Stolen Motorhomes recovered

Over here we do a special operation when catching them. :eek:
shooting.png

Most cars etc nicked here are filled with sh one t and no way would you want it back, no idea why they do this, maybe scared stiff.

If it was your van would you want it back ? .
I definitely would, as I have done a lot of changes to it to make it work for us, besides they don’t steal them to trash them, they are stolen to sell on with new identity,
So they need them to be in good nick

What would happen if the insurers have paid out.
1 would you pay them back and keep your "no claims" or would the premium hike up next time ?
2 could yo simply say "no I keep the cash"
3 what about the contents..may be worth £1,000 ?
(Probably all gone anyway)

They used to nick Transit MoHos for the engines and gearboxes, they put a chain around them to a tree and floor them in reverse, rubber engine mounts can't take it so out they come., not sure if that'd work on a transverse engine or not.

I have mates in the police and some of the tales that certain people who have caravans get up to would make you worry at night.

I presume the salvage auction value would be considerably less than the payout ?
So if you wanted it back room for negatiation ?
Happened to me once, but with a caravan. It turned up 18 months later at a settled traveller's house only 5 miles away. I went there with the police to identify it; it had some unique marks on the interior. There were 2 other vans and the police took them all into storage with the insurance company paying the fees.
I contacted the insurance with a view to buyback but they basically blanked me. I always reckoned it cost the insurance more in fees than the van was worth. Bonkers!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back