerial and leads are at fault. Good luck!
Thanks for your reply but have now got it working.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back