So now will they stop blaming motorhomes?

As the virus didn’t work, maybe culling them with a shotgun might work? But seriously in this undisciplined society we live in how can you stop it? It will take generations of moral guidance to solve this, but we have state funded organisations wanting all children to grow up as savages.

As the virus didn’t work, maybe culling them with a shotgun might work? But seriously in this undisciplined society we live in how can you stop it? It will take generations of moral guidance to solve this, but we have state funded organisations wanting all children to grow up as savages.
We didn't used to be such litter louts. I was thinking that maybe it is years of festivals that has led the participants to think it is o.k to leave rubbish as it gets cleared up after they leave...part of the entrance fee in fact....maybe...

B40A6553-5082-4F97-9252-D96E9AF2706A.jpeg

This mess is left behind by selfish people who don't give a crap about anyone but themselves. Where are those council officials who normally patrol our streets in plain clothes watching for people dropping cigarette ends and other litter, and handing out fines ? Surely this behaviour would be a very easy for them to detect ?

This mess is left behind by selfish people who don't give a crap about anyone but themselves. Where are those council officials who normally patrol our streets in plain clothes watching for people dropping cigarette ends and other litter, and handing out fines ? Surely this behaviour would be a very easy for them to detect ?
Think they would get there ar-e kicked on a crowded beach,they would here.

Pedalman, I am incandescent with rage that the councils, the law and the govt. allow this sort of behaviour to happen, and that was before the pandemic shone a spotlight on what a filthy nation we are.

OK, so it's a wider societal problem - i.e. we have a whole bunch of ignorant & selfish people, as you say, who need 'educating', and if they aren't prepared to be educated, or are too thick to be educated, then you "educate" them by finding other methods, a successful one is hitting them very hard in the pocket.

They caught and fined people breaking covid rules easily enough, so they can very easily make inroads with this problem too - if they wanted to.
Its a no brainer.

DEFRA have a "consultation" on the go about deposits being paid on every type of carry-out drink container.
They had a similar consultation back in 2017, no action followed. Why the hell they need yet another consultation is beyond me.
Why don't they just take action on the issues?! 🤷‍♀️

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

I guess the "p" will is just not there, so there is no hope of fixing this problem anytime soon. 🤷‍♀️

I could go a lot further this subject, but will shut up now or I'll be in deep trouble. 😳😜

The problem is simple to solve barriers and

1A6D17C9-C13E-4B0D-82BE-A0AA94C2D7B7.png

does the trick every time. :)

The problem is simple to solve barriers and

View attachment 95890
does the trick every time. :)

The scenes of litter and rubbish devastation are there for all to see, splashed across all media, and it is 100% obvious that the mess isn't caused by campervan/moho owners.

It has even been reported on mainstream media that a lot of the offenders are the troglodytes who can't get over to the Costas to inflict their disgusting behaviour on the poor Spanish. (NB. they didn't use the phrase troglodytes in the reports ;) )

But it isn't just the Costa troglodytes. There's plenty of other people who litter indiscriminately too.

I seriously feel like chopping their hands off, if it was legal :devilish::devilish::devilish:

If there is anything good that might come out of this pandemic it might be to really bring the problem of litter and anti-social behaviour to the top of the agenda. If it doesn't, it bl**dy well should do! If not then the only conclusion must be that we have people in positions of public responsibility who aren't doing their jobs properly.

The scenes of litter and rubbish devastation are there for all to see, splashed across all media, and it is 100% obvious that the mess isn't caused by campervan/moho owners.

It has even been reported on mainstream media that a lot of the offenders are the troglodytes who can't get over to the Costas to inflict their disgusting behaviour on the poor Spanish. (NB. they didn't use the phrase troglodytes in the reports ;) )

But it isn't just the Costa troglodytes. There's plenty of other people who litter indiscriminately too.

I seriously feel like chopping their hands off, if it was legal :devilish::devilish::devilish:

If there is anything good that might come out of this pandemic it might be to really bring the problem of litter and anti-social behaviour to the top of the agenda. If it doesn't, it bl**dy well should do! If not then the only conclusion must be that we have people in positions of public responsibility who aren't doing their jobs properly.

Marie two years ago my wife and I spent an awful night in Musselburgh fisherrow carpark. We had water bombs thrown at our van, louts were cursing and swearing on the beech, dog mess was everywhere, the toilets had been messed up, taps left running, loud music till midnight. When we got up next morning the beech was covered with litter. My wife said she did not want to go back there anymore, and on chatting with the couple on the other Moho that morning they said the same. A month later up went barriers and signs. I am optimistic like yourself, but nothing in this country would shock me.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back