Speeding fine in france

Next time you want flashing Carol come to Castle Donington flashing31.gif

Hi Chris, not sure but think 70. It wasn't long after leaving a rest area and only by a few kms. Don't think my van would be mistaken for a lorry! Any idea of what the fine is btw?

I believe the cameras sense the vehicle height so most motorhomes are liable to be misdetected.

No idea about fines. I try very hard not to exceed limits having learned an expensive lesson - in 1970. £7 and an endorsement!

I believe the cameras sense the vehicle height so most motorhomes are liable to be misdetected.

No idea about fines. I try very hard not to exceed limits having learned an expensive lesson - in 1970. £7 and an endorsement!

Haha, in my defence I've travelled a few miles there and this is my first misdemeanour! Not like I was driving fast either!

Haha, in my defence I've travelled a few miles there and this is my first misdemeanour! Not like I was driving fast either!

Mmmmm I seem to remember you had 2 speeding fines over the past couple of years you naughty girl.

Mmmmm I seem to remember you had 2 speeding fines over the past couple of years you naughty girl.

Cheers Annie. Did you read the rest of my post btw? Lots of things to comment on there too! Like wow, you've done all those miles on your own? Or, didn't the van do well? :banana:

Last edited:
Cheers Annie. Did you read the rest of my post btw? Lots of things to comment on there too! Like wow, you've done all those miles on your own? Or, didn't the van do well? :banana:

Your very welcome I just thought you had forgot your other misdemeanours 😂

that is naughty post mentioning that word to carol well look at it this way carol it isnt point on your licence as it would be in uk well dont think they can do that so you wont have to declare to insurance company

If you were caught by a camera speeding then you are guilty so pay up. Sorry Carol, that's just the way I see it. That way you can relax & keep a clear conscience.

Last edited:
Thank you Sharon, I'm sure I will. First flash I've had in all the years and thousands of miles driving in France btw 😊

My conscience is fine already thanks Mark :p Btw, the international thing was something I'd bought off eBay! :lol-053:

Great news.
Thought that would be the case.
Funny how many where spending you're money before anyone knew what the international thing was. :p

Carol I don't arrrf think you got big balls driving all that way ....good on ya!!
Hope it was a fab trip and hope nothing comes of the fine .....I would just put return to sender :) Oh on second thoughts you might see a mug shot of yourself at the borders next time your out there :ninja: perhaps not !

Welcome home anyway :)

Carol I don't arrrf think you got big balls driving all that way ....good on ya!!
Hope it was a fab trip and hope nothing comes of the fine .....I would just put return to sender :) Oh on second thoughts you might see a mug shot of yourself at the borders next time your out there :ninja: perhaps not !

Welcome home anyway :)

Thanks Jac, it's stressful at times but worth it. Not sure if I'll hear anything as the thing that Mark 61 posted says there's a few kilometres (and that's all it was!) leeway. Think this lot would have Interpol on the case! :lol-053:

You're not the only one wondering if a fine will come in the post. Got back after four and a half months away and expected to find one on the mat - but nothing waiting for me. I hope it stays that way.

By the way. Don't you just love it when somebody notices you are a single traveller asks "Do you drive it yourself". My usual answer is that the dog can't drive.

Wow, 4 and a half months! Easier to survive in a bigger van I should think ... my van's a swb and the bed has to be made up/down ... I knew it was time to come home when it started to get on my nerves! Can I assume you're female as people don't usually ask that of a man!

Hi Carol ... congratulations and welcome back ... balls or not. x

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Hi Carol ... congratulations and welcome back ... balls or not. x

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Thanks Barry ... been a few weeks now but thought I'd better let everyone know! No balls btw! :wave:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back