Tank Blanket

Buckby

I have got hold of one of these today something else to fit but handy for winter looks straight forward to do

Attachments

• 5917EE96-B75F-4760-B7B8-FCBDC7D47942.jpeg
    5917EE96-B75F-4760-B7B8-FCBDC7D47942.jpeg
    367.6 KB · Views: 65
  • B626FDD0-B053-4F0B-9103-260858E7901A.jpeg
    B626FDD0-B053-4F0B-9103-260858E7901A.jpeg
    483.8 KB · Views: 65

Obanboy666

Had a quick look on their website and couldn’t find any info regarding how much power they use.
They apparently are designed to keep the temp just above freezing, I would imagine they will quickly use up your batteries unless on ehu.
I travel up to the north of Scotland frequently over winter with inboard fresh water tank and insulated outside waste tank. To date in temps well below freezing never had a frozen waste tank or pipework and drain tap.

Buckby

We usually are on hookup in winter so it wouldn’t be such a problem for us in winter we have been away before at Christmas but we have never had a frozen tank I I have seen a hosepipe hookup on a caravan spray water all over the caravan and froze up it looked like an iceberg
Had a quick look on their website and couldn’t find any info regarding how much power they use.
They apparently are designed to keep the temp just above freezing, I would imagine they will quickly use up your batteries unless on ehu.
I travel up to the north of Scotland frequently over winter with inboard fresh water tank and insulated outside waste tank. To date in temps well below freezing never had a frozen waste tank or pipework and drain tap.

trevskoda

5 amps you blind bu--er lol. 😂

activecampers

5 amps you blind bu--er lol. 😂
lol

I used to have an external tank, and a 12v tank heater inside the tank. (Tank was also insulated). -5' was OK, -10 it struggled, -20 no chance. It wasn't the tank that froze it was the pipe from the tank going into the van.... That was heavily insulated, but static water for a few hours in -10 and that froze. We gave up trying at -10.

Inside tanks would be different.

So just be considering the whole picture, not just the tank

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:160)

colinm, TeamRienza, mistericeman, number14, Robmac, DTF, Fazerloz, alcam, mark61, ian1950, AdriaTwin, Tookey, flav, MartinFife, myvanwy, NSY, mikejay, campervanannie, GreggBear, harrow, GeoffL, 1807truckman, wesaaron, Adria home, AllanD, saxonborg, Obanboy666, Martin P, Sambarob, RogerIvy, Monkeybrand, SquirrellCook, SimonM, Silver sprinter, Budgie, trevskoda, Lee, Admin, Chris356, pamjon, Bigredf, Herman, ricc, hmssnake, The laird, RichardHelen262, bartman, chrishunter, Makzine, BigAldo, groyne, Canalsman, watchthis, HurricaneSmith, JVG, tobym, maingate, Bigshug, Forresbroons, Greengrass, kevlakes, kensowerby, wildebus, jeanette, jimbad, fiona68, Peter Hislop, DorsetDrifter, vtwinner, jacquigem, iampatman, Heppy, caledonia, JU51MON, Haaamster, DnK, Phantom, denmar, rugbyken, Penny13, activecampers, buryanna, xsilvergs, Nabsim, aross, TJBi, britcoms, woodlandbear, Gadabout2, thecroquetkid, barge1914, winks, lthoel2, Mossystone, GMJ, flytim, molly 2, big tom, Disconik, ATwin, RoadTrek Boy, mike17, Poacher, silverweed, Fifer, Bouydog, DotArnot, wilfee, brucews, Wooie1958, tadpole58, V1nny, Steve and Julie, The Jacks, Moonraker 2, clarkpeacock, Costers, Shockingdog, peter palance, Gerry Attrick, belbri, Brockley, Calianbay, RV2MAX, Rod, REC, 1 Cup, SCRUMPY BOY, helmit, Sharon the Cat, Andys, brian c, gerrevelyn, Gerti58, BOTCANU, Ted, peejay, st3v3, cornish hymer, CliveW, Nowego, Red Dwarf, jann, ironman, Caz, smg, Snapster, Nidge, timatabsa, Chip, Petes, Buzzard, Bilw, Chris Evans001, Big Chief, Luckheart, Catchic, Tapfitter, Bounce, MrC,