Talkmobile or any other Vodafone networks??

That’s a shame Barry.
My BT contact finishes in November, but it can be re negotiated in August and I know someone who works at their call centre, and he reckons he will save me at least £20 a month. As you know EE works best up here, it’s just a shame that 3 have poor coverage, because they offer the best deals, and they don’t lock their phones, something that should be stopped.

Both our contracts with BT and our two with Vodafone are out of contract now so I can cancel them all with no charge but its costing me more for all of them until I do. The only downside from dumping BT / EE is ill lose the free EE / BT Hotspots. Well assuming they cancel my login. Not usually that quick off the mark BT.

Wifi calling is very much dependent on what scripts the providers have written for what phones I think. Least that was the case with Vodafone. Never could get it to work but most people use Whatsapp now anyway.
Couple of years ago gf got a text from Lebara saying wifi calling had been enabled on her phone, we couldn't get it to work, on contacting them (several times) the excuses kept coming out blaming Vodafone and model of phone, one day was passing a Vodafone shop and called in, they kindly looked at it for me, they couldn't get it to work, but using a Vodafone sim it worked.
Lebara then said their system only worked on newer phones (at that time the phone was 1 year from release date!). After gf broke her phone we looked into a phone which was supposed to be complient, and she got a Sony, this also didn't work, all the old excuses came out, saying it was her phone and/or Vodafone, I pointed out both our phones worked on EE, niether worked on Lebara, eventually after googling the problem and seeing numerous complaints I called them and refused to hang up until I got an answer, it was then they admitted they where having problems with some makes of phone. It works now and gf is happy with the 100mins international, but I have serious doubts about the company.

Couple of years ago gf got a text from Lebara saying wifi calling had been enabled on her phone, we couldn't get it to work, on contacting them (several times) the excuses kept coming out blaming Vodafone and model of phone, one day was passing a Vodafone shop and called in, they kindly looked at it for me, they couldn't get it to work, but using a Vodafone sim it worked.
Lebara then said their system only worked on newer phones (at that time the phone was 1 year from release date!). After gf broke her phone we looked into a phone which was supposed to be complient, and she got a Sony, this also didn't work, all the old excuses came out, saying it was her phone and/or Vodafone, I pointed out both our phones worked on EE, niether worked on Lebara, eventually after googling the problem and seeing numerous complaints I called them and refused to hang up until I got an answer, it was then they admitted they where having problems with some makes of phone. It works now and gf is happy with the 100mins international, but I have serious doubts about the company.

I went down this rabbit hole with Vodafone a while back. Again a modern phone with the latest Android OS. There was a long running thread I started on the Vodafone community forum and various experts from Vodafone tried to help. Never did get it working but Vodafone did give me an extra 30gb of Data on my account as a gesture of goodwill :D. Its like I said I think they need to create the scripts for each device and sometimes they work sometimes they don't. I would imagine third party piggy backers are even less likely to have them and I don't suppose Vodafone will bend over backwards to help them. Wifi calling though as said for me at least is no biggy. It would be nice to have but I just use Whatsapp anyway which the entire world uses now.

That’s a shame Barry.
My BT contact finishes in November, but it can be re negotiated in August and I know someone who works at their call centre, and he reckons he will save me at least £20 a month. As you know EE works best up here, it’s just a shame that 3 have poor coverage, because they offer the best deals, and they don’t lock their phones, something that should be stopped.
You can get your phone unlocked once your contract has ended by calling the provider for an unlock code (y)

Regards,
Del

Back