Talkmobile or any other Vodafone networks??

barryd

Vodafone have ramped my prices for both our phone contracts up somewhat and there are much better deals out there. Ive tried the usual "Im leaving" tactic but only got a 15% discount and its still a good bit more for less data than I can get with the others which are Talkmobile, Asda Mobile, Lebara and VOXI. Some have had problems moving from Vodafone and even had PAC codes refused and have been told you cant have one to move to another provider that uses the Vodafone network which apparently is a lie but some are advising to either move to VOXI who are owned by Vodafone and dont require a PAC or move to a PAYG with another none Vodafone provider first and then move to one of the above. Sounds a right carry on.

Anyone gone with any of the above and what was the experience like? I have been with Vodafone for 20 years and its the only game in town here but as they are no longer playing ball and there are better deals out there it might be time to move.

My wife has talkmobile and I have vodafone. The only difference is that my similiar contract is three times more expensive, and going up again!!

Lebara have problems with wifi calling on some phones, AFAIK doesn't work on any Pixel phones, some Sony, or some Nokia.

Can confirm that WiFi calling works fine on my Pixel 6 and my wife's Nokia G60, both using Lebara 👍
That's interesting, as it doesn't work on gf's Sony ,or her old Nokia 2.3, or my Pixel 6pro, after countless calls where they promised to get back and never did, I refused to hang up until they gave a answer, the answer was it doesn't work on those phones. I haven't checked lately to see if it is now working, I'll give it a go in a while.

My wife and I both have Motorola phones, although different models. Hers can WiFi call, mine can’t. I suspect it is down to age and spec of phone.

Davy

That's interesting, as it doesn't work on gf's Sony ,or her old Nokia 2.3, or my Pixel 6pro, after countless calls where they promised to get back and never did, I refused to hang up until they gave a answer, the answer was it doesn't work on those phones. I haven't checked lately to see if it is now working, I'll give it a go in a while.
I do remember that the Nokia G60 didn't work to start with, but I guess they must have updated something, as all is fine now. My Pixel 6 shows as connected to 'Vodafone' and has worked fine since I changed from GiffGaff to Lebara last year because GG still don't support WiFi calling and has become unusable at home since the demise of 3G locally.

Thanks for the replies. I never got wifi calling working on Vodafone anyway so thats no big loss although I have not revisited it for a while. We both have modern phones.

The main things I am bothered about is level of service and coverage and most importantly not losing my number or ending up without it for periods of time as there are reports of it being a bit of nightmare moving from Vodafone to another Vodafone provider.

I just asked Vodafone for a pac code. They sent it next day.. a few days later they phoned with another deal...better than the original offer..
Apparently they won't give one until your contract is out.

I just asked Vodafone for a pac code. They sent it next day.. a few days later they phoned with another deal...better than the original offer..
Apparently they won't give one until your contract is out.

Who were you moving to though? The issue has been moving from Vodafone to another Vodafone provider. All my contracts are out of contract now. BT landline (hopefully getting fibre in October with someone other than BT) and both our Vodafone contracts. I usually do alright negotiating with Vodafone but not so good this time. Will see what happens when I ask for the PAC Codes. Been with them 20 years.

My wife has O2 and pays £7.14 a month for unlimited data etc. if only I’d known at the time and got 2. My Tesco unlimited costs £20pm. (£5 off paid via clubcard)

I had been with Vodafone for well over 20 years till last year when the prices went up- considerably and they wouldn't do anything so I switched to Smarty for 60G data for £10 on the three Sims had no problems with the PAC from Vodafone but did keep getting calls from them wanting me to switch back to them had to get a little abusive and threaten to contract Ofcom without a complaint if they didn't stop.

Go to u switch type in EE sim only which will direct you to Lyca mobile .
Ive just got 30 g for £8.90 no contract first 3 months reduced to £3.90 .
All on EE .

Thanks but as said it has to be a Vodafone provider as no other providers work here where I live. Its a PIA as I would rather be on EE but it is what it is.

Who were you moving to though? The issue has been moving from Vodafone to another Vodafone provider. All my contracts are out of contract now. BT landline (hopefully getting fibre in October with someone other than BT) and both our Vodafone contracts. I usually do alright negotiating with Vodafone but not so good this time. Will see what happens when I ask for the PAC Codes. Been with them 20 years.
I did not tell them who I was moving to.
Had Vodafone for ever but their prices keep going up... a week or so after Sally says I fancy the new 24sg samsung phone and guess who had the best deal...yeh Vodafone so we are back with them...also have a data sim which is in the house as broadband of any sort except a very poor mobile signal .(we were going to air b&b the house ) gigaclear have fibre in the village but apparently we can't have it even though it passes our drive by the width of a single track road...

If I was thinking of switching, I would go with Tesco Mobile. They have roaming until 2025 at least, they don't increase the price of the contract either. We got contracts for our four grandsons at £10 a month and they have stayed the same.

If I was thinking of switching, I would go with Tesco Mobile. They have roaming until 2025 at least, they don't increase the price of the contract either. We got contracts for our four grandsons at £10 a month and they have stayed the same.

No good for me. As said, has to be on Vodafone. Tesco is O2.

No good for me. As said, has to be on Vodafone. Tesco is O2.
Why do you have to be with Vodafone? If a company was lying to me (as you have said Vodafone have to you) I'd bin them! Unless you have a very old phone, it should be unlocked to all networks, but even if not, the company it is locked to have to unlock it.

Why do you have to be with Vodafone? If a company was lying to me (as you have said Vodafone have to you) I'd bin them! Unless you have a very old phone, it should be unlocked to all networks, but even if not, the company it is locked to have to unlock it.

Because as I have explained in the thread its the only provider that works here. They haven't lied to me, as said I have heard from others online that they have been difficult with customers moving to other Vodafone providers.

• Hugs
Reactions: REC
Back