Size of your van?

/
Would an H2 give enough headroom to stand up in the shower for someone 6ft 1?

I have done a little more research into the dimensions

"The three internal cargo heights start at 1662mm , and then 1932mm to the tallest at 2172mm."

//www.vanguide.co.uk/guides/fiat-ducato-dimensions

6'1" is 1855mm.

If you stand on the van floor you will only have 77mm (3") above your head.

So it all depends on the floor; shower tray and ceiling you fit.

My view is you need H3.

/

I have done a little more research into the dimensions

"The three internal cargo heights start at 1662mm , and then 1932mm to the tallest at 2172mm."

//www.vanguide.co.uk/guides/fiat-ducato-dimensions

6'1" is 1855mm.

If you stand on the van floor you will only have 77mm (3") above your head.

So it all depends on the floor; shower tray and ceiling you fit.

My view is you need H3.

Agreed, thanks.

It'll allow a lot more cupboard space too, and although the contents may create a weight issue, a nearly new L4H3 seems to be the way to go.

I wish folk would stop using metric as we have left the eu. 😂
The UK started the conversion to metric in 1965, 8 years before joining the EU. Feet and inches probably came to England with a European invasion by the Romans. An English clergyman called John Wilkins proposed a metric system in 1668 before the French and Germans got involved. I wish people would stop using these latin feet and inches because fractions a far too hard for an old man like me to add up.😀

The UK started the conversion to metric in 1965, 8 years before joining the EU. Feet and inches probably came to England with a European invasion by the Romans. An English clergyman called John Wilkins proposed a metric system in 1668 before the French and Germans got involved. I wish people would stop using these latin feet and inches because fractions a far too hard for an old man like me to add up.😀
Girls still talk in inches. ;)

I think we are around 6 metres (or 19.685 feet for thickos) we've had bigger like Kontiki and a couple of its sister ships Bessacarr E745s, I'd have another but the drive is a bit short here, and they dropped the layout when the new Fiats came out in 06.

But the size is only relevant to parking and ferries, no different to drive other than maybe more planted.

At 7.4m My limitation are always whether
IMG_20160612_154317.jpg
I can get backout/or turn round😓 easily.I as on a hidding to nothing when I tried here, luckly my wife was checking I was all clear 🤔

Ouch!

It’s amazing how tough a motorhome is though, I snapped a 10” square oak gate post when reversing to turn round, the bike rack bent a little but everything else is fine. It wasn’t a new gate post but it looked sound lol

I wish people would stop using these latin feet and inches because fractions a far too hard for an old man like me to add up.😀

Same applies to the calendar.
"30 days hath something something something
something something and something else,

All the rest hath 31 except ...."

Leaving aside the word "Hath" ("How many beds hath your motor home ?" and "What gas bottles hath thou in the van?" are not questions frequently asked in this group)

The whole thing makes my head hurt.
That's without the need to calculate when the Sunday after the first full moon following the vernal equinox occurs, so I know when to buy Easter Eggs,

There is a better way

Ouch!

It’s amazing how tough a motorhome is though, I snapped a 10” square oak gate post when reversing to turn round, the bike rack bent a little but everything else is fine. It wasn’t a new gate post but it looked sound lol
This was a 4" post too, as I was stuck in mud and gravel I had to give it some welly to get out on full lock and the post just appeared from nowhere 🙄

Ours is 7.3 M long, 2.8 M high, before the solar panels and roof lights were fitted but still under 3 M since it came out through a door 3 M high, 2.3 M wide, Mercedes Sprinter L4 H3 Panel van conversion, not a problem for us anywhere we want to go.

Last edited:
Inconspicuous is a state of mind, even sulphur yellow can do stealth and I could easily hide something like this in the autumn, qed:

Attachments

• IMG_0659.png
    IMG_0659.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 35
  • IMG_0253.jpeg
    IMG_0253.jpeg
    628.7 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_0252.png
    IMG_0252.png
    3.5 MB · Views: 37
7m German A class, 665w solar and 460Ah lithium, currently in Morocco part way through a 7 month long trip, off-grid the whole time. To be honest, I would go larger, not least because it would provide more roof space which could house more solar. I got chatting to a Dutch bloke in Spain last November, he had a huge truck with 4kW of solar, domestic washer dryer the lot. He even had a little Renault Twizy EV which he raised using the tail lift and drove into the garage! :D

Attachments

• solar.jpg
    solar.jpg
    604.5 KB · Views: 22

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back