SORN and insurance

Insurance just came due for my scooter,I'm going to sell it as soon as things pick up again but as I'm still using it for a grocery getter I thought I'd ring and see about reducing the premium. Carol Nash got it from £120 down to £50,it's absolute bare bones 3rd party insurance but I'm probably doing less than 5 miles a week so that's good enough for me.

didn't .gov say that MOT expiry dates are extended by some length of time, due to the cronyvirus ?
Or was that only road tax ?

Why third party, the vans of the road.
Surely insurers who insure motorhomes are aware of this situation and done their homework on this.
The biggest risk for them is injury or death you cause to another person, then its damage.
Well with your van sitting on your driveway or in a secure carpark these risk are gone.
Quite right only F&T needed - I was following on from all the other comments.
Same applies about the company having a free hand.
But if the F&T was cheap enough one might just cancel it and start again on Comprehensive cover?

didn't .gov say that MOT expiry dates are extended by some length of time, due to the cronyvirus ?
Or was that only road tax ?
Yes long extension on MoT if it expired after end March.
However as tax is an automated process with no need for human interaction it will continue being collected.

My road tax and insurance are due in June.
I will be using SORN for the road tax.
As for insurance I am hoping to arrange cover just for fire and theft.
Has anyone renewed recently, any tips would be welcome.
watch the insurance companys duck and dive, have a look in general how much they charge. the 1st thing they say is name address,and then they no were youve
tried. for you rubbish, for them. well, p.s. hope you suck-seed. ok.pj happy days

I'm with Adrian Flux and rather belatedly I asked them about laid up cover today.
They said that they'd have to cancel the original and then start a new policy - presumably the same going the other way.
As I have only 3 months to go and only paid £190 there wouldn't be any left after the admin fee!!
Apparently laid up cover is £60-100.
So again distinctly marginal - should have done it March but that's hindsight for you 😀

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back