SORN and insurance

I've started a thread in off-topic about a scam text message from the DVLA. Thought I'd mention it here because of the SORN connection.
Here's the thread....

Just asked NFU the question. If the MH is on the drive SORN'd and No MOT is it still insured. Waiting to hear back.

I emailed comfort insurance today to ask if I am still insured if I sorn, this is their reply
741C558A-5895-48A1-8FA9-F63B1EEE243F.png

Always worth checking your individual policies . We are with Caravan Guard and I could not find any problems with Sorn if vehicle not on road . Laid up cover ,eg Fire, Theft , Storm , etc still applies

You can’t win. Tax paid £1850, tax refunded £357.50 after 2 months. Obviously they are going to continue taxing as a car instead of under the changed regime. I wonder if one can reregister in a different class or if one is stuck in the small window of time when they changed the category for new MHs?

Ok QUESTION if you sorn your vehicle with fully comprehensive insurance des your insurance automatically become only covered for Third party fire and theft this was asked on Facebook and nobody seems to know the answer.

Got told yesterday that mine became invalid without tax/mot. Kinda tough as MOT ran out on Tuesday cos I was self isolating.

Of course, I emailed them at the start of the week to tell them, and they only told me that by email, yesterday, at 5.30. at exactly the same time they closed for the day... class!!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back