Stay at Home

Went to the supermarket @ 9:00 last night, pretty quiet, one till open and I got sorted straight away. Unfortunately, there were a lot of empty shelves, no mushrooms, just 4x bags of spuds and I had to buy a lot of dearer brands as the cheaper were sold out. And dearer does not mean better on most items if you look at the contents! Bog rolls were not plentiful and hardly any bread.

Siege mentality has set in I guess.

We haven't been hit that badly in worthing yet so there is quite a lot of people around although virus is now starting to rise fairly quickly

Last time Police where stopping cars entering Truro and questioning their reason for travel maybe they'll start again

What is important to understand is that we are responsible for our own actions and not the actions of others. People now know the laws and the possible consequences of their actions. Being angry and frustrated will only affect you, it will not change the actions of selfish people because they do not care what you think.

Too right Mr Geeky..do the decent/law abiding/sensible/safe thing.
Ignore and avoid the IDIOTS.
Keep safe Keep calm..Avoid Stress !
Goodness knows a certain person has caused me endless stress !!!!

Just returned from my dog walk, roads still busy unlike first lockdown when it was deathly quiet.
As a footnote when out stopped outside my local McColls corner shop and waited for my neighbour paying his paper bill. 2 youngish males entered the shop without masks.

Fairly quiet here but certainly not like the first lockdown, Castle Donington is very quiet but unfortunately Derby isn't, I called into Homebargains Derby yesterday on the way back from the hospital (we do pass it on the way) after two minutes inside I grabbed essentials and went to the till, it was packed with parents and unruly kids, quite a few customers were complaining at the checkout and most of them were young people, when we had the first lockdown we queued outside for some time before being allowed in, families with two parents and children were told only one of them could enter, it seems no-one cares this time😟

Noticeably quieter round here.
Might pop out again in a bit just to double check. Never thought life would come to this.

Been giving driving lessons to mates Mrs, but I just cancelled this afternoons drive.

I popped out for some shopping Mon, just before lockdown, came back without as supermarkets were so busy. It sounds a lot quieter traffic wise at home, so will find out how busy when I try to go shopping again later on this afternoon. 🤞. Our neighbour has just finished her self isolating due to having C-19, she’s only the 4th person I know personally who’s had a confirmed case of it, and 2 of them were late 60’s with no symptoms, who only had a test cos they needed to get a flight. I’m hoping it stays that way. 🤞🤞

The road is quieter outside our house which is normally a quite busy road.

No differance here, one of our top boys from stormont has been caught up round portstewart on a jolly, papers have cartoons of him and his mates in bathing cosys running into the sea tugging a kite on a string. 😂

Traffic here is quieter than usual. Nothing like the first lockdown as businesses are still at work. Building companies were not working then. We have quarries around here and the quarry lorries make up a big proportion of traffic.

Definitely quieter, but much busier than first lockdown, full shelves in supermarket, managed to get everything we’d gone for, plus some, as you do 😂.

Do you think some of the extra traffic is workers who cannot work from home so have to go to work this time? Last time they were furloughed unless "essential" , this time that isn't the case. Lots of idiots too, I expect but this may be a factor.

Went into Leeds yesterday and while there wasn't as much traffic as normal, it wasn't quiet on the roads. Possibly because there are more vans/workmen still working, unlike the first lockdown.Only noticed one barmpot who thought speed limits didn't apply to him.

Folk here have just give or feed up and all back to normal, except over time there will be less of them as they pop their clogs.

Do you think some of the extra traffic is workers who cannot work from home so have to go to work this time? Last time they were furloughed unless "essential" , this time that isn't the case. Lots of idiots too, I expect but this may be a factor.
The roads are much quieter on an evening, so I guess a lot are workers through the day, and at least the majority in the shops here are wearing masks and sd’ing.

Reactions: REC

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back