Stray carparks: Good news.

groyne

You'll be allowed to ovenight, but the bad news is that it will cost you.

Screenshot 2022-02-02 155645.jpg

Typical bl00dy Redcar and Cleveland.

I thought lots of folks wanted councils to use their facilities to generate income etc whilst providing somewhere to park....

Looks like they are listening and cottoning on that they can make money from us.
Lots of folks think that councils could permit their facilities to be used 24/7 and some of those folks are not averse to them attempting to generate income in the process. It is then a question of what amount seems reasonable for the service provided, and the amounts involved in the case in question appear excessive both when compared to daytime prices (particularly when one considers that daytime demand for parking spaces is likely to be greater) and when compared to alternative locations offering additional services, such as provision of fresh water and disposal of waste water.

Lots of folks think that councils could permit their facilities to be used 24/7 and some of those folks are not averse to them attempting to generate income in the process. It is then a question of what amount seems reasonable for the service provided, and the amounts involved in the case in question appear excessive both when compared to daytime prices (particularly when one considers that daytime demand for parking spaces is likely to be greater) and when compared to alternative locations offering additional services, such as provision of fresh water and disposal of waste water.
Some folks would consider the cost expensive if the council payed THEM to stay there....

Facilities have little to do with cost anymore after the last couple of years....
Prices have gone up across the board (some ridiculously so)
CL/CS main sites....

£15 would be proportional for 24 hours parking in most car parks...
Especially if it was a city centre

I'm not sure The fact the car park is empty at night really makes a heap of difference...
It still has to be owned and operated... And frankly IF a car parked there in the day pays £3 for 2 hours
why shouldn't someone that's parked there for say 12 hours pay £15

Seems fair to me.... And IF the car park was somewhere I wanted to stay....
I'd happily pay it.

Correct Mr B. R&C don't want motorhomes to park there, it's their way of scaring you off. But the off shoot is that the locals won't pay to park there either, they'll clog up the roads around Redcar East.

It is a long time since I overnighted at the Stray but there was a Tap and Toilets that were open (possibly all night). A CL or CS within a few yards of a beach would be more than £15, double that if it was in Cornwall. :)

It is a long time since I overnighted at the Stray but there was a Tap and Toilets that were open (possibly all night). A CL or CS within a few yards of a beach would be more than £15, double that if it was in Cornwall. :)
So not just me that looks at things with a little perspective....

I've chucked a friendly farmer £20 through his letterbox (un asked for BUT felt like a nice thing to do)
When they have offered us their blessing for a quiet corner in a nice spot....

And have ALWAYS been proffered a friendly welcome to return...

Maybe it's just my sense of fairness OR maybe the thought that someone might treat thselves to something paid for by my cash.... That they might not of bothered with otherwise...

Maybe I'm just a undercover hippy that enjoys others happiness...

Who knows...

Guys at the security gate I deal with on a regular basis (loverly bunch, always happy and smiling when we land)

Were delighted with a random box of donuts this morning....
Probably made a pleasant change from a heap of grief they usually get for doing their job.....

Life is a heap too short as it is.... Let alone if you choose to be miserable

Some folks would consider the cost expensive if the council payed THEM to stay there....

Facilities have little to do with cost anymore after the last couple of years....
Prices have gone up across the board (some ridiculously so)
CL/CS main sites....

£15 would be proportional for 24 hours parking in most car parks...
Especially if it was a city centre

I'm not sure The fact the car park is empty at night really makes a heap of difference...
It still has to be owned and operated... And frankly IF a car parked there in the day pays £3 for 2 hours
why shouldn't someone that's parked there for say 12 hours pay £15

Seems fair to me.... And IF the car park was somewhere I wanted to stay....
I'd happily pay it.
The overnight charge is £15 for 12 hours (2000-0800). Contrast that with the daytime charge not for 2 hours but for 12 hours (0800-2000), which is £6.

The overnight charge is £15 for 12 hours (2000-0800). Contrast that with the daytime charge not for 2 hours but for 12 hours (0800-2000), which is £6.
OR up to 3 hours for £3.....

Frankly IF I thought it was too expensive for an overnight spot...
Then I'd just use my own free will and not pay it....
And find somewhere else
Just the same as do in the rest of my life...

No guns held against anyone's head to stop there.

Seeing a cashcow.
Exhorbitant and no services.
No thanks prefer to pau similar for a small campsite eg CCC CS. Some at £10 or a better one at £20 including EHU and SO much nicer.

Northumberland Council have voted to allow overnight parking in 3 car parks as a trial because MHs are not stopping in Northumberland as they head to Scotland. This was on Facebook. Looks like some Councils are getting the idea. Just got to sort out their costs. £15 for an overnight stop in a carpark with no facilities is just taking the piss. Derbyshire Dale's don't seem to mind and their charge last time we went to Matlock was a staggering £1. We did have to put up with a couple of idiots wearing their tires out doing donuts just after the pubs shut 😳

The Stray (and Marine Parade, Saltburn) are attractive spots with views out to sea. Possibly a bit noisy with a potential for passers-by giving abuse.
I might pay £10 for a night but £16 for a whole day seems a bit excessive. Redcar is one of the poorest areas in the country, so could do with some more income.
£21 is what they want AND I'd have to leave by 8am UNLESS I can be sure that staying until 10am is free ("2 hours in any calendar day").

Gordon

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back