Stay at Home

My daily commute over to the North East Coast using a main arterial duel carriageway is still very busy.
First lock down I would only see hauliers.

Men her as a rule dont wear masks except the pensioners who are scared shitless, as for shop workers, chin ear round the neck is common if at all.

I get the feeling in the thread that people think its busier because people are not being compliant, obviously there is some of that, but round my way and probably many other 'blue collar' areas factories and warehouses that closed first time are legitimately open this time, in turn that means thousands of commuters that are not on furlough and can't work from home. Mother in Law is in very 'white collar' Cambridge and she says its much quieter (laptops at home), I don't think round here people are less compliant but rather employment circumstances are reflected in road traffic etc

My neighbour works in a local factory, shut first time around but presently open and they employ 200 so guess that is already maybe a 100 cars on the road that weren't in spring/summer from just that one site

Last edited:
I think that's right, there isn't as much locked down this time so although traffic is less than normal it's still busier than last time.

Still seems a lot of traffic about here in Peterborough. Quite strange really as supermarket car parks not very full although the Tesco Extra at the retail park along with Boots an optician and Poundland is busy.

We've all been locked down before, so we have some experience and everyone is finding their feet.

Trip to hospital in Newcastle yesterday it definitely wasn't as deserted as first full lockdown, but not as busy as I expected.

I agree with others that most of the traffic is folk going about their (legitimate) business - and thank god for the rest of us that they are!

Unlike Trev in NI and other places mentioned, most folk seem to be behaving pretty well around here. (y)

Last edited:
We've all been locked down before, so we have some experience and everyone is finding their feet.

Trip to hospital in Newcastle yesterday it definitely wasn't as deserted as first full lockdown, but definitely not as busy as I expected.

I agree with others that most of the traffic is mostly folk going about their (legitimate) business - and thank god for the rest of us that they are!

Unlike Trev in NI and other places mentioned, most folk seem to be behaving pretty well around here. (y)

Marie, please get your lot to come down here and teach our lot how to behave because they haven`t a bloody clue or don`t give a damn :mad:

As i passed tesco yesterday the car park was full to bursting, no more queuing outside as in the first lockdown, so bad we had to go elsewhere for cat food, wife went in to the Range and it was not much better with people just in browsing rather than doing a real shop, many men with no masks and standing right behind you ar checkouts rather than at the 2 mtr floor markings.:eek:

As i passed tesco yesterday the car park was full to bursting, no more queuing outside as in the first lockdown, so bad we had to go elsewhere for cat food, wife went in to the Range and it was not much better with people just in browsing rather than doing a real shop, many men with no masks and standing right behind you ar checkouts rather than at the 2 mtr floor markings.:eek:

You seem to be out a lot of the time doing shopping, Trev, you sure it's always essential, huh? :unsure:

Do I need to report you to the shopping police?? :cool::ROFLMAO:😂😂😂;)

3 days a week for grans food and ours, we eat fresh here and our cat is a starvo. 😂 we mainly no go to a spar a few miles up the road as not a large amount of folk in it, also at 8 evening all the fresh foods are reduced to 25p or less making a fiver go a long way.;)

I was just pulling your leg, btw... ;) 😘 😂

Marie, i think we might be getting a few days peace and quiet because this morning they were packing loads of stuff including suitcases into the car.

Then whilst they were putting the kids in the car i overheard her say they were all going to granny and grandads for a few days.

They haven`t seen them since christmas day and it will be nice to have a catch up.

Her parents live in Surrey and the only reason i`m not going to report her is that i`ll enjoy the peace and quiet.

Well I have followed instructions and I am away in the motorhome. Mind you it is very quiet here. :(

Loch Doon..jpg

From Roger on Fruitcakes.

Stay at home.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Record number of deaths today at 1325 so in 9 months the great British public have learned nothing.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back