Struggling now with boredom

mfw

So had a go at fence needs titavating once settled but van looked dirty so looked on roof and it looks like it has been parked by a train station it's black so made a start at cleaning fortunately i did it about 8 months ago but it has taken about 5hrs so far and i've only cleaned 30% of roof -the back and 80% of the side and that is with a machine - swmbo's car next she cant understand about cleaning her car - then the boys navara which he has had from new and he and his wife thinks it is worth nothing 2004 engine has been rebuilt by bill carr with the mods - so gonna waste another day on that with a mop for something to do - then offer £200 for it

And i agree this is sad

We are all in the same boat. Fed up sitting at home twiddling our thumbs when we could be out and about. Have got next years campsite booked for Spain in September so just hope we get there.

We are all in the same boat. Fed up sitting at home twiddling our thumbs when we could be out and about. Have got next years campsite booked for Spain in September so just hope we get there.
Hope you get there as well a long way off but hopefully we can all do things then reasonably safely short term we have a lot of muck to get through (y)

Why not offer £100 and then mop it? Don’t make it look to good before you buy it he may keep.
It's my boy and his family just need him to realise it has value and a lot more than he and his wife are thinking and his wife suggested i clean their new car lazy sods not gonna happen dont mind helping but that is taking the Pee

We are probably no different from anyone else, and to maintain our healthy state of mind:

We regularly keep in touch with family and friends by phone.

Remain grateful for what we have, and put to the back of our minds things we don't.

Love our daily walks (looking for footpaths not taken before) and enjoy the wildlife and birds at our feeders.

Invent things to keep ourselves busy, and try to remember to thank each other for the little jobs we've each done.

It seems to work for us. (y)

Happy not to be ill and comfortable etc.
The uncertainy over future trips is "annoying" but that is where we are so not worrying about it (no point)
We read of lives devasted and ended (here and elsewhere) and we are just thankful for our health and situation.

I have spent a lot of time "revisiting" trips
Documentation, photos videos etc.
I have digitised loads of old photos..Early "adventure tours" family friends "school trips" and more.
Just recently published dashcam videos.
Now reviewing, motorhome trips (from 2010) filling in gaps, bookmarking (google) locations and journeys.
also completed a major revision of finances.
Some "looking at possible (?) tours for 2021"

So had a go at fence needs titavating once settled but van looked dirty so looked on roof and it looks like it has been parked by a train station it's black so made a start at cleaning fortunately i did it about 8 months ago but it has taken about 5hrs so far and i've only cleaned 30% of roof -the back and 80% of the side and that is with a machine - swmbo's car next she cant understand about cleaning her car - then the boys navara which he has had from new and he and his wife thinks it is worth nothing 2004 engine has been rebuilt by bill carr with the mods - so gonna waste another day on that with a mop for something to do - then offer £200 for it

And i agree this is sad

It's not sad, it's keeping busy so all good (y)

The main thing a lot of people are having to learn is when your life changes dramatically overnight for whatever reason (doesn't just apply to CV) it's how you decide to deal with it that matters.

Keeping occupied mentally and physically as best you can is key for all of us (y)

PS. Any chance you can do a mobile vehicle cleaning service? :unsure:
Got a couple on the drive here that need attention...! ;) 😂 :cool:

It's not sad, it's keeping busy so all good (y)

The main thing a lot of people are having to learn is when your life changes dramatically overnight for whatever reason (doesn't just apply to CV) it's how you decide to deal with it that matters.

Keeping occupied mentally and physically as best you can is key for all of us (y)

PS. Any chance you can do a mobile vehicle cleaning service? :unsure:
Got a couple on the drive here that need attention...! ;) 😂 :cool:
Takes me about 3 days to wash and polish the van including the shuts and the roof area probably takes twice as long as the rest of the van - cant understand how valet people can clean a vehicle in a day without cutting corners although a jet washer would be quicker for initial clean i dont like using them - so i always hand wash vehicles first

And i agree this is sad
As Marie said any chance of you doing a mobile vehicle cleaning service we’ve also got a couple here that needs cleaning!! :unsure:;)

It is certainly a lot easier to clean this time of year compared to summer time when bodywork is hot - but it is ducking the showers now and it looks like rain so i haven't gone out to it yet and i hate doing the roof but it has to be done first and work down the sides - got the meguires mop so it does make light work of cleaning

I was furloughed in April since then I've cleared the garage, built benches, fitted my grinders, wire wheel and bench drill, built troughs put up hanging baskets, built a bench and armchair for outside, got the two fountains working, stripped and rebuilt my racing bike, stripped my spare bike, washed the car twice, been to m y brothers workshop and rebuilt a Ford 4000 tractor engine that was stripped 27 years ago, that's now running, I've now taken voluntary redundancy due to big changes at work so seemed like the right time, I've got less than two years before my official retirement date.

i’m redoing jobs that didn’t satisfy me first time round , i had a pair of beech carver dining chairs which had been painted when i first got them i stripped them using nitromors etc still traces of paint where the legs & arms had been turned so this time round stripped it to the 20 individual pieces and put most of the pieces through the lathe they have come up good as new just got to sand down the seat armrests & backrest then get out the cascamite glue and wax it up,

I was furloughed in April since then I've cleared the garage, built benches, fitted my grinders, wire wheel and bench drill, built troughs put up hanging baskets, built a bench and armchair for outside, got the two fountains working, stripped and rebuilt my racing bike, stripped my spare bike, washed the car twice, been to m y brothers workshop and rebuilt a Ford 4000 tractor engine that was stripped 27 years ago, that's now running, I've now taken voluntary redundancy due to big changes at work so seemed like the right time, I've got less than two years before my official retirement date.

We definitely need a 'WOW!' button on this forum... o_O(y)😃

Would your wife consider trading you in or making an exchange? Got a possible taker here... :unsure: 🤣😂;)

How can you be bored? We have so many jobs to catch up on after spending a good majority of our time away from home, it’s been fantastic just being able to potter around doing a bit here and a bit there so we don’t get fed up finishing one job at a time. We’ve got enough jobs to lasts us years (we’re slow workers 😁😂).

Lots to do here if yer bored, can put it down to work related travel. Can supply EHU , dump, water and a view in exchange.😁

It is certainly a lot easier to clean this time of year compared to summer time when bodywork is hot - but it is ducking the showers now and it looks like rain so i haven't gone out to it yet and i hate doing the roof but it has to be done first and work down the sides - got the meguires mop so it does make light work of cleaning
What's a maguires mop? should I have one?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back