Spare wheel

Not here,i have tried a few on my car with same pcd,no one worked as they either hit the brake caliper or other sus parts,some new skodas can be fitted with any vw range of 5 stud wheels.
99% of the time the AA just lift you to nearest repair shop or take you home,which ever is the nearest.
Well you should get the same level of service as the mainland.
However all this does make the point that you are better off with a proper spare wheel that can be changed by your breakdown organisation or by yourself in person if you are capable. :)

Do you not think you picked up the nail after the puncture was repaired? It would be difficult to fix the puncture with the nail still in.
The Italians pointed out the repair with the nail in. So obviously very clever of Norway to repair with the nail but Null Points to Norway!

Reactions: R0B
I've got a full size spare mounted to the rear door. Plus jacks, breaker bar, compressor and puncture kit.

Never been mad keen on the tyre sealant gunk, but that's more just a personal preference rather than anything scientific. I've tried a few different puncture plug types (sticky worm and mushroom) and both have worked really well. I think the issue is that if you get a blowout, or cut the sidewall or edge of the tread, then without a spare you are going to be waiting, possibly somewhere less than ideal.

Last two tyres on my car were blow outs at edge so cannot be fixed,lucky i was within a 100yrds from tyre shop,so on went two new ones,haggeled price down to £110 for both.
The old tyres were as soft as putty but did give good grip,new ones have a much stronger build..

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back