Spare tyre

I do carry both wheel and tyre, but I have the payload capacity to do it. Lots of vans don't. I was just passing on the tip I was given. To reply to Pudsey, if you ask for a tyre company to come out, they will fit just a tyre, or inner tube, if you ask. It saves them coming back out with a new tyre, or having to sort out a tow. It probably depends on your insurance, if you are using them.
They cannot fit a tube as dangerous to do so.
tubes.jpg

Where's the bit about it being illegal?
Garage i worked in for a bit were told by tyre co its illegal, im not a barister so hade to take there word on it, other thing is you cannot buy them here in many years.

The motornome's, that is, not my personal one!
I am planning a trip to Spain and have come across the mandatory requirementsthat all vehicles up to 3,500 kgs must carry a spare tyre and the tools to change it.. My small motorhome is graded at 3,500 kgs. But it does not have a spare tyre, nor any facility at the moment to carry one.
Have any of you come across this problem and what have you done about it?
From https://www.rac.co.uk/drive/travel/country/spain/
  • Is it compulsory to carry a spare wheel in Spain?
    For Spanish residents, a spare tyre or puncture repair kit must be carried in the vehicle, but if your car is registered outside Spain this is not obligatory.
    You should, however, make sure you check all your tyres before setting off. The legal minimum depth of tyre tread is 1.6mm for the full circumference of the tyre.

Just watched US video of a 60 year old chap using one of these, he'd never seen one before and it took him three minutes to swap a knackered 15'' tyre for a new one.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back