Stay at Home

I used to have one of those, really liked it !
Big problem was it used ford engine/box and diff which was junk.
jago jeep.png

For any naysayers, some of the hospitals up here have been turning ambulances away.
The ambulance queues are horrendous, not just in London.

Covid intensive care nurse, a friend, was due 4 days off this next week.
They are begging all staff who can to work their days off.

She will do two days, would have done all four, but they have 2 x ten year old daughters who are off school until half term February due to lockdown.
Husband is a firefighter, he's working shifts on what would have been the other 2 days so can't stay home and look after the kids.

Logistics on the ground are not only to do with how soon we can all get this vaccine.

So, @barlicker, sorry if I find your comments in this instance ringing out of tune.
We are not through this yet by a long chalk. Let's just all hope and pray we don't hit those figures you quote, ey?

There is a rumour going around the QE Hospital in Gateshead that some of the London plague victims might be brought up here.

Probably started on Facebook or Twitter, so total rubbish. :D

We were naughty today. It thawed overnight and we are both sick of the mud on the dog walks so we took them to the beach. The car parks were full and the coastal path was very busy, even the normally deserted beach was busy. We walked on the dunes and hardly encountered a soul, only a couple of fellow sensible dog walkers.

There is a rumour going around the QE Hospital in Gateshead that some of the London plague victims might be brought up here.

Probably started on Facebook or Twitter, so total rubbish. :D

We were naughty today. It thawed overnight and we are both sick of the mud on the dog walks so we took them to the beach. The car parks were full and the coastal path was very busy, even the normally deserted beach was busy. We walked on the dunes and hardly encountered a soul, only a couple of fellow sensible dog walkers.

Would that be the same beach I'm thinking of Jim. (assuming you are a mind reader!).

If so I'm jealous.

She will do two days, would have done all four, but they have 2 x ten year old daughters who are off school until half term February due to lockdown.
Husband is a firefighter, he's working shifts on what would have been the other 2 days so can't stay home and look after the kids.
Hope she is not breaking the law as kids under 14 not allowed home alone, here some get lifted by authorities and parents taken to court.
Where does it say they are being left alone, I read that as she is having the two days off when her husband cannot look after them

we're still looking for a definition of 'local' if it is just the surrounding town, then we were bad today ,and taking a flask of tea and a cake was obviously picnicky , although the cafe there was doing a roaring trade . if it's a postcode thing ,then we've got all of Bristol .

Is that "naughty though". Its not that far from you. Until they tell us what "local" means then how far can you go to walk the dogs or get exercise or supplies etc? I consider anywhere within an hour local really. So that could include Lake Ullswater and most of the North Yorkshire Dales or Teesdale. What do they mean local? 5 miles? 40 miles? I Dont see a problem at the moment in the middle of winter if you want to walk your dogs on the dunes on your own away from people. Its the same here. There are loads of places we could drive to and be out on our own. The big problems here were in the Spring and early summer when we had hordes visiting in packs because of the good weather.

Is that "naughty though". Its not that far from you. Until they tell us what "local" means then how far can you go to walk the dogs or get exercise or supplies etc? I consider anywhere within an hour local really. So that could include Lake Ullswater and most of the North Yorkshire Dales or Teesdale. What do they mean local? 5 miles? 40 miles? I Dont see a problem at the moment in the middle of winter if you want to walk your dogs on the dunes on your own away from people. Its the same here. There are loads of places we could drive to and be out on our own. The big problems here were in the Spring and early summer when we had hordes visiting in packs because of the good weather.

It's about 15 miles, maybe a bit more. We went in the car as I would not risk using the van. Even I get a bit suspicious when I see a van conversion on the road now, so my behemoth will stick out like a sore thumb. :confused:

I will use it to take the Wife shopping once a week ... that will be a novelty for her. :D

The reservoir where the two Derbyshire women were fined is 10 miles from me and I go there to walk the dog, it is a lovely spot and I would consider it local

Where does it say they are being left alone, I read that as she is having the two days off to look after the kids when her husband cannot look after them

Sorry that's me getting the words wrong - yes, she is having the 2 days off when she could be going into work where she's desperately needed instead.

She's due 4 days break as part of the normal working pattern (long shifts, alternating day and night shift patterns).
Husband is off his firefighter shift for 2 of the days that she can work, but other 2 days he's back on shift, so she has to stay at home instead to look after them.

The kids are never left on their own. This isn't Ireland, Trev! (y):ROFLMAO: 😂 :cool:

Sorry that's me getting the words wrong - yes, she is having the 2 days off when she could be going into work where she's desperately needed instead.

She's due 4 days break as part of the normal working pattern (long shifts, alternating day and night shift patterns).
Husband is off his firefighter shift for 2 of the days that she can work, but other 2 days he's back on shift, so she has to stay at home instead to look after them.

The kids are never left on their own. This isn't Ireland, Trev! (y):ROFLMAO: 😂 :cool:
Ha yep daughters friend lives around the corner and her mum is a classroom aid at daughters school, she left her we girl alone at home all last week, she is only 12 years old. :mad: The we girl ph round here to see if she could come round, we had to say no, left us in a bad place.:(

The reservoir where the two Derbyshire women were fined is 10 miles from me and I go there to walk the dog, it is a lovely spot and I would consider it local
I think the fines have been rescinded, or at least the PCC is saying they should be. I note the news kept showing a campervan being stopped.
I'm not sure what it's like around your way, but around here any 'beauty spot' is crowded out, t'other day for a change we decided to drive a couple of miles so gf could walk along the river , got there took one look and decided it was much too crowded.

For any naysayers, some of the hospitals up here have been turning ambulances away.
The ambulance queues are horrendous, not just in London.

Covid intensive care nurse, a friend, was due 4 days off this next week.
They are begging all staff who can to work their days off.

Logistics on the ground are not only to do with how soon we can all get this vaccine.

So, @barlicker, sorry if I find your comments in this instance ringing out of tune.
We are not through this yet by a long chalk. Let's just all hope and pray we don't hit those figures you quote, ey?

Saw a piece on unnecessary additional pressures that may be applied on ambulances/hospitals caused by unnecessary travel.
Very interesting and informative. A mishap whilst driving to test eyesight particularly in icy conditions could be foolish.

Saw a piece on unnecessary additional pressures that may be applied on ambulances/hospitals caused by unnecessary travel.
Very interesting and informative. A mishap whilst driving to test eyesight particularly in icy conditions could be foolish.
If stopped you could say you were going round a blind corner to get your eyes tested. 🤔

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back