Taking food into EU/France.

I refer the right honourable gentleman to my previous post. #28.

Also the only thing that has changed since I last visited france when it was ok to take food in, is the bureaucacy.
I only refered to post #1 not yours.

I have no idea what you are allowed.
Don't care either. Not a bad plan as the only thing the French wanted at the tunnel on the 1st Feb was...
passports please and is your gas off ?
Didn't even want the dogs.......

We were fully loaded ... all the things expensive or hard to get in Crete. Unpacking today, think i counted 9 tins of coconut milk and 4 of corned beef. Obviously won't cook those together!
No checks at all.
Crete? - How was the journey? Had considered this option, thinking Italy was a pain or Covid registrations opting to go to Spain, BUT you might persuade me otherwise. What temp is it? Any Sun?
What route?

Crete? - How was the journey? Had considered this option, thinking Italy was a pain or Covid registrations opting to go to Spain, BUT you might persuade me otherwise. What temp is it? Any Sun?
What route?

This time we drove via Antibes to see James daughter. But normally we drive free roads through belguim and Luxembourg. Basle pay for annual vignette or 10 days for >3.5 ton. Gotthard Tunnel free but avoid peak times due to trucks. Italian paying motorways down to Ancona. At the moment Italy no requirement for a test if transit under 36 hrs. Just download the EU plf, which we've never had to show.
How long ... depends on how long you want to take. As we've dogs to walk, we would normally stop 2-3 nights. Although I've driven a car in under 24 hrs. Ancona ferry leaves evening. We pay for a pet friendly cabin. With the crossings, getting to Greece ain't cheap. But living costs cheap once here.
Not as warm as the spanish Costas but rarely non stop rain for days. We are on Crete which is windy but have done a winter in the peloponnese. There is snow on the hills.
We love it!

Pix of route and snow and sunset from our 7

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220212-095251_Polarsteps.jpg
    Screenshot_20220212-095251_Polarsteps.jpg
    274.9 KB · Views: 79
  • Screenshot_20220212-100842_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20220212-100842_Photos.jpg
    432.1 KB · Views: 79
This time we drove via Antibes to see James daughter. But normally we drive free roads through belguim and Luxembourg. Basle pay for annual vignette or 10 days for >3.5 ton. Gotthard Tunnel free but avoid peak times due to trucks. Italian paying motorways down to Ancona. At the moment Italy no requirement for a test if transit under 36 hrs. Just download the EU plf, which we've never had to show.
How long ... depends on how long you want to take. As we've dogs to walk, we would normally stop 2-3 nights. Although I've driven a car in under 24 hrs. Ancona ferry leaves evening. We pay for a pet friendly cabin. With the crossings, getting to Greece ain't cheap. But living costs cheap once here.
Not as warm as the spanish Costas but rarely non stop rain for days. We are on Crete which is windy but have done a winter in the peloponnese. There is snow on the hills.
We love it!

Pix of route and snow and sunset from our 7
Wonderful, thanks for response, Italy for us was the plan, we have a young Sicilian friend who is at Uni in Pisa, so to see him and G/F, then down to his parents in Sicily.
For us Crete has a mother of another friend who we have never met and would like to see her. He currently is in London lecturing.

Have today got all ducks in row for travel to Dieppe tomorrow, where do we go = left or right? May see you in Crete, as cannot get to Morocco.

Wonderful, thanks for response, Italy for us was the plan, we have a young Sicilian friend who is at Uni in Pisa, so to see him and G/F, then down to his parents in Sicily.
For us Crete has a mother of another friend who we have never met and would like to see her. He currently is in London lecturing.

Have today got all ducks in row for travel to Dieppe tomorrow, where do we go = left or right? May see you in Crete, as cannot get to Morocco.
Loved Sicily ... spent 3 months there about 5 years ago. If you do make it to Crete, do shout. Enjoy your trip.

Loved Sicily ... spent 3 months there about 5 years ago. If you do make it to Crete, do shout. Enjoy your trip.
We have got as far as Limoges, across country. just about recovered from retched night on ferry. DFDS- waste of time booking a cabin, every 20 mins for 2 hrs were announcements, had to get up to cool legs, bad bed sheets caused skin reaction. About to have porridge, yummy.
Probably seek Barcelona to watch F1 testing, as last time we tried, arrived the wrong week.

Now in Spain, at Hill Castle Town of Morella. Parked up in the town. A few others here also, some gone to the aire outside town. Met a nice man called Gareth, driving an army land rover on way to sort father's property down in S. SPAIN. Have encouraged him to seek registration with wildcamping.
A balmy 20 degrees, with a chill in the air as the sun goes down

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back