Spare toilet cassette storage?

Goggles

Free Member
Hi for those that carry a spare toilet cassette where do you store it especially when full?

I carry 2 spares, and have on occasion needed to use them. They have to be carried in the under bed storage space in the garage, but I then have them bagged in a thick dustbin liner. No smells ever. The lids are secure and so there’s no worry of any leaks. It does make people double-take when I take 2 for emptying when I finally find somewhere, and then go back again and empty a third. They must wonder what’s up with my insides o_O

Dont carry one but there is so much room under my van I could hide the whole Irish population.
axle  1.jpg
axle in b.jpg

I carry a 25ltr can with a lid large enough to empty my cassette into I was lucky enough to pick a few up at a dairy farm I was visiting. But believe they are obtainable from Home Brew suppliers
View attachment 115565
Lots on facebook market place from about £2 up, I have some for extra heating oil storage.

We use a Really Useful plastic crate with lid, kept in garage, never had a spillage but easy to sluice out the crate if needed.

Wherever you store it, just ensure it is well secured and all should be well.

I carry 2 spares, and have on occasion needed to use them. They have to be carried in the under bed storage space in the garage, but I then have them bagged in a thick dustbin liner. No smells ever. The lids are secure and so there’s no worry of any leaks. It does make people double-take when I take 2 for emptying when I finally find somewhere, and then go back again and empty a third. They must wonder what’s up with my insides o_O
Looks like Geoff was right after all about the black holes then Simon. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I like witzends idea.
But I have to be honest I don’t reckon I would ever need it, but carrying the container just in case may be a good idea. But instead of carrying another cassette, or a container, I just ensure on any trips I plan that after 3 days we have access to disposal. I have never had a problem doing this on any trips I have made.

Looks like Geoff was right after all about the black holes then Simon. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
I also carry a folding shovel if we get caught out well away from civilisation. I will always attempt to empty daily or next day, but if we find a really, really nice place away from anywhere then I don’t need to worry how or where to empty.

I thought about but Michelle was dead against it and I can kind of understand why. certainly the long (and very large) C2 I think it is, is never 100% leak or smell proof.

This is my answer though. Ill always find somewhere to empty it without moving the van. :cool:

Is there a bracket or some way you could fix it to the underneath of the van or does this sound a bit daft? 🤔

Is there a bracket or some way you could fix it to the underneath of the van or does this sound a bit daft? 🤔
No it doesn't, I've seen some homemade bracket versions where the cassette slides in, but the downside is that the cassette or its cover gets covered in road c**p.

Not daft. There is an aftermarket locker to enable that for some models of Thetford cassette. I looked to making something similar to go under mine but realised there wasn’t sufficient depth to be able to do it.

Best practise is to sh-t in a bag and hang it in bushes along a dog walking path, no one will notice, esp near xmas if you use coloured bags with some tinsel round the neck, santa will get the blame. 😂

We don't have a garage nor spare external lockers for most of the time (I do remove the Cadac in winter and that gives me enough space for a spare cassette). So it goes in the shower, along with a cool box for greens, the ladder for the drop-down bed, the computer bag, the foldable trolley and anything else which will not fit elsewhere. When we shower everything comes out onto or under the table.

Gordon

(The spare cassette, empty or full, is stored inside a thick plastic rubble bag and sealed with one of those double-prong clips. AND it goes on the bottom of the items in the shower!)

We don't have a garage nor spare external lockers for most of the time (I do remove the Cadac in winter and that gives me enough space for a spare cassette). So it goes in the shower, along with a cool box for greens, the ladder for the drop-down bed, the computer bag, the foldable trolley and anything else which will not fit elsewhere. When we shower everything comes out onto or under the table.

Gordon

(The spare cassette, empty or full, is stored inside a thick plastic rubble bag and sealed with one of those double-prong clips. AND it goes on the bottom of the items in the shower!)
Looks like you dont wash then. 😂

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back