taking the !!!!

We were there last w/end for a couple of nights , when we woke up on sunday morning and opened the blinds sat having our first cuppa a lady in a van parked near us came across and had a chat, she said that a council worker had told her that the guy that owns the camp site down the road ,Had been to the council and asked if he payed for and installed a height barrier at the start of the road leading to this car park would it be ok as its having an effect on is business and they yes cant see a problem , So it looks like its going anyway another spot gone then . ( By the way the camp site wants £43.00 a night for the pleasure of a field with elu water and toilet ) Not for me

This is hearsay - the site is actually £23 per unit with ehu for 2 adults and 2 children and don't have to worry about wild campers they are pretty much fully booked up most of the time.
Please don't disrespect someone trying to make a living.
Please don't print lies that you can't qualify, I have simply called them and asked them about pricing and asked them what they thought about the MHs parked around them.

Don't tar all campsites the same. These people live on the site in a static all season and then clear the site and go home for winter.

I have lived in Cleethorpes all my life, the people who run that site are the first people in all that time to make something of it, I have no idea who they are or where they come from but they work hard and don't deserve to be slated.

Don't prop your argument up by hearsay lies.

There is gate to the area concerned with a sign saying it will be locked from 9pm until 7am BUT it never gets locked.

Like I said fat controller Shaw will plotting the downfall of MHs parking within the borders of NELC

This is hearsay - the site is actually £23 per unit with ehu for 2 adults and 2 children and don't have to worry about wild campers they are pretty much fully booked up most of the time.
Please don't disrespect someone trying to make a living.
Please don't print lies that you can't qualify, I have simply called them and asked them about pricing and asked them what they thought about the MHs parked around them.

Don't tar all campsites the same. These people live on the site in a static all season and then clear the site and go home for winter.

I have lived in Cleethorpes all my life, the people who run that site are the first people in all that time to make something of it, I have no idea who they are or where they come from but they work hard and don't deserve to be slated.

Don't prop your argument up by hearsay lies.

There is gate to the area concerned with a sign saying it will be locked from 9pm until 7am BUT it never gets locked.

Like I said fat controller Shaw will plotting the downfall of MHs parking within the borders of NELC

Get off your high horse i was quoting what the women told me and had no reason not to believe her

As part of my work, I am in contact with a lot of sites who operate statics ( hence my interest in the Park Resorts thread!!)...It is naive to think that campsite owners (managers) dont feel they are missing out people wilding on their metaphoric doorstep....it narks them and their paying visitors.

The fact those paying visitors want clubhouses, pools and the other crap, gets lost very quickly in their argument.

It is to an extent beyond their comprehension that wilders wouldnt pay and stop on their sites in the first instance. ( how we dispell that perception answers on a postcard). Naturally one can extend the same argument to the various councils who it appears are making life more difficult by legally introducing parking restrictions physical and legal.

I have yet to find or see a registered charity number above a campsite office, these people will do what they can to "shift " wild camping off their doorstep.

For the pedantic, National Trust is a charity, but anyone that believes it is not run as a business is at best deluded.

Many through arrogance or innocent ignorance fail to understand arrive late, leave early ...and only tyre tracks...Sadly I get the impression that Wild Camping is quickly becoming a receeding pastime..A lot of "wilders " here bleat about toilets and grey facilities. we have them called campsites!! ....Wilding is about self sustainability.

Channa

These motor homers might not be on any forums or know the problems they are causing so why does no one who posts about it have a friendly word and tell them what they are doing wrong. I certainly wouldn't let it happen at my favourite locations. Spread the word.

What are they doing wrong. Are there signs that say don't park with a sea view. You seem to have a code of conduct that only applies to you. Why do you have to park between the lines. Why not take up four spaces. Where oh where are there rules that say you will not.

We parked sideways on at North Berwick. First time we parked there the guy who came into the space left by the car we parked next to was so close we could only open the door half way. Perhaps there should be a rule about parking to close or leaving a parking bay between MH's. We moved and went up the hill. Had a great BBQ meet another 'W' without a 'W' and had plenty of room.

Yes the Councils will get fed up of the freeloaders. The ones who leave rubbish behind and empty the black waste down the drains that exit onto the beach. Problem is that there are more of them and they breed faster than the responsible few. The drains bit happened at Southwold which is why you are not allowed to park near the beach. Huttoft happened because the Council provided the facilities and they were used and abused.

Bit of a RANT ..

What are they doing wrong. Are there signs that say don't park with a sea view. You seem to have a code of conduct that only applies to you. Why do you have to park between the lines. Why not take up four spaces. Where oh where are there rules that say you will not.

We parked sideways on at North Berwick. First time we parked there the guy who came into the space left by the car we parked next to was so close we could only open the door half way. Perhaps there should be a rule about parking to close or leaving a parking bay between MH's. We moved and went up the hill. Had a great BBQ meet another 'W' without a 'W' and had plenty of room.

Yes the Councils will get fed up of the freeloaders. The ones who leave rubbish behind and empty the black waste down the drains that exit onto the beach. Problem is that there are more of them and they breed faster than the responsible few. The drains bit happened at Southwold which is why you are not allowed to park near the beach. Huttoft happened because the Council provided the facilities and they were used and abused.

Bit of a RANT ..

You are having a laugh? thought provoking post ? ....if your first two paragraphs are truthful ..then no wonder this is a dying pastime.

I'm not on my high horse - just stating true facts NOT someone else's bu11shit and trying to damage someone's living.

Here was me thinking that wilding was about showing respect to your local environment and not pissing off the local people and councils , seems I may be wrong .

Go ahead and park in 4 bays no frickin wonder the poi list is decreasing .

But then again what do I know I've only been free camping for 3 months , I've read numerous posts , I even read my wild camping pamphlet , maybe that information was wrong ,:help.

:nothingtoadd:

i've got a big white camper parked outside my window blocking the view of my daughter's camper which is right in the way of my son's camper which completely hides his girlfriend's caravan which is ruining my view of the apple trees. something has to be done !

ok so you want us lot round to pick apples,on our way.

I'm not on my high horse - just stating true facts NOT someone else's bu11shit and trying to damage someone's living.
Ok, so you're quite happy to park up and pay £23/43 for just being there? Do you not have your electrics, or water, or toilet? You just want to pay for parking on a concrete lump!! Get real, we all have motorhomes so that we have the opportunity to have freedom to travel this country, enjoy the scenery, spend in the resorts, relax and move onto the next one!! If you buy a caravan, you expect to go to a campsite and pay for the facilities - hence, the difference in price!! I don't really think that a quote from another person, which by the way, was expressed by a council worker, would actually 'damage' someones living - let's be honest, they make enough money through the summer to close all winter - can you do that in your job!!

Get a grip you sanctimonious lot.

The enemy are the pie keys and site owners who canvass bent councillors…

Ok, so you're quite happy to park up and pay £23/43 for just being there? Do you not have your electrics, or water, or toilet? You just want to pay for parking on a concrete lump!! Get real, we all have motorhomes so that we have the opportunity to have freedom to travel this country, enjoy the scenery, spend in the resorts, relax and move onto the next one!! If you buy a caravan, you expect to go to a campsite and pay for the facilities - hence, the difference in price!! I don't really think that a quote from another person, which by the way, was expressed by a council worker, would actually 'damage' someones living - let's be honest, they make enough money through the summer to close all winter - can you do that in your job!!

Sorry but a very misguided perception, campsites are dictated to by local authorities when they open when they close.

A lot of the holiday site owners I know would love to open longer, ( one or two wouldnt) that way they could amortise their overheads over a longer period thus being able to reduce their tarriffs and increase occupancy.

Many sites are struggling, hence our friends at Park Resorts are very busy on the acquisition trail. Of course when a site does close over winter
they have no business rates electricity to pay, Also invest in facilities for the following season when no one is about ...they live free for 6 months ...get real !

Channa

Am I missing something?

Are you watching these other motor homers from the comfort of your own motor home parked exactly where they are?

noticed a couple of campers near me..been there four nights now...another couple turned up,and one was and parked broadside,,facing the sea.. know one of here I hope...
this is what ends decent places...
greedy or what..i never spend more than one night on these harder to find places..

back of pleasure island Cleethorpes..
the council is monitoring this place so,come on people don't spoil it for everyone...

Sorry but a very misguided perception, campsites are dictated to by local authorities when they open when they close.

A lot of the holiday site owners I know would love to open longer, ( one or two wouldnt) that way they could amortise their overheads over a longer period thus being able to reduce their tarriffs and increase occupancy.

Many sites are struggling, hence our friends at Park Resorts are very busy on the acquisition trail. Of course when a site does close over winter
they have no business rates electricity to pay, Also invest in facilities for the following season when no one is about ...they live free for 6 months ...get real !

Channa
I appreciate all of your concerns over campsite owners - however, do you not think that they could lay on a reduced fee for motorhomes, just so as to park up, don't need facilities, no clubs, no showers, just a spot to park with a facility to empty and top up!! They could make a few quid and we would be happy to pay for that service!! keep the winter blues away!!

I appreciate all of your concerns over campsite owners - however, do you not think that they could lay on a reduced fee for motorhomes, just so as to park up, don't need facilities, no clubs, no showers, just a spot to park with a facility to empty and top up!! They could make a few quid and we would be happy to pay for that service!! keep the winter blues away!!
That wasnt your original comment and that is what I was referring too.

Lots of sites offer a service facility, but it seems some want it free !...How you would accomodate a camper and deny shower access and entrance to other facilities seems more trouble than its worth.

Channa

Why should they lay on a reduced fee for wilders when they can sting all the tuggers for full whack ........ not good business

If it pays well then do it ... good business sense

The original post is about wild campers taking the p1ss - and guess what

They are

It's no wonder that councils are lumping Pikeys and MHs together.

My concern is that wild camping will become almost impossible.

Sorry, I don't quite follow that. A caravan has all of the facilities of a motorhome and they could also get away with a place to park up and empty and top up.

I always find it amusing when parking up at the beach or in a car park is described as 'wilding'.

Surely the definition of wild camping is just that, camping in the wild, with no bugger about to moan about us being there....

Just saying, like....

[And yes, i have parked at beaches and car parks meself] in the past...:p]

I suspect one of the reasons is they know only too well that a significant number would do their best to get the use of the facilities without paying the full price. Most of the camp sites I use have no means of restricting the use of some facilities from some users. On the other hand I do not believe it is right for some parts of the country to force campers of any type onto full facility sites at premium prices. Nor do I believe it is right for councils to refuse to provide day parking space for motorhomes.

Perhaps if councils used the law to deal with those who abuse free or low cost parking areas then the law abiding majority could have greater enjoyment.

Sorry, I don't quite follow that. A caravan has all of the facilities of a motorhome and they could also get away with a place to park up and empty and top up.

Not always true many continental vans need an ehu to get anything to work. My last Hobby didn't even have a battery when it left the factory

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back