Stray carparks: Good news.

More good news Under the proposals, self-contained motorhomes - those with their own toilets and wash basins - will be allowed to pay an as-yet undecided fee to stay in the existing car parks.

4A3009B8-628B-4EF8-B72F-6AB518DBFCE7.png

Lets hope those of us that are too "special" to clean up their own mess, won't ruin it for us good people. Don't forget to photograph any sinners and send the details to the council. Even the ones in cars and vans. Cycle terrorists, should be ok as I don't think the Lycra has pockets. ;)

Yes, I suspect they will remain empty overnight which is maybe what the council really wants

Yes, I suspect they will remain empty overnight which is maybe what the council really wants
Think you may be right, they tried banning overnight stays of Campers down at the carparks towards Marske-by-the-Sea, but don't think it worked, seen quite a few staying over with the height barrier open.

I stay in Redcar regularly to sail on the beach from Majuba road car park.I never pay and have never had a ticket. Mainly because traffic wardens never police that car park.If they ever did issue a ticket it is not enforceable and can be contested in court as the council do not own that land or maybe more to the point cannot prove that the do.
This is why there is a whole swathe of land behind the car park which is waste grass land.The council wanted to build loads of houses on the area, but failed as they couldn't prove ownership of the land. In fact the ownership of the land is still unknown to this day.

Some folks would consider the cost expensive if the council payed THEM to stay there....

Facilities have little to do with cost anymore after the last couple of years....
Prices have gone up across the board (some ridiculously so)
CL/CS main sites....

£15 would be proportional for 24 hours parking in most car parks...
Especially if it was a city centre

I'm not sure The fact the car park is empty at night really makes a heap of difference...
It still has to be owned and operated... And frankly IF a car parked there in the day pays £3 for 2 hours
why shouldn't someone that's parked there for say 12 hours pay £15

Seems fair to me.... And IF the car park was somewhere I wanted to stay....
I'd happily pay it.
I believe most people just want a reasonable charge. Thats all.

But just for comparison. This is a reasonable charge in a very nice village in France

tempImageJCSQqL.png

I believe most people just want a reasonable charge. Thats all.

But just for comparison. This is a reasonable charge in a very nice village in France

View attachment 106068
The point I've made several times though is....

Comparing something in France to something in the UK is just pointless...
It's like saying wine is cheap in France but dear in the UK...
It's nice to think that there would be some sort of international standard for everything... BUT it'll never happen.
Folks views on prices are subjective too...
Although a lot seem to want summat for nowt... Or a £5 at worst.

Not a chance in the current climate

Some of us don't want anything at any price though, I'm quite happy to find my own parkups if the authorities will leave me alone. I don't want any services at all, that's why I built my bus to have everything I need. I don't want a piece of tarmac to park on, I'm happy wherever I can get. What I don't want is to feel like I'm being corralled into these parkups by the authorities, just so I am forced into paying for something I neither want or need....

I stay in Redcar regularly to sail on the beach from Majuba road car park.I never pay and have never had a ticket. Mainly because traffic wardens never police that car park.If they ever did issue a ticket it is not enforceable and can be contested in court as the council do not own that land or maybe more to the point cannot prove that the do.
This is why there is a whole swathe of land behind the car park which is waste grass land.The council wanted to build loads of houses on the area, but failed as they couldn't prove ownership of the land. In fact the ownership of the land is still unknown to this day.
I use that one it’s a great carpark with a fantastic beach. 👍

The point I've made several times though is....

Comparing something in France to something in the UK is just pointless...
It's like saying wine is cheap in France but dear in the UK...
It's nice to think that there would be some sort of international standard for everything... BUT it'll never happen.
Folks views on prices are subjective too...
Although a lot seem to want summat for nowt... Or a £5 at worst.

Not a chance in the current climate
Ok I'll compare something in this country. All car parking in powys for example reasonable price to park up all day and free overnight. The money then goes to the local shops as you don't feel ripped off. Win Win.

Same in Hawick in the borders. In fact there were no charges there so even better.

I don't mine a reasonable fee with no facilities safe parking. I don't think I'm alone in thinking £15 for a car park is outrageous. But like motorway fuel some will pay
Just not us.

Ok I'll compare something in this country. All car parking in powys for example reasonable price to park up all day and free overnight. The money then goes to the local shops as you don't feel ripped off. Win Win.

Same in Hawick in the borders. In fact there were no charges there so even better.

I don't mine a reasonable fee with no facilities safe parking. I don't think I'm alone in thinking £15 for a car park is outrageous. But like motorway fuel some will pay
Just not us.
And that's the joy of free choice....

I never pay to, stop anywhere I'm not happy to pay the price asked...

No one is holding a gun against my head...
Folks want permission to stop in some places....
And some folks are happy to grant that permission 'for a price' of their choice,
IF it doesn't get used then the price will likely drop
IF it gets fully used it'll stay the same or go up,
Just supply and demand....

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back