Spain/Portugal where are you?

Hi, we at Nazare on west coast of Portugal and have enjoyed the locals (men and women) in traditional dress. The funicular not working today so had to catch bus up to old town with wonderful church. On other topics...we too enjoy the China shops !! We use lidl a lot too. Problem in Portugal can't find nuke chicken or ribs like in Spain LOL !! Maja

Try the Porco Preto... Black pigmeat... they feed them on acorns from the cork trees . Chops, thin steaks ,,, lovely.

Try the flat thin Turkey Steaks... bifes de Peru.

They do cracking fresh sausages. The pink ones are superb .. the dark brown ones are more spicy.
Try to find a proper butcher.... Talho .

Leitao makes a tasty breakfast snack, you can get one in the freezer section of Intermarche in Messines

So...where you now moonshadow? Maja

Rota, but heading to Portugal tomorrow. Nazare one of our favourite stops, may pop in on our way up to Sao Pedro de Moel, to see my daughter. Where are you headed next?

Last edited:
Hi moonshadow, we have a week or so to spare between here (nazare) and Porto. Was thinking of Figueiro de foz on way but what was that place you suggested ? Maja

....ah, seen San Pedro....is it a good place to visit? Maja

Leaving La Manga today, slightly raining, heading to Caravaca de la Cruz. Don't know where I will be tonight.

Weather's gone belly-up here in Campello today, cloudy, drizzly, grey, dull & murky.
Just like the UK, but without the cold bit.

....ah, seen San Pedro....is it a good place to visit? Maja

Hi Maja, that is where my daughter lives. It is very quiet this time of year mostly second homes, but the beaches are beautiful as are the pine forests behind no problems parking! Figuera da Foz is very nice right on the beach and we are also planning on visiting Aveiro, which is also before you get to Porto, there was an article in one of the weekend papers about it a while back.

Weather's gone belly-up here in Campello today, cloudy, drizzly, grey, dull & murky.
Just like the UK, but without the cold bit.

Yippee!,
Sun's come out, clouds have gone.
Looks like another hot one, 21deg forecast for today(Alicante).

Suns out again nr Faro 15° now. Been getting strong open wifi signal notifications on phone for some time works fo a few mins then stops just worked out its coming from the local bus while it waits at the stop

There'll be a few more encamped up by the cemetery, neighbours are quiet though! Had a lovely visit there last year, definitely walk to the waterfall. Good restaurants too especially the one with the traditionally dressed man and lady mannequins outside.
this one
DSCF3153.jpg

Pretty little tourist attraction,nice for the golfing wives to visit while the boys do the serious stuff on the greens.

We wildcamped up in the lay-by opposite those bogs, for a week in 2000 . Cops were great, the chap in the kiosk was helpful and made us welcome . Most other vans were clustered round the old washouse

We went back the next year, in a downpour. The cops stopped us going up to the Fonte Grande.
We decided to run down to the coast,for shelter.
Crossing the bridge, the river was boiling over the waterfall,running blood red.
About an hour after we left, the cliff face washed away.
We would have been marooned if the cops hadn't warned us off. They repaired the cliffs by rendering them in concrete and eventually covered that with a huge painted Portuguese flag.

Is it still there?
Yes its still there
DSCF3151 (2).jpgDSCF3161.jpg

Coffee outdoors,followed by lunch on the terrace.
Time to bring the laundry in, rainclouds arriving from the SW.

Any news on Sagress Fort I,ve just been told all vans where moved recently and from several other locations south from Sines to the Cape

any vehicle with even a step out was fined!

Yes they don,t need much of a excuse I wasn,t fined at Carpenteria last year but when I argued camping or parking he said how can you not be camping in this vehicle thats what its made for

I'm at Fuengirola tonight. Passing through Torremolinos earlier there were large numbers of 'vans parked up despite very large and unambiguous signs on the entry road stating that motorhomes are not welcome overnight.

Are these people in need of a trip to a well-known high street optician, or are they just dumb?

Sometimes we are our own worst enemies!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back