Spain

Exactly how we feel Ken, we can all wild and not pay a cent, but relaxation, and peace of mind, is worth a small amount of cash.
We always like to park where we feel comfortable to leave the van, or put the table and chairs out and not be forced off by the GNR or Guarda Civil!

For me relaxation & peace of mind is on a lakeside, riverbank, mountain-side, deserted beach, etc., not in a line-up of vans on a wretched campsite or jammed in with others on an aire, I could not relax in those conditions.

For me relaxation & peace of mind is on a lakeside, riverbank, mountain-side, deserted beach, etc., not in a line-up of vans on a wretched campsite or jammed in with others on an aire, I could not relax in those conditions.

everyone should use campsites or aires . its not good for modern m,homers to be parked up all over the place .
they can use the toilets on site . do their washing and do the dishes .
have as many showers as they want.
make picnic area outside their vans .
you should be encouraging them to keep doing it.
more on sites the better.
get cards for discount off the clubs in uk and abroad.
i,m sure it would be much better for them .
stop laughing now and open another bottle . hee hee

everyone should use campsites or aires . its not good for modern m,homers to be parked up all over the place .
they can use the toilets on site . do their washing and do the dishes .
have as many showers as they want.
make picnic area outside their vans .
you should be encouraging them to keep doing it.
more on sites the better.
get cards for discount off the clubs in uk and abroad.
i,m sure it would be much better for them .
stop laughing now and open another bottle . hee hee

I think a few smiley faces and other emojies wouldn't go a miss.

Everyone to there own I think there is a time and place for everything and at the moment paying 4.5 euros to be near the beach and within walking distance of a small village is OK.
Two days ago we were parked up in a forest and it was great.

I'm parked up in a fab spot ... car park near the beach just over the border. Portugal at last! Mind you, I'm sharing it with a few vans of young German crusties! 😊

Also parked up in fab spot, my favourite on Costa Blanca.

I throw open my sliding door in the morning on to a line-up of.....not vans.....but yachts!, the only noise is the tinkling of the rigging, in a wind or heavy swell.

It’s a small, little known & free car park tucked underneath the cliff, south-facing, sun all day, a clue being the renovated Torre above the Marina.

There is a POI in this town which we walked to yesterday, to have a nose, but found it overcrowded & very muddy due to the recent rains.

Here we have hard standing & plenty of room, there are toilets & water in the marina, even a shower. If we need to sit out, we carry the chairs 100yds to a sheltered beach which is ideal for swimming.

There are 3 other vans here, all Spanish, an over large German came in yesterday, a Port Official told him to bugger off.

Where are we??? Hee, Hee

Answers on a Postcard.

P.S. to kenspain......Don’t grass us up, mate.

94BE96CE-B2AE-41B0-9270-12CF42908F40.jpgCD4652C2-DC6F-461F-AF84-4EACF90EB8C1.jpg

Also parked up in fab spot, my favourite on Costa Blanca.

I throw open my sliding door in the morning on to a line-up of.....not vans.....but yachts!, the only noise is the tinkling of the rigging, in a wind or heavy swell.

It’s a small, little known & free car park tucked underneath the cliff, south-facing, sun all day, a clue being the renovated Torre above the Marina.

There is a POI in this town which we walked to yesterday, to have a nose, but found it overcrowded & very muddy due to the recent rains.

Here we have hard standing & plenty of room, there are toilets & water in the marina, even a shower. If we need to sit out, we carry the chairs 100yds to a sheltered beach which is ideal for swimming.

There are 3 other vans here, all Spanish, an over large German came in yesterday, a Port Official told him to bugger off.

Where are we??? Hee, Hee

Answers on a Postcard.

P.S. to kenspain......Don’t grass us up, mate.

View attachment 60981View attachment 60982
That might cost you a bottle of vino to not tell them :lol-053::lol-053::lol-053::wave:

Come on now Mike, friends and all ... do tell!

Of course I’ll tell me mates, but I’ve heard tell that our POIs end up wildly available on the internet, (Facebook etc.)

If bar workers & local residents can’t park their cars because the place is jammed with motor homes, we all know what will happen.

A palatial villa that used to be 2 single-storey fishermans’ cottages behind the beach on the Cabo-de-Gata that we stayed in front of every year on the way south, an old lady who lived in one of them welcomed us every trip.

A local businessman spent a fortune developing the site with loads of white marble, sunken lighting etc. So I thought he won’t want an old campervan outside his posh pad.

But knock on the van one day, it’s the guy from the villa, thought he was going to tell me to bugger off, but no, he was all smiles, invites us in for a drink & tells us if we want water or empty anything, just knock on the door.

It just shows you, keep away from the motorhome ghettoes or large groupings & there’s a whole different attitude out there.

64E46E2D-5B95-4A35-850A-75E8093EB988.jpg

Another great spot I’ve found near Adra,5E8D5E16-60E6-431E-809D-646138E6D36B.jpgbut no point broadcasting it as there is only one place under the overhanging Banyan trees, motor homes are banned in the town.

FFB77830-493B-4944-AEB5-F85264741CEB.jpg

Turned up yesterday at my favourite beach spot in Malaga to find the place closed off, they were filming.

Wandered along the coast for 4km & found a great spot, totally empty.

After 2 hours another van turns up!, can’t grumble really, he has more right than I, he was Spanish!

28A6980A-D297-4DC1-8444-BBAAA35460B9.jpgEE562CAB-2FD6-4739-A243-8451FB41E62E.jpg

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back