Sleeping in vehicles

campervanannie

Ok so stupid or not so stupid question on a carpark that you can pay 24hrs but states no sleeping in vehicles so is that just the driver or anyone in that vehicle.
scenario 1 dads (DRIVER) is fishing mums asleep in the vehicle do the get a ticket
scenario 2 mum and dad are fishing teenager is asleep in the vehicle
both of these scenarios the carpark attendant is aware that someone is in the vehicle asleep, so is a ticket only issued if the driver is asleep Or does anyone traveling with them.

Ok so stupid or not so stupid question on a carpark that you can pay 24hrs but states no sleeping in vehicles so is that just the driver or anyone in that vehicle.
scenario 1 dads (DRIVER) is fishing mums asleep in the vehicle do the get a ticket
scenario 2 mum and dad are fishing teenager is asleep in the vehicle
both of these scenarios the carpark attendant is aware that someone is in the vehicle asleep, so is a ticket only issued if the driver is asleep Or does anyone traveling with them.

Or a baby?

Splitting hairs !
Suggest this nit-picking does us no favours !
The signage would be more precise if it said
"No Staying in Vehicles" maybe from midnight until 6am
Not surprising councils and locals complain !
I suggest the 24hrs is so that locals or visitors to hotels BB etc have somewhere to park
As @Geeky Philip posted on another thread "Parking = leaving the vehicle"
Not for me but ......?
The scenario of a sleeping baby with awake adults is "obviously OK" (IMO)
But we are not eamining that !
I suggest that 1 Adult awake in a seat and the other sleeping and then a "role reversal" is also taking the P155

OK you might succesfully challenge a fine but yippee ...more antagonism !

Last edited:
As the prosecution I would argue that as soon as any occupant is sleeping in a MH/camper the vehicle has ceased being simply parked.

As the defence I would argue that this is total bollocks and life is too bloody short to give a toss about someone sleeping in a car park.

Prosecution wins cos apparently we are a nation of anal beauricrats :rolleyes:

As the prosecution I would argue that as soon as any occupant is sleeping in a MH/camper the vehicle has ceased being simply parked.

As the defence I would argue that this is total bollocks and life is too bloody short to give a toss about someone sleeping in a car park.

Anyone who sleeps in a car park is one rung above the homeless, dontcha know. :rolleyes:
And you know how much nimbys hate the homeless, because the problem doesn't actually exist, right...? ;)

Splitting hairs !
Suggest this does us no favours !
The signage would be more precise if it said
"No Staying in Vehicles" maybe from midnight until 6am
Not surprising councils and locals complain !
I suggest the 24hrs is so that locals or visitors to hotels BB etc have somewhere to park
As @Geeky Philip posted on another thread "Parking = leaving the vehicle"
Not for me but ......?
Ok mr serious not splitting hairs just a daft conversation we were having and nobody knew the answer so I thought I would just ask the all knowing oracle that is WC just for a little lighthearted chat but for your info this carpark is in the middle of nowhere and no I did not sleep here so no council or locals are complaining it was simply a question that quite frankly I wish I’d never bloody asked. 😡

Anyone who sleeps in a car park is one rung above the homeless, dontcha know. :rolleyes:
And you know how much nimbys hate the homeless, because the problem doesn't actually exist, right...? ;)
Even one with this view Marie but at least he was not sleeping in the vehicle 😂😂 I was beach fishing he was fly fishing
675C4D27-E302-443A-B43D-BE7C2D9F5A1B.jpeg

Last edited:
Annie ..again not suggesting or implying you are doing anything wrong.
You asked for opinions !

Exceptions to every rule and remoteness lack of others might tempt me to overnight !
Taking the photo onboard
Locking the vehicle and sleeping on the beach is fine ;) 🌧
Or a different question !

Scenario 1, yes.

Scenario 2, yes

Resulting in, the vehicle will get ticketed, recovery will be called who will take it away and crush it,.

Arrest the driver who has been fishing and is legally responsible, lock them up for a very long time.

Any occupants who shouldn`t be there in the first place will get crushed along with the vehicle.

If they weren`t asleep which they were not supposed to be they would have noticed what was happeneing and got out.

Annie ..again not suggesting or implying you are doing anything wrong.
You asked for opinions !

Exceptions to every rule and remoteness lack of others might tempt me to overnight !
Taking the photo onboard
Locking the vehicle and sleeping on the beach is fine ;) 🌧
Or a different question !
We actually move off at night to a sneaky location so not to upset the locals It was just a hypothetical question as I watched the carpark attendant ticket 4 vehicles at 5am this morning ( not mine ) I was just thinking up shite to post to break the boredom of the mackerel not biting 😂😂😂

Were people actually sleeping in the ticketed vehicles, I wonder? How do the wardens know they were occupied? Thinking of your van being empty while you fish on beach at 5am.....hard to prove unless you saw the warden to prove it? These questions do while away the time......hope you got some brekkie!

are car park attendants trained to tell the difference , through a tinted window , between sleeping and meditating persons.. is there actually a legal definition of when resting with eyes shut becomes sleeping.

Theres' no end to beauracratic nonsens. Just google something like "ambulance (or hearse) gets parking ticket".

2020-08-11_091116.png

It's a clear nonsense to suggest a baby asleep would be sufficient to generatea a parking ticket. Babies need sleep. But so, perhaps, do those approachng end of life. Like me.

Councils want to stop us sleeping. Overngiht sleeping, that is. Present emergency excepted - there is little evidence of complaints from the public. Time and again councils allege complaints and then are unable to show those complaints. Successful appeal against a PCN is unlikely to generate antaganism.

On reflection, most of the complaints generated right now seem to be coming from those with an axe to grind - not generally from the public. I haven't looked closely and I might well be wrong about that.

Were people actually sleeping in the ticketed vehicles, I wonder? How do the wardens know they were occupied? Thinking of your van being empty while you fish on beach at 5am.....hard to prove unless you saw the warden to prove it? These questions do while away the time......hope you got some brekkie!
Some tickets are issued for none payment others for sleeping and in such a deserted location it’s not hard for him to workout which vehicles are occupied I think even I could walk round them ad get it 100% accurate and as for breakfast I’m afraid it’s bacon this morning 🙁

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back