Size of your van?

alanfleming

One of the things I've always wondered about is what size on average the vans are in which people go wilding. I have a 7m long 2.75m high van and to me that feels on the big size for being inconspicuous

So what do you all use when you're out and about?

Alan

Good question, I was wondering the same.

Currently got a 6m coachbuild which is OK but sometimes feels a bit small. Thinking my next (last?) will be based on an L4H3 Boxer.

Why do you feel that you have to be inconspicuios and hide, my van is 22.5 ft long and a big brute, i have never had to hide it
And in fact get ask all the time about it, folk here mind there own biz and dont tend to harrase folk, we just get on with life.
antrim glens a.jpg
view point c.jpg
doe castle.jpg
dgb4.jpg

Would an H2 give enough headroom to stand up in the shower for someone 6ft 1?

No.

2m = 2' 7" less the person = 6' 1"
Leaves 6 Inches for floor height above the road + thickness of the roof + max height of anything above the roof (Aerial; Solar panels ; sky lights)

No.

2m = 2' 7" less the person = 6' 1"
Leaves 6 Inches for floor height above the road + thickness of the roof + max height of anything above the roof (Aerial; Solar panels ; sky lights)

The height of the H2 is given as 2.5m, not 2m, so that's an extra 0.5m or 19in.

I know it would be close, but don't know how high the floor is off the ground.

Not sure how the height of anything above the roof affects headroom.

I suppose it would have been easier to ask what's the height of the payload area ...

The height of the H2 is given as 2.5m, not 2m, so that's an extra 0.5m or 19in.

I know it would be close, but don't know how high the floor is off the ground.

Not sure how the height of anything above the roof affects headroom.

I suppose it would have been easier to ask what's the height of the payload area ...
Don’t forget you have insulation and flooring for the floor and insulation in the roof. Some people put a lot and others don’t but don’t forget to take off however much you intend adding when you find the height 👍

7.5m long, 2.3m wide and 2.85m tall so doesn`t trigger the height sensor on the French Péage and happily goes through them as Class 2 :) .

Don’t forget you have insulation and flooring for the floor and insulation in the roof. Some people put a lot and others don’t but don’t forget to take off however much you intend adding when you find the height 👍

Thanks.

According to Parkes, the maximum load height is 1932mm. 6ft1 is 1854mm, leaving 78mm or 3in.

Just about doable (even if it means my head would be in the skylight in the shower as in the current van) but may not be worth the risk. 🤔

Anyway, apologies for accidentally hijacking the thread. 😕

Would an H2 give enough headroom to stand up in the shower for someone 6ft 1?
I've just been out to check - you might get away with it. I'm 5ft10 and have 3.5 inch clearance in the middle of the van (with shoes on). My internal ceiling curves slightly lower towards the edges. The internal load height dimension of the empty van is 1932mm (6ft 4) so will depend on the thickness of the floor and ceiling....

I've just been out to check - you might get away with it. I'm 5ft10 and have 3.5 inch clearance in the middle of the van (with shoes on). My internal ceiling curves slightly lower towards the edges. The internal load height dimension of the empty van is 1932mm (6ft 4) so will depend on the thickness of the floor and ceiling....

Thanks very much for checking 👍

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back