Speeding fine in france

Carol. I am pretty certain you wont be getting a fine. I had four flashes last year and never received anything. Officially the French can now pursue fines in the UK because the UK signed the directive for cross border fines last spring but so far nobody has had one on any of the forums and plenty of people have been flashed. There is a similar thread running on FACTS right now and someone posted this link but I Cant read the detail as you have to be a subscriber so have asked for them to copy and paste the content.

No speeding fines for British drivers

I got flashed 2 years ago in France, I was defo speeding , 100% sure I would get a fine
never heard anything ... no fine , nothing

Has anybody been fined yet from France? I was flashed today doing 84kmh in an 80kmh zone. I believe its only a fine at the worst.
Steve

Carol. I am pretty certain you wont be getting a fine. I had four flashes last year and never received anything. Officially the French can now pursue fines in the UK because the UK signed the directive for cross border fines last spring but so far nobody has had one on any of the forums and plenty of people have been flashed. There is a similar thread running on FACTS right now and someone posted this link but I Cant read the detail as you have to be a subscriber so have asked for them to copy and paste the content.

No speeding fines for British drivers

I was in Spain earlier this year without motorhome , hired a car . Email from carhire people telling me they were charging me 30[?} euros to pass my information to the authorities as I had been flashed for speeding . I then got speeding fine notice from Spain through the post .
Decided , as I drive there so often , I would pay the fine [can't remember how much] . Different circumstances but...
p.s. my conscience would be clear [as it can be] whether I paid the fine or not
just realised your link was referring to British registered vehicles , so maybe not a problem .

Until Brexit ?

Last edited:
Haven't heard anything so far. However, someone posted something which said there was a leeway re kilometres over the limit and as I was only a few over I was less worried. Could still drop on the mat though!

I was in Spain earlier this year without motorhome , hired a car . Email from carhire people telling me they were charging me 30[?} euros to pass my information to the authorities as I had been flashed for speeding . I then got speeding fine notice from Spain through the post .
Decided , as I drive there so often , I would pay the fine [can't remember how much] . Different circumstances but...
p.s. my conscience would be clear [as it can be] whether I paid the fine or not
just realised your link was referring to British registered vehicles , so maybe not a problem .

Until Brexit ?

Yes its common to get a fine this way through a hire car company but as far a I am aware nobody has yet to get one directly with a British reg vehicle. Could happen I guess as they have the right and the facilities to chase Brit drivers now but so far it seems they havent bothered.

As for Brexit making a difference. Possibly if it starts harming the countries we visit. Plus I think I read today we will need an international licence / permit every time we cross the water.

Rental vehices aside a separate entity, chatting to someone yesterday re Brit Vehicles and whilst there is an agreement it hasn't been ratified so you should be oK after this time as well....

Channa

Yes its common to get a fine this way through a hire car company but as far a I am aware nobody has yet to get one directly with a British reg vehicle. Could happen I guess as they have the right and the facilities to chase Brit drivers now but so far it seems they havent bothered.

As for Brexit making a difference. Possibly if it starts harming the countries we visit. Plus I think I read today we will need an international licence / permit every time we cross the water.

The Tweed ?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back