Tank Blanket

Buckby

I have got hold of one of these today something else to fit but handy for winter looks straight forward to do

Attachments

• 5917EE96-B75F-4760-B7B8-FCBDC7D47942.jpeg
    5917EE96-B75F-4760-B7B8-FCBDC7D47942.jpeg
    367.6 KB · Views: 131
  • B626FDD0-B053-4F0B-9103-260858E7901A.jpeg
    B626FDD0-B053-4F0B-9103-260858E7901A.jpeg
    483.8 KB · Views: 131
Had a quick look on their website and couldn’t find any info regarding how much power they use.
They apparently are designed to keep the temp just above freezing, I would imagine they will quickly use up your batteries unless on ehu.
I travel up to the north of Scotland frequently over winter with inboard fresh water tank and insulated outside waste tank. To date in temps well below freezing never had a frozen waste tank or pipework and drain tap.

We usually are on hookup in winter so it wouldn’t be such a problem for us in winter we have been away before at Christmas but we have never had a frozen tank I I have seen a hosepipe hookup on a caravan spray water all over the caravan and froze up it looked like an iceberg
Had a quick look on their website and couldn’t find any info regarding how much power they use.
They apparently are designed to keep the temp just above freezing, I would imagine they will quickly use up your batteries unless on ehu.
I travel up to the north of Scotland frequently over winter with inboard fresh water tank and insulated outside waste tank. To date in temps well below freezing never had a frozen waste tank or pipework and drain tap.

5 amps you blind bu--er lol. 😂

5 amps you blind bu--er lol. 😂
lol

I used to have an external tank, and a 12v tank heater inside the tank. (Tank was also insulated). -5' was OK, -10 it struggled, -20 no chance. It wasn't the tank that froze it was the pipe from the tank going into the van.... That was heavily insulated, but static water for a few hours in -10 and that froze. We gave up trying at -10.

Inside tanks would be different.

So just be considering the whole picture, not just the tank

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back