taking the !!!!

byron

noticed a couple of campers near me..been there four nights now...another couple turned up,and one was and parked broadside,,facing the sea.. know one of here I hope...
this is what ends decent places...
greedy or what..i never spend more than one night on these harder to find places..

back of pleasure island Cleethorpes..
the council is monitoring this place so,come on people don't spoil it for everyone...

I would not have thought anyone that is a regular on this site would be culpable tbh
Only takes a small minority to spoil it for others :anyone:

noticed a couple of campers near me..been there four nights now...another couple turned up,and one was and parked broadside,,facing the sea.. know one of here I hope...
greedy or what..i never spend more than one night on these harder to find places..

the council is monitoring this place so,come on people don't spoil it for everyone...

I live in Cleethorpes, I have several friends who remind and tell me in intimate detail of every MH residing in this spot and others - like because I have MH so I am responsible for all actions of all other MH types.

I know that there is 6 wheeler and a white and burgundy Mercedes with antlers on the grill and a white van pretending to be MH.

I am asked how long they are staying, why don't they use campsite 200 metres away, do I know them.

As you say these are the tw4ts who spoil it for everyone else - the council fat controller will shut this down, I would not all surprised if Council Leader Chris Shaw is on the case as we speak.

I despair

yep,, the merc and six wheeler,,am away tmoz,but it would be interesting to see how much of the pxxxss these two take..perhaps be still there when I come back in a fortnight..
like you say mein furher shaw is watching this....

I have friends in high trees that might help

rpg_squirrel_by_jens1011-d5bk2mo.png

I live in Cleethorpes, I have several friends who remind and tell me in intimate detail of every MH residing in this spot and others - like because I have MH so I am responsible for all actions of all other MH types.

I know that there is 6 wheeler and a white and burgundy Mercedes with antlers on the grill and a white van pretending to be MH.

I am asked how long they are staying, why don't they use campsite 200 metres away, do I know them.

As you say these are the tw4ts who spoil it for everyone else - the council fat controller will shut this down, I would not all surprised if Council Leader Chris Shaw is on the case as we speak.

I despair
Had a similar experience last weekend whilst dropping down into Abereiddy as the car park came into view i realised i would be turning round as it was packed.
Window was down because it was a glorious day i pulled into a passing place to give way to an oncoming car as the car drove passed slowly i jokingly said to the angry looking red faced driver "nowhere to park then" his reply "There would be if it wasn't for one of your lot taking up 4 spaces!".
I was too relaxed to bite and upon turning round saw a motorhome parked at 90 degrees to all other vehicles with deck chairs and blankets spread out taking up probably 4 parking spaces.
I did have a good look at the people sat around the van and i didn't recognize a single one of them so, no he was mistaken, none of them were my relatives:cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Watched the news last night on Granada and they interviewed a couple in a camper think it was a vwt4 with its silverscreens on said he had been parked since Monday in what looked like a layby waiting for the tour de france as the camera panned out a big blue selfbuild vwlt35 was parked up in a picknick layby.

Mike

Theres been a MH parked up in my home town for some considerable time now and like you say, it's those who take the p*ss that get places shut down for the rest.

Going back to a recent comment I made about Scarborough sealife not long back, regarding a camper with a overhang causing issues, like many, that same camper parked up there on the Saturday evening too, but instead of overhanging or parking a row back, where the overhang wouldn't cause issues, they parked frontline, side on across 4 bays :/ obviously that sea view was important!

on a side note, when I arrived there, I meticulously parked my MH within the confines of the white lines inside a single bay (and paid for my parking which I observed many did not). And when I got out to check my positioning, a nice gentleman (in a Hymer MH) politely commented on my precision parking and asked why I'd bothered, stating "many just park where they like!"

....just because I may be one of many, doesn't mean I have to act like one of many though!

Is it not possible to name and shame posting Reg plate numbers on here?

Why doesn't someone take a 4 pack of beer and go have a chat with them. They might not know how much grief they are causing.

These motor homers might not be on any forums or know the problems they are causing so why does no one who posts about it have a friendly word and tell them what they are doing wrong. I certainly wouldn't let it happen at my favourite locations. Spread the word.

There's been an Auto Sleeper parked on my drive for at least 10 days without moving, If it's not moved by Sunday I'm going to have to do something about it.

John.

There's been an Auto Sleeper parked on my drive for at least 10 days without moving, If it's not moved by Sunday I'm going to have to do something about it.

John.

This seems to be a bit of an ongoing problem.... I have had a mh parked in my garden :scared: for almost three weeks! Now that is out of order! :p

i've got a big white camper parked outside my window blocking the view of my daughter's camper which is right in the way of my son's camper which completely hides his girlfriend's caravan which is ruining my view of the apple trees. something has to be done !

Sadly I dont think a lot of these people give a four x, A gentle chit chat is beyond their comprehension, that thick they see no harm.

I am no longer fulltiming, but when I was I would like to think I was aware of my surroundings and didnt encroach upon others.

When you full time that it is important, a lot of the bleating and miscreants are weekend warriors, and I get the impression if there was a blanket ban on wilding would choose a different "sport" where they would be equally inept. ( leaving a fucked up legacy for the rest of us ).

Sadly, the more I read here and elsewhere, the writing is on the wall for wildcamping, pretty similar to the trail ride fellowship who invest more effort on green lanes than any damage caused..it is a shame

Channa

i've got a big white camper parked outside my window blocking the view of my daughter's camper which is right in the way of my son's camper which completely hides his girlfriend's caravan which is ruining my view of the apple trees. something has to be done !
Its obvious move into the caravan

Couple of years ago I had words with 2 motorhomers, they were parked broadside over about 8 spaces. One wasn't happy as I told him as I was driving slowly past to park. After parking up he came over mouthing, so I told him that parking like that wasn't on and that we'd all suffer.
That was at Grannies Bay Lytham....and now we can't overnight there.

Allen

We were there last w/end for a couple of nights , when we woke up on sunday morning and opened the blinds sat having our first cuppa a lady in a van parked near us came across and had a chat, she said that a council worker had told her that the guy that owns the camp site down the road ,Had been to the council and asked if he payed for and installed a height barrier at the start of the road leading to this car park would it be ok as its having an effect on is business and they yes cant see a problem , So it looks like its going anyway another spot gone then . ( By the way the camp site wants £43.00 a night for the pleasure of a field with elu water and toilet ) Not for me

IF I saw something like that happening , I wouldn't be able to hold my tongue , I'm new to wilding and love the freedom , my problem is I'm never in one place long enough to witness the ball and bats that spoil ,

And for sure no-one would wish to spend more than a day in sunny Rochdale anyway,

It pisses me off that now I have found a hobby / lifestyle that I really enjoy there are pricks out there who don't give a flying F*** about the rest of the MH community.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back