Spain

spigot

Waiting in the pissing rain at Portsmouth to catch the ferry to Santander, can’t wait to get outa here.

Think we’ll not bother with Portugal & head over to the Med, weather seems better on that coast.

Anyone else creeping about in the area?

Warm

Hi, we are at Villamartin south of Alicante (we're cheating by staying in cousin's apartment) for a few days then heading to Calpe next week. Maja

....and

....oh and it's warm !! Has been breezy a lot though which takes the edge off the heat a bit ! Today is very still however and definitely T-shirt weather for most of the day. You'll be glad when you're over here. Have a good crossing...Maja

Waiting in the pissing rain at Portsmouth to catch the ferry to Santander, can’t wait to get outa here.

Think we’ll not bother with Portugal & head over to the Med, weather seems better on that coast.

Here it,s clear blue sky's a bit chilly first thing but setting out side the bar nice and sunny :wave:

I'm here in Nerja and it's gorgeous! Weather been too hot for little white me! 🌞🌞🌞

little white me! 🌞🌞🌞

Ooh Carol, can you say that ????? you'll have the racist police after you :scared::scared::scared: Anyway, you didn't have to go all that way, a bottle from Aldi would have done :rockroll::rockroll:

Luvya

Absolutely spiffing weather Alicante area old chap. Seems to be set fair for a few days, which is as far into the future as I ever dare risk wanting to know.

You're not wrong though in your decision, all things considered, if you're into warming the old cockles the Med. most certainly has the edge over the Atlantic.

Thought you never bothered with Portugal? The weather has been fantastic in the south. And yes Oppy, I should have gone for my spray tan before I set off! ;)

Thought you never bothered with Portugal? The weather has been fantastic in the south. And yes Oppy, I should have gone for my spray tan before I set off! ;)

The second word is OFF

at roqueta de mar now we’ve had gorgeous weather for the last week coming down from torrevieja sitting outside till 5 tonight shirt off lovin it!

at roqueta de mar now we’ve had gorgeous weather for the last week coming down from torrevieja sitting outside till 5 tonight shirt off lovin it!

You do know now that there is a tax on any tan you get when you leave don,t you :lol-053::lol-053::lol-053::wave:

more than happy to pay it ken , it just baffles me that some of these councils don’t have the portuguese mindset and see all these visitors as an asset not a problem ie cullera , el pinet , palomares good areas with decent views if they provided basic services water drainage etc for a reasonable charge 3/4 euros everyone would be a winner, it’s easy enough to set time limits ie seasonal and collect the fees , when this was first mooted in manta rota by a dutch hairdresser they eventually allowed it but only for a few months they made so much money from it that it’s now open all year,

more than happy to pay it ken , it just baffles me that some of these councils don’t have the portuguese mindset and see all these visitors as an asset not a problem ie cullera , el pinet , palomares good areas with decent views if they provided basic services water drainage etc for a reasonable charge 3/4 euros everyone would be a winner, it’s easy enough to set time limits ie seasonal and collect the fees , when this was first mooted in manta rota by a dutch hairdresser they eventually allowed it but only for a few months they made so much money from it that it’s now open all year,[/QUOTE

I suppose locals may make decisions that may seem Ill judged to outsiders, but not every community considers a significant motor home presence worth the financial reward, Money is not the only consideration.And of course the locals
always retain the right to be wrong if they so wish.

Not sure I'd want a large aire near my home come to think of it!

not advocating it for everywhere but the places mentioned already have a significant motorhome presence mostly tolerated occasionally enforced or ignored although i love to wildcamp parking up 20-30 other vans on a beach i’m happy to contribute to local economy , the local police at el pinet come around every day but every couple of weeks the next ones up come along and enforce the parking not camping reg some go and sit on the beach some leave to stop this the local restaurant gives 2-4-1 meal vouchers it’s almost a game played out,

The sun has come out!

After a very choppy night in the Bay of Biscay, we awoke to brilliant sunshine & the sea like a millpond.

Won’t last though, heavy rain forecast for tomorrow.

Will have to get down to the Valencia region ASAP.

"Mostly tolerated" very likely a true statement but not exactly a
very positive endorsement of the without view of motorcaravanning!
Yes the butcher the baker may make a few €s out of the motorcaravan
fraternity, even the local authority may turn a profit out of a 4€ aire charge
but I bet they don't. Even privately run establishments come and go.
My guess is many local authorities take more notice of the local naysayers
complaining about motor caravanners, than anything else and would rather
we just b******do off.

However if they charged €9 for a hookup 'and' made it mandatory, who
knows!

Bay of Biscay early this morning. 4D16A284-B236-4293-9E02-52E328E3D4BC.jpg

"Mostly tolerated" very likely a true statement but not exactly a
very positive endorsement of the without view of motorcaravanning!
Yes the butcher the baker may make a few €s out of the motorcaravan
fraternity, even the local authority may turn a profit out of a 4€ aire charge
but I bet they don't. Even privately run establishments come and go.
My guess is many local authorities take more notice of the local naysayers
complaining about motor caravanners, than anything else and would rather
we just b******do off.

However if they charged €9 for a hookup 'and' made it mandatory, who
knows!

There is an alternative viewpoint.

Individual motorhome owners may or may not spend in local shops, restaurants etc. However those spending a significant length of time away from home are benefiting the country's economy through spend on groceries, fuel and other purchases.

In other words disposable income is diverted which must have significant benefit to the overall economy.

There is an alternative viewpoint.

Individual motorhome owners may or may not spend in local shops, restaurants etc. However those spending a significant length of time away from home are benefiting the country's economy through spend on groceries, fuel and other purchases.

In other words disposable income is diverted which must have significant benefit to the overall economy.

An economic benefit that then demands a response by central government,
(not local) assuming they even recognise the entity that is motor homing, if we
are to get positive changes. We're on about wild camping/free camping here as distinct from pay for campsite variations.
Somehow I don't think motor homers figure high on the governments list
of priorities, I rather think they'd just let local jurisdictions get on with sorting
out local matters. And the fact is that local authorities and the locals with
vested interests haha (yes them), know that there's much more economic benefit to be
derived from wilders and free campers if they went on authorised campsites,
and are not even willing to contemplate the provision of aires if there is a campsite available nearby. They're not wrong.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back