Talkmobile or any other Vodafone networks??

I migrated two lines to Lebara PAYG and added two more for the teen daughters. I still pay less for four lines than I did to Vodafone for two lines. (I was, like you, a long time mug customer, and time was up for them). They called, they offered, but they couldn't get close. Lebara rides on Vodafone's network, so coverage should be fine.

I migrated two lines to Lebara PAYG and added two more for the teen daughters. I still pay less for four lines than I did to Vodafone for two lines. (I was, like you, a long time mug customer, and time was up for them). They called, they offered, but they couldn't get close. Lebara rides on Vodafone's network, so coverage should be fine.

Thanks

To be fair, I have always done pretty good with Vodafone and usually at contract renewal they buckle and offer me a really good deal. That may still happen if I start to request PAC Codes but the guy I got the other day was adamant that there wouldn't be anything else they could offer.

Did you have any problems getting the PAC codes or porting the numbers?

Vodafone have ramped my prices for both our phone contracts up somewhat and there are much better deals out there. Ive tried the usual "Im leaving" tactic but only got a 15% discount and its still a good bit more for less data than I can get with the others which are Talkmobile, Asda Mobile, Lebara and VOXI. Some have had problems moving from Vodafone and even had PAC codes refused and have been told you cant have one to move to another provider that uses the Vodafone network which apparently is a lie but some are advising to either move to VOXI who are owned by Vodafone and dont require a PAC or move to a PAYG with another none Vodafone provider first and then move to one of the above. Sounds a right carry on.

Anyone gone with any of the above and what was the experience like? I have been with Vodafone for 20 years and its the only game in town here but as they are no longer playing ball and there are better deals out there it might be time to move.
Been with Talkmobile since 2006 Barry, never a problem really and if I need to know something like I did yesterday when my new hhone had no data signal just dial 5888 and you are speaking to some one quickly.

Been with Talkmobile since 2006 Barry, never a problem really and if I need to know something like I did yesterday when my new hhone had no data signal just dial 5888 and you are speaking to some one quickly.

Good to know. Service levels I guess I would expect not to be as good but even Vodafone can be patchy unless you call the sales line or I am leaving you option in the morning.

As you say but nowhere is 100%.

With the BS Vodaphone keep telling us, we should all have our own personal mast by now.

P
Thanks

To be fair, I have always done pretty good with Vodafone and usually at contract renewal they buckle and offer me a really good deal. That may still happen if I start to request PAC Codes but the guy I got the other day was adamant that there wouldn't be anything else they could offer.

Did you have any problems getting the PAC codes or porting the numbers

Ha that worked, needed to add last two digits from my pin, but I have the pac number.

1713358407052.png

bought a PAYG SIM from Lebara, activated it with the new (temporary) number. Then went to Lebara’s port-in page on the internet to book a transfer day, quoting the PAC code and number to be ported from Vodafone. Reinsert the old Vodafone SIM card to the phone and use it until no service on transfer day. Swap the old SIM for the new, change a few settings (all of which is guided by Lebara). There’s a bit of fiddling about with swapping itty bitty SIMs in and out (x4 for me!) but it’s been plain sailing since.

bought a PAYG SIM from Lebara, activated it with the new (temporary) number. Then went to Lebara’s port-in page on the internet to book a transfer day, quoting the PAC code and number to be ported from Vodafone. Reinsert the old Vodafone SIM card to the phone and use it until no service on transfer day. Swap the old SIM for the new, change a few settings (all of which is guided by Lebara). There’s a bit of fiddling about with swapping itty bitty SIMs in and out (x4 for me!) but it’s been plain sailing since.

Thanks. Sounds a good experience.

One good thing with the newer Samsung galaxy phones, is that they take 2 sims. So I have 02 for calls and data near home, and spusu, which uses ee, for out and about data usage, where o2 seems to be very slow in comparison.

Because as I have explained in the thread its the only provider that works here. They haven't lied to me, as said I have heard from others online that they have been difficult with customers moving to other Vodafone providers.
I have talkmobile in my router, I pay £11.95/month for 120GB of data (also includes unlimited texts and calls but I obviously don't use them).

Regards,
Del

Last edited:
One good thing with the newer Samsung galaxy phones, is that they take 2 sims. So I have 02 for calls and data near home, and spusu, which uses ee, for out and about data usage, where o2 seems to be very slow in comparison.

Yep. Both our phones are Dual sim. I usually have an EE Sim in the second slot to cover all bases when travelling. Thats another one ill need to tackle as the one I have is old hat, hard to top up and expensive.

I have talkmobile in my router, I pay £11.95/month for 120GB of data (also includes unlimited texts and calls but I obviously don't use them).

Regards,
Del

Yep thanks. I saw that one. I think that would do for Mrs D. Ill need more than that or unlimited.

Wifi calling is very much dependent on what scripts the providers have written for what phones I think. Least that was the case with Vodafone. Never could get it to work but most people use Whatsapp now anyway.

Who were you moving to though? The issue has been moving from Vodafone to another Vodafone provider. All my contracts are out of contract now. BT landline (hopefully getting fibre in October with someone other than BT) and both our Vodafone contracts. I usually do alright negotiating with Vodafone but not so good this time. Will see what happens when I ask for the PAC Codes. Been with them 20 years.
Barry if you have a BT contract why not either go to bt mobile or EE.
EE have the best coverage in Scotland, and must be one of the best elsewhere.
But with a bt account you get double data, and the ability to gift data to others on your account. I have three SIM cards with them. My own, my wife’s, and a data sim for the router in the van. I get double data on my phone that’s 300 gb, and I gift 150 to the router, and 50 to my wife leaving me with 100 which I cannot use. Total cost £36 a month. If you are with Vodafone I think they lock their phones, so you may have to get them unlocked. 3 are even cheaper, but useless in remote areas up here, and completely useless on Arran.

Barry if you have a BT contract why not either go to bt mobile or EE.
EE have the best coverage in Scotland, and must be one of the best elsewhere.
But with a bt account you get double data, and the ability to gift data to others on your account. I have three SIM cards with them. My own, my wife’s, and a data sim for the router in the van. I get double data on my phone that’s 300 gb, and I gift 150 to the router, and 50 to my wife leaving me with 100 which I cannot use. Total cost £36 a month. If you are with Vodafone I think they lock their phones, so you may have to get them unlocked. 3 are even cheaper, but useless in remote areas up here, and completely useless on Arran.

As said Bill. Vodafone is the only provider that works here. I have a second EE Sim inserted for Scotland but my main sim under contract has to be Vodafone.

I'm dumping BT shortly anyway as they are unable to provide high speed fibre here and its being installed by GoFibre hopefully around October. If I can get both our mobiles sorted and with plenty of data I might as well dump BT now and save £40 a month and just use the mobile data until then as we will likely be away most of that time anyway.

As said Bill. Vodafone is the only provider that works here. I have a second EE Sim inserted for Scotland but my main sim under contract has to be Vodafone.

I'm dumping BT shortly anyway as they are unable to provide high speed fibre here and its being installed by GoFibre hopefully around October. If I can get both our mobiles sorted and with plenty of data I might as well dump BT now and save £40 a month and just use the mobile data until then as we will likely be away most of that time anyway.
That’s a shame Barry.
My BT contact finishes in November, but it can be re negotiated in August and I know someone who works at their call centre, and he reckons he will save me at least £20 a month. As you know EE works best up here, it’s just a shame that 3 have poor coverage, because they offer the best deals, and they don’t lock their phones, something that should be stopped.

I'd never use a provider that locked their phones, we've been SIM free for about 15 years.

Back