Split Charge Relay Location ?

Apuljack Engineering have not even bothered getting back to me, maybe they don`t want or need the work.

Has your control panel got an internal battery - i have a c2015 control panel and internal battery failure/leakage can cause problems

No, the PC-200 does not have an internal battery

PC-200.jpg

It seems to be intermittant, the 2 symbols i`ve lost are 9, Battery Parallel and 12, Alternator charging when the engine is running.

Screenshot (2).png

The panel does a self test every time you start it up like a lot of electronic devices do to prove that all the symbols are working however ......................

When the engine is running both of these symbols are normally lit, now they do not light.

Sometimes when i turn the panel off and back on again one or the other or both very briefly flash but then go straight out whilst the other symbols stay lit for approx 2 seconds and then go out and then only the time is shown until you press one of the test buttons 1, 2, or 3 to check a function.

1 outside / inside temperature works fine.

2 battery check, press once and it`s for the leisure batteries and shows resting volts and charging volts when on EHU but stays on resting volts when the engine is running, press again and it`s for the engine battery works fine and show resting volts or charging volts when on EHU or engine running.

3 water tanks and has not worked properly since we bought the motorhome and i gave up taking in back in to get fixed. normally showing 100%

4 outside light is only turned on when needed, works fine.

6 water pump and 7 interior lights are left turned on all of the time, works fine.

5 panel on / off and speaks for itself.

In the coming up 13 years we`ve owned the motorhome from new the electrics ( apart from the water tank levels ) have worked perfectly.

It seems to be intermittant, the 2 symbols i`ve lost are 9, Battery Parallel and 12, Alternator charging when the engine is running.

View attachment 88307

The panel does a self test every time you start it up like a lot of electronic devices do to prove that all the symbols are working however ......................

When the engine is running both of these symbols are normally lit, now they do not light.

Sometimes when i turn the panel off and back on again one or the other or both very briefly flash but then go straight out whilst the other symbols stay lit for approx 2 seconds and then go out and then only the time is shown until you press one of the test buttons 1, 2, or 3 to check a function.

1 outside / inside temperature works fine.

2 battery check, press once and it`s for the leisure batteries and shows resting volts and charging volts when on EHU but stays on resting volts when the engine is running, press again and it`s for the engine battery works fine and show resting volts or charging volts when on EHU or engine running.

3 water tanks and has not worked properly since we bought the motorhome and i gave up taking in back in to get fixed. normally showing 100%

4 outside light is only turned on when needed, works fine.

6 water pump and 7 interior lights are left turned on all of the time, works fine.

5 panel on / off and speaks for itself.

In the coming up 13 years we`ve owned the motorhome from new the electrics ( apart from the water tank levels ) have worked perfectly.
If it has an internal clock within the control panel ( which your instructions reference ) how does it keep the time without being continually powered up if there is no internal battery for control panel - and i am just asking the question no more than that

Taken from the PC-200 user manual.

Quote :-

Note -
The watch is supplied from the leisure battery.
Should the leisure battery be disconnected the watch is able to keep working without visualization for about 2 weeks

Taken from the PC-200 user manual.

Note -
The watch is supplied from the leisure battery.
Should the leisure battery be disconnected the watch is able to keep working without visualization for about 2 weeks
Dont know how it powers the internal clock but looking at the back of board on the internet cant see battery either - if you can get onto one of the european forums using google translate you might find something in there which might help if i can find something i'll put it on here for you

Dont know how it powers the internal clock but looking at the back of board on the internet cant see battery either - if you can get onto one of the european forums using google translate you might find something in there which might help if i can find something i'll put it on here for you

Probably a capacitor that's mounted on the board

Hi Wooie,

On a van I had a few years back (Fiat Ducato PVC) There was a D+ relay and a Battery Auto relay positioned near the bottom of the drivers side B pillar according to a drawing I had for the electrical system. I never saw them, just spotted this when troubleshooting something else, so don't know what covers needed to be removed for access. I suspect the plastic cover at the bottom of the B pillar or the cover within the footwell will need taking off, might be worth a look.

Hope this helps.

Thank you everyone for the help and now Apuljack Engineering have replied to my email.

They agree it more than likely a problem with the split charge relay circuits given the detailed problems i have given them.

They are offering a repair for a fixed price with 12 months warranty

We offer a fixed price repair service for these items, for £220 (exVAT and shipping). This cost includes all spares and labour to fully investigate all faults with the system, repair the faults and then test the system to confirm all is working as it should. Work will take approximately 1-2 weeks to complete and is covered by a 12 month warranty.

I`ll see what the mobile electrician says next week then take it from there.

Last edited:
Thank you everyone for the help and now Apuljack Engineering have replred to my email.

They agree it more than likely a problem with the split charge relay circuits given the detailed problems i have given them.

They are offering a repair for a fixed price with 12 months warranty

We offer a fixed price repair service for these items, for £220 (exVAT and shipping). This cost includes all spares and labour to fully investigate all faults with the system, repair the faults and then test the system to confirm all is working as it should. Work will take approximately 1-2 weeks to complete and is covered by a 12 month warranty.

I`ll see what the mobile electrician says next week then take it from there.
One thing I would want to know ... Does the 12 Month Warranty cover just the repair they do (so if the same fault reoccurs)? Or does the £220 (+VAT and shipping) you pay cover a general health check on the unit and a full warranty of the entire unit?

The cost at £264 is not inconsiderable. I don't know if that unit is much more complicated than a typical Sargent Power Supply Distribution unit for example?
Those can be sent back to Sargent for a a fixed price repair of £145 (inc VAT). That seems a much more reasonable kind of price and along the lines of what I would have expected.
Hopefully the chap who comes round next week can sort it out as it sounds like it needs a fivers worth of parts and 5 minutes with a soldering iron.

If your price is right for the fuseboard on earlier post it would be cheaper to buy a new one and keep the old one for spares

The guy who came to look at it basically didn`t know hios arse from his elbow and i told him as much so off he went without payment.

The link in my post #6 although it looks the same isn`t, mine has a model number of 20518 and has 16 fuses in it and the one in the link has a model number 20510 and only has 15 fuses in it and they are in a different postion to mine so clearly the multi-plugs will not match up either.

The whole DS520 distribution board and the PC-200 control panel has now been removed and will be sent to Apuljack Engineering for refurbishment.

Once back i`ll report on how things went and the final price although they have said it is a fixed price fix ................... we`ll see as i have an email confirming the price.

The guy who came to look at it basically didn`t know hios arse from his elbow and i told him as much so off he went without payment.

The link in my post #6 although it looks the same isn`t, mine has a model number of 20518 and has 16 fuses in it and the one in the link has a model number 20510 and only has 15 fuses in it and they are in a different postion to mine so clearly the multi-plugs will not match up either.

The whole DS520 distribution board and the PC-200 control panel has now been removed and will be sent to Apuljack Engineering for refurbishment.

Once back i`ll report on how things went and the final price although they have said it is a fixed price fix ................... we`ll see as i have an email confirming the price.
Put little dabs of tippex on the various components just to see out of curiosity what they replace. Would be interesting if more than that one black square component gets changed :)

Put little dabs of tippex on the various components just to see out of curiosity what they replace. Would be interesting if more than that one black square component gets changed :)

Already thought of that Boss (y) me being the suspicious, trust no one type of person :)

If the one in the link i put on was the right one £176.15 + P&P is a damned sight cheaper that the thick end of £300 all in that this is going to cost :eek:

Already thought of that Boss (y) me being the suspicious, trust no one type of person :)

If the one in the link i put on was the right one £176.15 + P&P is a damned sight cheaper that the thick end of £300 all in that this is going to cost :eek:
You may have got VAT to go on that price

They repair whatever is needed and give a years warranty pretty sure it covers other parts if not replaced within the year anyway

You will probably find they want the distribution board and the control unit - that is what happened when i sent my cbe bits off for repair

You may have got VAT to go on that price

They repair whatever is needed and give a years warranty pretty sure it covers other parts if not replaced within the year anyway

You will probably find they want the distribution board and the control unit - that is what happened when i sent my cbe bits off for repair

See my post #33

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back